What pets do you hope get a makeover in Legion?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Valianya
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Arathor-us
What pets do you hope get a makeover in Legion?

Post by Valianya » July 19th, 2016, 12:14 am

I'm not entirely sure of the whole list of pets getting a makeover in Legion. These include but are not limited to: rabbits, rats/mice, squirrels, sheep, and raven/crow.

What other pets are you hoping get new, prettier skins?

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: What pets do you hope get a makeover in Legion?

Post by Quintessence » July 19th, 2016, 3:18 am

I think the chicken and marmot models could use a makeover, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like additional models will receive updates with Legion's release.

This doesn't mean revamped models aren't planned or are not coming post-Legion, but it's a big unknown at the moment.

We can only hope that additional pet model updates will come in the future!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 19th, 2016, 12:58 pm

Quintessence wrote:I think the chicken and marmot models could use a makeover, but unfortunately it doesn't seem like additional models will receive updates with Legion's release.
This!

Feline pets also don't seem updated, even if that would make Mr. Bigglesworth a bit jealous.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » July 19th, 2016, 2:46 pm

I know this is the minority opinion, but I'm hoping the answer is: none. I like how they had handled adding in the new frog and snake models - the existing pets kept the old models, the new pets got the new models. It was like getting the best of both worlds. I really don't want the old rabbit model taken away. :(

Not surprisingly I play with the original character models toggled on as well.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » July 20th, 2016, 1:50 am

I like some changes and some not. The most bugging thing to me is the new corvid model that has nothing to do with corvids.

And there would be one of each species that would keep the old skin. Some creatures deep from the classic game. Or a pack of new pets with old skins, perhaps from Timewalking or Caverns of Time. :) Or Emerald Dream, to keep it within expansion and still within the lore a bit! :lol: (It used to be regarded as an alternate world, where no species was tamed and shaped by people, right?)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Valianya
Pet Score:2663
Realm:Arathor-us

Post by Valianya » July 20th, 2016, 8:21 pm

I just noticed, rats all got new models, except the Ghastly Rat appears to still have the old rat model. Not sure if that's intended.

On an unhappy note, the Shiny white skin for the mountain cottontail bunny is now gone. It is not shiny when it is summoned, and seems to cycle between the standard three skins when summoned - brown, white, brown and white. Though it appears golden in the pet journal.