squirky battle pet

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Cubcho
Pet Score:8939
Realm:Area 52-us
squirky battle pet

Post by Cubcho » July 26th, 2016, 1:32 am

was looking at the pets i don't have yet, and found squirky, a murloc pet that says it's obtainable from pet battle in "the great sea". i guess he's being added in legion?! sounds exciting, a new murloc pet you can just find and catch! :D

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: squirky battle pet

Post by Paladance » July 26th, 2016, 10:49 am

What???

It is a wild pet?!

Something you wouldn't expect from a named pet…

Do they tease us or is he, in fact, like [pet]Terky[/pet]?!

Ha! :D

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 26th, 2016, 4:11 pm

The odd thing about Squirky is that although he's listed as wild in the Pet Journal, there's a BoA item ([url=http://www.wowhead.com/item=141316/odd-murloc-egg]Odd Murloc Egg[/url]) that teaches the pet.

Wild pets don't require items to add them to collections, so what does this mean? Squirky might not be wild and may come from another source. We'll have to wait and see I guess.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Cubcho

Post by Cubcho » July 26th, 2016, 6:56 pm

hmm, i wasn't aware of that item. the text for this pet reads: "during November a secretive clan of murlocs often sends young tadpoles out to explore, adventure and begin their tale"
it could be somehow related to Blizzcon since that's in November, maybe even just a placeholder for the Blizzcon pet since the item you mentioned was BoA.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 27th, 2016, 12:16 am

Yes, so there's a contradiction.

But a murloc for Blizzcon seems pretty logical. Though it seems pretty normal except the new model?

There was a nice suggestion that it relates to the Traveler.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Cubcho

Post by Cubcho » July 28th, 2016, 2:45 am

ooh that sounds like a really interesting theory! "Tadpoles starting their adventure" sure sounds like the Traveler!

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » September 17th, 2016, 12:08 pm

Sorry, for this kind of necro-post, but since we still don't know much about [pet]Squirky[/pet], I think it is okay. :ugeek:

During my exploration of the Broken Isles I visited a place called "Seabreak Isle" in Azsuna that is home to the elite 110 Squigglefin murlocs that look like the grown up version of Squirky.

After a little bit of sneaking around in the water on my level 100 Outlaw rogue, I decided to visit the murloc village. Of course my little Dwarf died almost instantly. To my own surprise there is a spirit healer directly located at the murloc island! The island doesn't include much besides a bunch of anrgy murlocs and three of their captives. Interestingly enough there aren't any Tadpoles around, only some eggs that can't be interacted with. I went on for a while to explore the village and the shipwrecks as a ghost, but nothing interesting came up, so I decided to take a look at wowhead.

It seems that there are Squigglefin Tadpoles (critter & humanoids) and some spells referring to Squirky in the spell name in the game files since patch 7.0.3, but yet unknown or unused! Looking at the spells didn't give any hints about Squirky's location, but my educated guess would be that his egg is most likely a quest reward or at least related to a quest chain.

A quick internet search returned a promotional picture where a murloc that looks like Squirky can be seen with Malfurion in Teldrassil. One of the spells related to Squirky also includes a reference to a hidden mob that uses the sounds of Ancient Protectors that can be found in Val'sharah and Teldrassil.

Maybe I'm just a bit impressed by Blizzard and the "hidden" Kosumoth quest chain that doesn't really fit into the picture of post-Cataclysm WoW, but could it be that [pet]Squirky[/pet] is the new [pet]Terky[/pet] just waiting to be discovered?
Oh and by the way [pet]Terky[/pet]'s egg also binds to account according to the pet journal.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Manta
Pet Score:10277
Realm:Antonidas-eu

Post by Manta » November 7th, 2016, 5:31 pm

I found two caves at the great sea

a small one in stormheim (92, 67) and a big one at the World Map (69,13) - near stormheim

but both are empty

Kurasu
Top Rater
Pet Score:10017
BattleTag®:Kurasu#2861
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Kurasu » November 16th, 2016, 9:45 am

Sarajiel wrote:A quick internet search returned a promotional picture where a murloc that looks like Squirky can be seen with Malfurion in Teldrassil.
Actually, I suspect this isn't Malfurion. Or rather, if it *is* Malfurion, he's going by a different name in the book: the character is named Thalyss Greyoak. He is specifically described as having antlers.

Cubcho

Post by Cubcho » November 20th, 2016, 2:48 pm

just noticed the pre-patch datamined stuff on wowhead, and I saw a micro holiday called march of the tadpoles, and the description was "March of the Tadpoles (April 5): "Today, the baby Winterfin murlocs of Borean Tundra complete their trip across the Westrift." and it made me think this could have something to do with squirky since the description for the battle pet was very similar too

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » November 20th, 2016, 4:53 pm

One of the things Watcher said about micro-holidays in the Q&A was that the devs didn't want people to regret missing them. That makes it a bit less likely that they would make a unique pet available just for that day.

Adoxe
Pet Score:6093
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Adoxe » December 26th, 2016, 9:47 am

Blizzard tweeted this few minutes ago - https://twitter com/Warcraft/status/813384146982760448
The murloc hidden in the robes is using Squirky's model and the updated in-game journal text mentiones "special time of the year" which Christmas/Winter Veil definitely is. I think we should be looking for him now during Winter's Veil, or it's just a coincidence.

(Removed the dot from twitter link because I can't link yet)

GilroyKilroy
MVP
Pet Score:6114

Post by GilroyKilroy » December 26th, 2016, 5:58 pm

Wowhead shows a picture of Odd Murloc Egg cluster. This can be found at 19.66, 19.58 on Seabreak Island off of Azuna. Alas they all say "Prisitne Squigglefin Egg" and are non-interactable as of this post.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » December 26th, 2016, 9:33 pm

I wonder if we need a murloc costume to make the Squigglefin friendly before being able to do anything on the island in Azsuna. Just seems odd that they're hostile -- I mean, hostile murlocs are one thing, but ELITE on top of that.

Has anyone tried using a Celebration Wand - Murloc before exploring the island? It's a long shot, especially since the wand is now unavailable (was a WoW anniversary item, purchasable for Timewarped Badges), but I can't think of any other costume or spell that might trick the Squigglefin.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Avalee
Pet Score:6870
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Avalee » December 27th, 2016, 1:53 pm

Most likely we need to wait til April 5:

March of the Tadpoles: Each year, the Winterfin murlocs allow their tadpoles free reign over their village. You can make a difference by adopting your favorite, feeding it, and protecting it from nearby predators.

Cypetcollector
Pet Score:8984
Realm:Twisting Nether-us

Post by Cypetcollector » December 27th, 2016, 2:10 pm

March of the tadpoles is a micro holiday, and micro holidays won't reward any achievements, mounts or pets.

Alexypol

Post by Alexypol » December 28th, 2016, 5:58 pm

What about: the holiday itself won't give any pets, but Squirky will be available to catch during MoT?

Gilneas
Top Rater
Pet Score:10095
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Gilneas » December 28th, 2016, 6:38 pm

Only being available during the micro-holiday would make him from that holiday, and they explicitly said that they won't include pets as a part of the micro-holidays.

Hawg
MVP
Pet Score:12952
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Hawg » January 10th, 2017, 2:29 am

Data mining of 7.1.5 on mmo-champion shows this new achievment:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/11427 ... 2900-23360

It doesn't show Squirky as a reward, but......

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 10th, 2017, 2:58 am

Hawg wrote:Data mining of 7.1.5 on mmo-champion shows this new achievment:

http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/11427 ... 2900-23360

It doesn't show Squirky as a reward, but......
That's NOT a new achievement. and it rewards a toy (can't remember which one).

It's most likely a bug fix, as I have completed it 4/11-16 --> http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... 252:a11427

EDIT: It even says "Added in Patch 7.1.0 "