Pet Battles on 07/19 and related bugs!!!

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us
Pet Battles on 07/19 and related bugs!!!

Post by Uduwudu » July 20th, 2016, 1:07 am

Hi,

Some observations, although I think there will be slight revisions here and there in regards to Pet Battles.

The Garrison Daily is a bit messed up, if you have more than one character on an account. I have two accounts, one with 6 characters at 100 and the other with 4 characters. The daily by Serr'ah and Lio are slightly bugged, in that it continues showing up again, and when you do the fight again, it won't resolve the quest, and there are no goodies. If you drop the quest and reload the ui, it disappears. YEP ... that's exactly what I said, but it won't disappear before you do the quest.

They fixed something since this morning, as I have gotten the last two characters to be able to do the daily fight. The Warlords weekly, came up for me, but was displaying 5/5, until I finished the first fight, then it was correct the rest of the way. It did not work correctly on BOTH of the accounts, as you should only be able to do it once, and it covers both paying accounts, because of the Battle.Net login. However, when I went in later today, one of my characters on the 2nd account, said that the Warlords Quest was finished, and I got me an extra stack of upgrade stones. Thanks ... I used them wisely, too!

The Book Series, and the higher level Pet Battles ... my neighbor was trying to do the Jade Forest goon, and could not finish it. We went there and tried again. His first pet was taken down in 2 hits, and the second pet in one hit and the fight closed ... but while the Battle Master did not complete the quest properly, his log said ... quest done ... and you have finished Book 1! And he went to turn it in fine in the Vale ... for the bootie prize ... one hot dog for your pets! Wooooppppiiiiieeeeedoooooo! Oh, btw, Howl and Dazzling Dance over there was ignored by the Masters Pet .. no kidding! Since the fight ended so fast, I stopped looking. I'm betting all those strategies have to be re-written, and be careful with websites that have information that is Neolithic ... like 2013. That is really BAD!

Went on my scavenger hunt for the non-existing Minfernal, and my 58 DK was having a small party, and for the first time, in 4 servers, after 2 months, I actually saw some pets run around, Tainted this or that and such, but before, almost nothing around the Minfernal area whatsoever. So I took those down while burning some clock. Had Level 17 Rare pets doping the fighting ... hmmm ... XP for one about 250 Points,. XP for 2 about 120 each. Xp for three was about 59 each. I already miss the bonus week, how about you?

Any other observations by anyone? I'm expecting at least the Garrison daily for Pet Battles to get fixed with the reset tomorrow morning.

Other than that, things got simplified ... but the Nerf's and no buffs? ... Ouch!!! Well, at least Heroic and Mythic got brought down a good percentage, but I am not sure about the rest.

How's everyone doing, when you see that the game wants to take down the folks selling things for 100K? Gold is not going to come as easy as it did, and already the Missions by the Followers have no Gold in them, and neither do the Ships. I think the only way to get it now is by questing and questing and dungeons and instances. The Garrison will not be there to make you moolah!

Have some fun/ny!
Last edited by Uduwudu on July 21st, 2016, 9:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Uduwudu

Re: Pet Battles on 07/19 and related

Post by Uduwudu » July 20th, 2016, 1:22 am

Hi,

Some numbers ...

DOOM by Unborn Val'kyr ... about 450 to 500. Same on other Undead with it? (sorry had typo)
Geyser/Whirlpool by Pandaren Water Spirit ... about 450 to 500.

Haven't tried Chrominius, but I bet his 2200 is now around 1100/1200 only.
Haven't tried Nether Fairie Dragon or Nexus Whelpling, but it is a good bet they don't do 1K anymore.

This is going to make Stitches impossible to take down ... he requires hits over 500, and right now, it looks like there won't be many of them, if any at all.

Lastly ... the strategies need to get updated.

Ex: Today's fight (Quintessence of Light) on that one site, says to have UV do Doom, and then immediately drop UA. If you did that, you are going to have a hard time closing the fight. And you wasted about a total of another 1K damage that UV can do before you need to cast UA. So I Doom, hit, hit, hit, hit, she dies and then cast UA on the Rez. The PWS was able to finish the fight provided you adjust properly ... Whirpool (or Geyser - they seem the same now!), Water Jet, Heal, Water Jet, Water Jet, Whirlpool, Heal, Water Jet the rest of the way and fight is over. You might have (only happened 2 times out of 10) use your third pet, as Quintessence only has about 100 or 200 points left. Moonfire is my gun at that point!

My only suggestion is BE PREPARED, to not hit for 1K now, and select/choose pets wisely, and do not think that things can be done in one shot with Chrominius anymore ... that's probably history!
Last edited by Uduwudu on July 20th, 2016, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tandy
MVP
Pet Score:8547
Realm:Kul Tiras-us

Post by Tandy » July 20th, 2016, 5:31 pm

1) I am still experiencing the problem with the garrison daily showing up again after I've already done it, but only on some toons.
2) For a couple of toons the quest won't show up at all, or takes 15 minutes to show up.
3) The Magic Battle-Stone one of my toons got this morning seems to be unusable on the Enchanted Broom. It's not the stone that's the problem, it's the broom. Although it is level 17, and shows it's level 17 in my journal, when you target it, it shows as level 0.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » July 20th, 2016, 5:46 pm

Tandy wrote:1) I am still experiencing the problem with the garrison daily showing up again after I've already done it, but only on some toons.
2) For a couple of toons the quest won't show up at all, or takes 15 minutes to show up.
3) The Magic Battle-Stone one of my toons got this morning seems to be unusable on the Enchanted Broom. It's not the stone that's the problem, it's the broom. Although it is level 17, and shows it's level 17 in my journal, when you target it, it shows as level 0.
I would definitely send Blizzard bug reports on these 3 things. Especially about the Enchanted Broom - dailies and quests are often easily bugged for various reasons, but the issue you noted about the broom seems very specific.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » July 20th, 2016, 10:48 pm

Biscuit wrote:Red Cricket can solo Stitches.

Rapana Whelk can solo Quintessence of Light.

Good luck.
Didn't try the Rapana Welk, but the nerf's on the numbers are harsh, considering the way we are used to it. My guess is that they will take out ALL the one pet fights, like these two you mention. It kinda takes the challenge out of things, and I have to agree to a point. The code was there and we worked with it ... very simple.

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » July 20th, 2016, 10:51 pm

Tandy wrote: ...
Oh my GAWD ... I have to get me an Enchanted Broom.

One of my favorite bits in gaming, was in the old EQ game, and my BARD had a broom and a shovel, and I always brought it out when there was a wipe on a raid ... 80 corpses all over ... we have to do some cleaning.

I loved running around with it, since they took one of those items out and it could not be gotten anymore ... and it was cool.

Now you got my mind flying ... yiiiiikkkkeeeesssss!

And, YES, I would definitely BUG REPORT that.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 21st, 2016, 2:10 am

The bugs related to Draenor weekly or Beasts of fable have been happening before the patch. I've had even a case of self-abandoning regular PvP weekly, that was very frustrating!

Perhaps we in EU have a messed up order, we had The Beakinator yesterday and a Nex soloed him as usual.

Is there any reason to mention [pet]Rapana Whelk[/pet] specifically? (Seen on WH a lot.) Because perhaps this is the worst snail in the game.

For Stitches Jr.: Is [pet]Frostfur Rat[/pet] affected? It used to solo him too even having a weak breed, but only because the internal calculation priority allowed to hit hard enough.

I've also combined [pet]Ghost Maggot[/pet] ([ability]Stench[/ability], [ability]Chomp[/ability], [ability]Ghostly Bite[/ability]) with [pet]Frostwolf Ghostpup[/pet] just to fight flesh with spirits. ;) No resurrection sickness included because maggot is swapped in the half and the RNG debuff should give you enough protection.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Asclepius
Top Rater
Pet Score:5054
BattleTag®:Asclepius#1550
Realm:Black Dragonflight-us

Post by Asclepius » July 21st, 2016, 8:08 am

I use a P/P [pet]Nether Faerie Drake[/pet] for Quintessence of Light.
1). [ability]Moonfire[/ability]
2). [ability]Arcane Blast[/ability]
3). [ability]Life Exchange[/ability]
4). [ability]Arcane Blast[/ability]
5). [ability]Moonfire[/ability]

Even if Quintessence of Light does enough damage as long as you cast Life Exchange, your health mught drop to 0 before the heal, you jump back to full health. At that point she'll be below half health and it's an easy fight

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » July 21st, 2016, 9:30 am

Hi,

The main thing to remember is that a lot of Battles will be different, and you may want to be prepared for it. I really think that one Pet daily battles, will likely be history, by the time they get done with the updates and cleanups. It was designed for 3 Pets (sometimes) with different abilities and for a freak design issue to undo that code, will eventually get it fixed.

Just like the Howl Bombs, are done, Whirlpool/Geyser does half the damage, and probably less if the other character has a buff (I hate to see this on PvP!) and the Mechanical Bombs, also appear Nerf'd although I had no problems with Gargra, but I usually do OK, with her 3 pet wolves.

Some of the fights that I think will be tough, will be like the one with Stitches, since the number of large damage hits just dropped in our abilities, and his "defense" still says at least 500 points. Meaning, we will (likely) have to find another solution.

REMEMBER ... yesterday's strategy will NOT necessarily work tomorrow, as you have a bunch of well versed, and not stupid programmers that know how to adjust things, specially if they saw 174 consecutive players use the Rapana Maelstrom Idiot, take down Stitches by himself in 3 hits! You know very well, that if you were a programmer, you would have that fixed, REAL QUICK.

Rethink/Study, your strategy, as you will find many things do not work, and all of a sudden you do not know how to handle it, and all the information out there is from Greek Mythology badly translated by Edith Idiot!

Uduwudu

Re: Pet Battles on 07/19 and related bugs!!!

Post by Uduwudu » July 21st, 2016, 9:46 am

Hi,

First character out of the shoot!

Lio the Lioness has a Blue Exclamation Mark!

Tried to get the quest.

There isn't one.

/console reloadui

Quest is not there!

It also looks like there is not a change of pets from yesterday, since the three Protectrons are still there. This might be the reason why I can not get the quest, but my 4 other characters from yesterday (that couldn't) probably can today!

It's starting to feel like totally amateur code artistry, or these guys are playing Pokeman! :mrgreen:

BTW, there just was a SERVER daily quest reset, and now Stitches is up ... good luck taking him down ... so far nothing works. Got close with Unborn Valkyr helping with UA, but Pandaren Water Spirit is worthless ... nothing hit! Gonna try som other Howl Bombs ... the problem with Chrominius and some bombs, is you're done, and you can not be "done" against an Undead since you have to hit again, for more than 500!

Had another go: UV/Nether Fairie Dragon/Alpine Foxling
Doom/Shadow Slash until you get a chance for a 2nd Doom/On Rez, use UA
Arcane Blast all the way with Life Exchange once, when needed. Don't use it too early.
Took Stitches down, with Arcane Blast that hit for 700 some after his rez.
Did not have to use Alpine Foxling, but had Flurry and Howl on back up to finish fight on his rez if it came to that. Changed Foxling for Tonk for the Rez if needed, but got lucky and was able to get an extra Doom in.
Last edited by Uduwudu on July 21st, 2016, 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Prettyheals
Pet Score:5799

Post by Prettyheals » July 21st, 2016, 10:25 am

As of this morning, the pet menagerie bugs persist for the third day. I am frankly really irritated. Since raiding is done for a while until we reach lvl 110, I was hoping to level up some of my battle pets to keep me occupied. This stupid patch has ruined my ability to do that. Some of the issues I assume will be resolved somehow, but the nerfs to pet battle experience, and pet abilities have left me irritated to the core. All this coupled with the fact that my daily quests are screwed up, they changed the server reset time to 10 a.m. CST, so now I can't even do my daily quests before work, plus I haven't seen Erris for three days on 10 lvl 100's on my account, AND the nerf to my ability to level pets in my garrison using the halloween pets, means I am probably done playing at all until legion drops. I don't know why Blizzard wants to make pet battling more difficult. For most of us, it is a side activity we do in game when we aren't focused on other aspects of WoW. I don't want to commit my limited game time to spending hours leveling a few pets a week. I have over 700, with only half leveled to 25. At this pace it will take me years to level them all. Whatever to that...

Oh, and to those trying to take down Stitches, they have not nerfed the Nether Fairie Dragon, or the Iron Starlette. Using those two in combo easily takes down Stitches (Nether Fairie: Life Exchange, Moonfire; Iron Starlette: Wind Up, Super Charge, Wind Up). If you are lucky enough to have an unbugged pet menagerie, good luck to you!

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » July 21st, 2016, 10:40 am

Hi,

There was at 8AM (PST) a "Garrison Daily Quests Reset" done, and things are working now. Stitches is up. Updated my write up, as I have been able to take him down, but depends on how he does it ... if he continually does AoE damage on UV, there will be problems, but Life Exchange will be nice.

MASSIVE bug found ... On one account, my 4 characters on Alliance were able to do Stitches after the reset they ran at 8AM. However, my two characters on the Horde side, were not able to do them! Exclamation Blue mark was there, but no quest, and then on reloadui, the quest was not there at all.

Submitted bug ... I was thinking that sending a picture of a tourniquet might be more effective for some code artistry!

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » July 21st, 2016, 11:16 am

Prettyheals wrote: ...
Oh, and to those trying to take down Stitches, they have not nerfed the Nether Fairie Dragon, or the Iron Starlette. Using those two in combo easily takes down Stitches (Nether Fairie: Life Exchange, Moonfire; Iron Starlette: Wind Up, Super Charge, Wind Up). If you are lucky enough to have an unbugged pet menagerie, good luck to you!
It doesn't really matter which Pet you use. You just have to be able to hit over 500 for Stitches, and with many nerf's this is not likely to happen as often. I have not tried the Iron Starlette, but again, any "bomb" enhancement, has been nerf'd ... and Starlette's will likely also be.

AGAIN, be wary of information from the NeoGreekMythology ideas. Things have changed, and we need to adapt, so making sure that your thoughts are "tested" is of primary importance, right now, to ensure that no one gets frustrated and quits the game.

I'm still enjoying it, but bad information, is getting out of line! You MUST be seeing that! YOU could take down Stitches with that before, but you might not now. I'm OK so far with UV and NFD and using Tonk as back up due to the rez so I have another chance for a hit. Again, you have quite a few LESS hits over 500 to deal with in your complete inventory ... like half of them are gone! I just saw Chrominius do 1800, but from the usual 2200 that is a 15% nerf. And Whelplings are nerf'd, though not as badly.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896

Post by Quintessence » July 21st, 2016, 11:47 am

RE: Stitches Jr. - [pet]Stinker[/pet]! This little skunk can solo him almost every time. Only occasionally do I need a second pet to finish off Stitches. [pet]Giant Sewer Rat[/pet] makes for a decent follow-up.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Dirtyrobot
Pet Score:4908
Realm:Cho'gall-us

Post by Dirtyrobot » July 21st, 2016, 1:04 pm

Ethereal Soul Trader is usually able to solo Stitches, I use Servant of Demidos as a backup.

Prettyheals
Pet Score:5799

Post by Prettyheals » July 21st, 2016, 1:35 pm

AGAIN, be wary of information from the NeoGreekMythology ideas. Things have changed, and we need to adapt, so making sure that your thoughts are "tested" is of primary importance, right now, to ensure that no one gets frustrated and quits the game.
Not sure were you are getting your information from. I have tested this strategy since the patch. I would never post anything that I am not sure would work. Since it seems you have not tested it yourself, why comment on it? Breed may be more important now than it has been. In all my test runs (on 6 characters), the iron starlette was able to finish the battle. It is important to note I was using a P/B breed with 1465 health. If you are using a different breed, it may not be able to complete its wind up before dying. I did run into a string of bad luck on one battle where the Starlette and Stiches both died, but it is important to note that even if there was a nerf to the supercharge, that the hit still does >1600 damage, which is all you need to finish off Stitches after the Nether Fairie in this battle.

Update:

I completed the battle about another 10 times...Damage from the Fairie and Starlette are consistently the following:

Nether Fairie: Life Exchange = 972 (non-crit damage)
Nether Fairie: Moonfire = 676 (non-crit damage)
Iron Starlette: Wind Up + Super Charge + Wind Up = 2577 (non-crit damage)

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » July 21st, 2016, 7:52 pm

[quote="Prettyheals"]
Not sure were you are getting your information from. I have tested this strategy since the patch.
[quote]

Odd ...my NFD (P/P) was able to finish most of it, after the UV took him down over halfway, but it was not easy, and it was close. I was able to do two Doom's and no other hits stuck. Did not use Iron Starlette yet, but will on another try. ALL, my information is just observational and looking at the logs. Not finding pets that can do Stitches properly, and the strategies are not written anywhere, makes it harder and more frustrating. Being in a place like this website, helps, though, and I thank all of you. But if someone, this site included is going to put up strategies, please REMOVE all the old crap! Or at least mark it OLD at the top? I mean, does it take an idiot to notice that the PWS is no longer as effective as it was last week? In any fight?

As an example, my neighbor got so frustrated, because he could not get anything done, that he turned off the computer and left. He's not exactly a dud and has almost 500 Pets, but it was not easy, combined with all the harsh changes (his first going around through them!!!), left him out of it, and hasn't played since. And he had covered his playing for over 3 months already, before.

All in all, the bugs are frustrating. Here is my take:

Account 1 - 4 Alliance and 2 Horde all at 100. 4 Alliance got the daily with Stitches, and both Horde characters were shut out.

Account 2 - 2 Alliance and 2 Horde all at 100. 1 Alliance for the daily with Stitches and all three other characters were shut out.

So, only half my characters can do the daily, and this was almost the same yesterday, although I was able to get it done on 6 of them, instead of 5 like today.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » July 21st, 2016, 8:38 pm

Three times now I've had toons check out Menagerie and Lio wouldn't give them the daily quest. Each time logging off and then back on fixed it, blue exclamation point now shows up and can get the quest. Something is indeed glitched but so far no problem getting around it.

Saw and successfully fought Erris just yesterday, don't know if Blizz has made her show up less often or if people are just getting stung by RNG.

So far the popular strategies from Wowhead forums have worked for Quintessence, Protectrons, and Stitches, haven't noticed any difference from pre-patch. Fish with Pump and Cleansing Rain can usually solo Stitches btw.

Uduwudu

Post by Uduwudu » July 21st, 2016, 9:31 pm

Ranok wrote:Three times now I've had toons check out Menagerie and Lio wouldn't give them the daily quest. Each time logging off and then back on fixed it, blue exclamation point now shows up and can get the quest. Something is indeed glitched but so far no problem getting around it.
Thanks. that worked!

Happy! More pets! More pets! More pets!