Can't update collection

Report bugs and share your ideas to improve WarcraftPets.
Malbaratar
Pet Score:8916
Realm:Azralon-us
Can't update collection

Post by Malbaratar » June 24th, 2016, 6:25 pm

Hi!

I'm trying to update my collection, but I'm getting the following error:

"ALERT: Battle net returned a "Internal server error." error. This error must be fixed on Blizzard's end. Typically this indicates a problem with your Armory profile. You may check your Armory profile to see whether it loads properly. There is a known bug after 5.4.7 that Blizzard is currently working to address."

The thing is, my Armory page loads up just fine (can't link it here, says I haven't posted enough yet to share external links).

First time I ever get that error. Tried multiple times now, no dice. I googled it and searched on the forums here, couldn't find anyone with similar problems, unless from months and months ago, when Armory was having issues.

Does anyone have any idea what that might be?

Thanks!

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Re: Can't update collection

Post by Ranok » June 24th, 2016, 7:42 pm

Suspect that like the error hints at, something is broken on Blizzard's end and they haven't gotten it fixed yet. When warcraftpets.com uses the standard API and it doesn't work, not much they can do about it.

Wondering if any others in our community are experiencing same thing.

I can also get into your Armory profile with no problems and see your 725 unique pets (nice collection, btw!)
Last edited by Ranok on June 24th, 2016, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » June 24th, 2016, 7:53 pm

Log into your character, move different pets in and out of the Pet Journal active team slots, and then log completely out of the game. This should refresh your armory page, and the newly swapped in pets should be shown as your active team. Try re-importing your collection after you've done this.

If that doesn't work, it's likely an issue on Blizzard's end. It could resolve itself within the next few days or it might not. Let us know if you continue having problems with importing, thanks!

The temporary work-around that we recommend using is to use an alternate character's armory page to import and update your collection. The secondary character needs to be level 10 or higher, and you have to have recently logged into said toon.

Once your main character's armory is fixed, you can swap back to using that character to import your collection to WarcraftPets.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Malbaratar

Post by Malbaratar » June 25th, 2016, 11:09 am

Thank you both for your answers!

I did as suggested: tried using alternate characters (tried 2 different ones) but got the same error.

I did some digging and noticed my characters on OpenRaid aren't updating as well (and I assume it uses the same API as Warcraftpets). So I searched on WoW's official forums and found multiple people having issues with the Armory app (which, again, I assume uses the Armory API?). Anyway, it seems it's only happening to some accounts, but definitely something wrong on Blizzard's end. Hope they'll fix it soon. :(

Thanks again! :)

Reyduckman
Pet Score:5018
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Reyduckman » June 26th, 2016, 4:13 pm

Just as FYI, I am having experiencing the same issue.

Malbaratar

Post by Malbaratar » June 27th, 2016, 2:52 pm

I'm sorry to hear that! Hope Blizzards fixes this soon :(

Malbaratar

Post by Malbaratar » June 28th, 2016, 11:33 am

I noticed my Armory iPhone app started working today again, so I came to Warcraftpets and tried importing my collection again and... it worked! Hope it's fixed for everyone now :)

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » July 3rd, 2016, 10:24 am

Malbaratar wrote:I noticed my Armory iPhone app started working today again, so I came to Warcraftpets and tried importing my collection again and... it worked! Hope it's fixed for everyone now :)
Great news! Sometimes the armory plays up but nice to see its back up and running

Pygmypiranha
Pet Score:4385
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Pygmypiranha » July 6th, 2016, 12:01 am

I am currently having issues updating my collection. I have tried on several devices and different browsers. Anyone else having issues?

Mibeerlover
Top Rater
Pet Score:5677
BattleTag®:BlueOpossum#1815
Realm:Windrunner-us

Post by Mibeerlover » July 6th, 2016, 2:15 am

I'm having the issue too. Been having it all day.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 6th, 2016, 2:38 am

Quintessence wrote:Log into your character, move different pets in and out of the Pet Journal active team slots, and then log completely out of the game. This should refresh your armory page, and the newly swapped in pets should be shown as your active team. Try re-importing your collection after you've done this.

The temporary work-around that we recommend using is to use an alternate character's armory page to import and update your collection. The secondary character needs to be level 10 or higher, and you have to have recently logged into said toon.

Once your main character's armory is fixed, you can swap back to using that character to import your collection to WarcraftPets.
Try taking the steps above and see if it works for you [profile]Pygmypiranha[/profile] and [profile]Mibeerlover[/profile]. Blizzard may need to fix this issue on their end, or it may resolve itself in a day or two.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Nagini
Top Rater
Pet Score:9683
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Nagini » July 6th, 2016, 5:34 am

Looks like its an issue with the Armory, not all the pages are updating as they should. Swapping out my pets and exiting the game doesn't update anything, and i'm missing a few achievements and items on my activity feed i've gotten today.

Drycoff
Pet Score:9325
Realm:Destromath-us

Post by Drycoff » July 6th, 2016, 8:41 am

I'm on Destromath-US, and am having this issue. I'm not receiving an error, but my pets are simply not updating. I'll check the Armory to see if it has the updated information... If not, I think I will post on the BattleNet forums to ensure Blizzard is aware.

Ringo
Pet Score:13648
BattleTag®:LBY3#1502
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Ringo » July 6th, 2016, 2:40 pm

Pets aren't updating on the Armory, either.

Patricio
Pet Score:9059
BattleTag®:Zapatka#1250
Realm:Aggramar-us

Post by Patricio » July 6th, 2016, 4:14 pm

I'm having no luck with Armory updating, either...

Puresthoof
Pet Score:11672
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Puresthoof » July 6th, 2016, 4:20 pm

Looks like this must be a Blizz thing as I have tried the below suggestions and neither worked.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » July 6th, 2016, 4:36 pm

Feel free to leave a bug report in the Battle.net Website Bug Report forum section. Hopefully they'll address the issue and have a fix soon!

Pygmypiranha
Pet Score:4385
Realm:Argent Dawn-us

Post by Pygmypiranha » July 6th, 2016, 9:22 pm

Still not updating even after trying the fixes...

I think this may be an issue with the most recent patch. :(