Pet Battle charms & stones in the expansion

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zortula
Pet Score:5330
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us
Pet Battle charms & stones in the expansion

Post by Zortula » July 30th, 2016, 3:56 pm

Has anyone given any thought as to whether or not we should stockpile charms and Battle & Training Stones in preparation for the new pets in the expansion? Thanks for your thoughts on the issue. :?

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Re: Pet Battle charms & stones in the expansion

Post by Neolarva » July 30th, 2016, 4:30 pm

With the charm you can buy in the new Dalaran :

- A toy : 1.000 charms
- 2 pets : 50 charms x2
- 2 pets : 100 charms x2
- 2 pets : 200 charms x2

=> 1.700 charms for the pets / toy.

You can still buy in your garrison or in the new Dalaran :
- 2 charms : stone +1 lvl of any families (a bag with random stones)
- 3 charms : stone +1 lvl neutral
- 5 charms : buff +25% xp during 1h
- 10 charms : buff +50% xp during 1h
- 15 charms : stone upgrade rare quality
and if you really need to, 5 charms => 25 bandages.

So yes, you should stockpile charms if you don't have anything to do, but :
- WoD rewards have been nerfed (-50% reward) and the garrison daily is now 1 per account instead of 1 per toon.
- Legion World Quest will reward charms and stones... etc

You should have done it before the nerf. I have stockpile a lot of charms / stones before the 7.0 went live.
(I used a few for a guildmate)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 30th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Neolarva that screenshot is glorious!

I got tired of doing the dailies so I only did the "easy" ones (Beakanator and the 3 birds) but still stocked up 3600 charms plus 2 bags of rarity and leveling stones. They'll definitely come in handy next xpac, I think.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 31st, 2016, 2:53 am

:o Gráinne also has a pretty hoard but that's even more!

For comparison, there you have myself who using mostly one character (sometimes the second one because of experience, but never repeated the quests, I'm such lazy :D) and picking up the battles conveniently as they were passed by*, I managed to gather ~1.8k charms, ~900 yellow stones, 30 blue stones and some duplicate pets for trade.

So it was not a big deal. :)

* Done full TToT circle a day maybe four times, Ashlei maybe 75% of the time, Taralune and Tarr while farming stuff in Nagrand etc. You can get it.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Badpathing
MVP
Pet Score:12840
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Badpathing » August 1st, 2016, 1:09 pm

Holy smokes.

I have about ~7k charms set aside and a bunch of yellow upgrade stones...and I thought that was impressive. That screenshot is nuts.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » August 1st, 2016, 1:28 pm

Neolarva that's an amazing collection you got there! Very impressive

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » August 1st, 2016, 5:20 pm

It was the only thing I had to do, it kept me busy while waiting for the 7.0 ^^

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » August 1st, 2016, 7:44 pm

Hi,

Ohhhh buggers the bonkers! I still have about 133 to bring up, so was not able to collect/save any rocks at all, but hopefully, my collection is good enough to be able to do fine during the expansion, although I am leaning towards not getting it and possibly leaving the game altogether.

The Pet Battles has been the only thing carrying me for the last 6 months, and it was challenging to get the proper balance and ideas together to take down some pets and I liked that challenge, unlike the game itself, that became nothing but the same thing in the jungle.

So far, I'm still OK with things, but struggling a bit (not really) to get the 15 Pet Charms daily, and not enjoying having to do Cymre, the only fight I have a bit of a hard time with, even though Anubiseth has helped a lot. But the 3 full health returns on the 3 toons, is a bit difficult and frustrating at times. I have been doing all the other 5 of those dailies and leaving that one out of the rotation. Just not a fun fight for me. AND you can not learn anything about using those abilities because we, the players, do not have them -- so it becomes a cheating situation for the home team.

133 or so blues to level to 25, and then 124 greens to level up to 25, most of which, at this time, are still under 5. I've concentrated the efforts on blues almost exclusively as you can see if you look at the pets list in the search.

The dailies has been strictly about getting one blue rock to upgrade a pet that there is no blue to farm for.

Wavsite
MVP
Pet Score:8734
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Wavsite » August 4th, 2016, 5:31 pm

Uduwudu wrote:So far, I'm still OK with things, but struggling a bit (not really) to get the 15 Pet Charms daily, and not enjoying having to do Cymre, the only fight I have a bit of a hard time with, even though Anubiseth has helped a lot.
Off-topic, but I wanted to let you know, I found a great strategy for this fight on Wowhead, by user TantrikGH. I used to use a Blossoming Ancient, but that took FOREVER! This strategy is much better, and much faster:

P/P Emperor Crab (1,1,2)
P/P Infinite Whelp (1,1,1)
Carry Pet that can survive 1 round of Swarm of Flies

vs Idol of Decay (9 rounds)
- Whirlpool > Snap until Idol is at sub 250 health > Carry Pet > Back to Crab > Renewing Mists > Snap (Idol goes to Undead round) > Swap to Infinite Whelp

vs Wishbright Lantern (4 rounds)
- Healing Flame > Tail Sweep 3x

vs Gyrexle (3 rounds)
- Early Advantage > Tail Sweep x2