Resilient "buff" not working

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Stormseeker
Top Rater
Pet Score:6801
BattleTag®:Stormseeker#1145
Realm:Anvilmar-us
Resilient "buff" not working

Post by Stormseeker » August 1st, 2016, 10:26 pm

So I got back to doing my pandaren battle circuit today and got to the Whispering Spirit trainer. Normally it's a breeze, even boring at times lol, but today it was a royal pain. I use my Nether Faerie Dragon against the moth. First off, RNG was hating me. My dragon got put to sleep 8 times in a row (spread across multiple battles since i retreat if sleeped twice.) Each and EVERY time he got put to sleep he NEVER got the resilient buff that's supposed to make you immune to sleep/stun/etc for 2 rounds after the effect wears off. I go and stun a random spider in the wild and he gets the buff after it wore off. Don't have time to see if it's just the dragon having an issue or some other bug. Anyone else have this issue with that battle or any other?

I've submitted a ticket but if anyone else can replicate what happened to me (the not getting the resilient buff) then please make blizz aware of it with bug report. The more people who report it the better (assuming it's a real bug and not just something my end or whatever.)

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Resilient "buff" not working

Post by Ranok » August 1st, 2016, 11:01 pm

Couldn't re-create. Nether Faerie only got sleeped one time. Died after finishing off moth but Emerald Proto-Whelp then handily wiped out other two.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » August 2nd, 2016, 5:13 am

Sleeping state (as a CC effect and not self-caused hibernation) works in a bit different manner than stuns and interrupts.
It can be broken off by having damage taken (see [ability]Soothe[/ability] as an example).

For some reasons the resilience isn't applied when the CC effect is broken instead of fading off "naturally". Either it's a bug or something intended -- maybe they didn't want to punish a player too much for changing their mind and dealing damage.

(Poor wild striders with a [ability]Poison Spit[/ability]!)

E: typo
Last edited by Paladance on August 2nd, 2016, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » August 2nd, 2016, 8:21 am

were you put to sleep twice in a row? Sometimes if the stun gets 're-applied' the debuff isn't triggered untill the ability actually fades, lasting another round. I've had 4-round unlucky streaks against frogs with frog kiss before.

Stormseeker
Top Rater
Pet Score:6801
BattleTag®:Stormseeker#1145
Realm:Anvilmar-us

Post by Stormseeker » August 2nd, 2016, 5:10 pm

@Paladance: odd, I hadn't noticed sleep being a different CC than stuns before. Guess we can chalk that up to not getting sleeped 8 times in a row before heh. If it is WAI then that seems a bit messed up to me but hey it's just my thoughts so blizz does what they will. I'll update if I hear anything back from bug report, but I doubt that I will.