Pet Battle Bonus Weekends

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Tandy
MVP
Pet Score:8547
Realm:Kul Tiras-us
Pet Battle Bonus Weekends

Post by Tandy » August 4th, 2016, 7:02 pm

I checked the calendar right after 7.0 dropped and there was a bonus weekend scheduled for August 30 (same day Legion launches). It appears now, that they have eliminated it and there isn't a bonus weekend until November 1. Check your calendars and let me know if this is a bug on my calendar (Pretty sure it's not, but maybe it is...be the first time I'd hope there's actually a bug in my account). :lol:

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Pet Battle Bonus Weekends

Post by Quintessence » August 4th, 2016, 7:19 pm

IIRC, they temporarily removed the bonus week events, but I can't remember their reasoning behind it.

I believe the plan is to reactivate them once we're further into the expansion.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » August 4th, 2016, 8:04 pm

Quintessence wrote:IIRC, they temporarily removed the bonus week events, but I can't remember their reasoning behind it.
Yes, I saw an interview where one of them said that people are going to be very busy for the first month - levelling, gearing, getting rep, working on their artefact, all that stuff - so they didn't want to add Timewalking and other specials to the Things People Felt They Had To Do during that period.

Beyonder
MVP
Pet Score:12531

Post by Beyonder » August 5th, 2016, 6:38 am

Lets follow that logic one step further. Temporarily shut down all pre Legion dungeons and instances, daily's and quests.

And oh, btw, since we can only do all pet daily's in WOD on one toon now per battle net account, lets limit all raids and heroics and all daily's only to one toon per battle net account also, lets punish everyone equally who have more than 1 level 100, its not really fair to punish only the pet collectors now is it?

And let's not tell anyone the real reason we did this, because Blizzard really owns every single account and every single character, and they can do whatever they want whenever.

I know, I should be grateful they allow me to play the game and I need to stop complaining.

My humble apologies.

I really do love you Blizz, even though you are so mean to us at times.

Prettyheals
Pet Score:5799
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Prettyheals » August 5th, 2016, 6:49 am

I would follow their logic that players will be "busy" leveling, except for the fact that you don't need to be max level to pet battle. In fact, it is much easier to do WHILE leveling. A bonus weekend would only make that easier. The real reason is they want to force us into the new content whether we like it or not.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 5th, 2016, 5:27 pm

Actually I do agree with their logic in this - MOST players will be busy leveling and gearing so the bonus events would be wasted and I certainly didn't want to stop what I was doing just to feel obligated to get in my timewalking runs. If I had a gripe about this system it's that they're starting to get so many weekly events, I feel they ought to double up events each week or something, because the wait between each event is getting longer and longer.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » August 5th, 2016, 6:38 pm

I'm sure it did come up in another interview as well, but here is one answer
https://www.twitch.tv/warcraft/v/72784365 at 50:30

I agree with them.

I think the specialty weekends are a bad thing for the integrity of the world. They were a last-ditch attempt to breathe some life into a very stale drought, and I'd love to see these "special days", in which the natural rules of space, time and reward are changed, gone forever.

Apart from that I'd hate to feel forced to do 8 hours of Squirt or whatever the Legion equivalent is when I actually just want to keep exploring Highmountain or Suramar, or hunting for a P/S Stormstruck Beaver, or grinding towards my last artefact trait, or getting my third gold star in Blacksmithing.

Blizzard aren't targeting pet battlers for punishment here. They're giving everybody a free month to pursue their own agendas without pressure to optimise on something they don't want to do that week.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » August 6th, 2016, 1:37 am

I guess what may be disturbing is more the inconsistence in approach than the outcome itself.

It's hard to me to blame events specifically while you have a plenty of dailies since time immemorial. I can recall how I progressed both Argent Tournament and Molten Front at once. That was a pretty stale schedule, day by day, not without a kind of self-denial.

Yet nobody thinks about suspending every daily possible.That'd be another extreme, though? We and the Legion, fight them now, no time to move on? Actually more immersive than our average 'They're beating the King!' 'Shut up, who cares?' :lol:

Note that nothing stopped the devs to release the invasion during the Darkmoon Faire and this is my personal concern as this week I'll perhaps have to stay outta home to 6 p.m. :P

One of the WoD patches was in line with Midsummer.

Convert all dailies to weeklies! :F

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » August 6th, 2016, 5:43 am

I always thought one of Blizzards key messages was that there is no need to rush though new content. However with the removal of the weekly bonus events the message appears to be HURRY UP! experience the new content NOW!

Life is full of contradictions :)

Peterc

Tandy
MVP
Pet Score:8547

Post by Tandy » August 6th, 2016, 4:08 pm

I guess my main point was, they are doing bonus weekends for everything else, starting three weeks after Legion launches. Pet weekend was scheduled for that day (August 30). Rather than push it to the first available weekend, and thus keeping the rotation they had, they pushed us all the way to November. I think they should have stuck to the original rotation.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » August 6th, 2016, 4:32 pm

I think that's a fair complaint - my guess is for whatever reason they found it easier to just turn off events for a few weeks rather than hit pause and then resume once the first few weeks of new expansion were up.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » August 7th, 2016, 2:13 am

Tandy wrote:Rather than push it to the first available weekend, and thus keeping the rotation they had, they pushed us all the way to November. I think they should have stuck to the original rotation.
I'm sorry. I missed that.

Yes, if that's what they did, I think it was a bit lazy, and you have a valid point.