Legion pet tamer dailies...rep required?

Discuss content found on WoW's testing realms.
Neuropathy
Top Rater
Pet Score:6696
Realm:Ursin-us
Legion pet tamer dailies...rep required?

Post by Neuropathy » June 22nd, 2016, 4:19 pm

Hello!

Does anybody know if any of the new pet tamer dailies require rep? There have been a number that just haven't popped up for me.

Thanks!
:D

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Legion pet tamer dailies...rep required?

Post by Quintessence » June 22nd, 2016, 7:21 pm

The only reputation prerequisite that I'm aware of is the one to unlock World Quests in Legion (Friendly with all of the Broken Isles factions).

There are a total of 37 possible Pet Battle World Quests. Which quests are you not seeing? And over how long a period of time have you been tracking?

I'm wondering if there are some bugs in the World Quest rotation system, and maybe a list of missing quests should be pointed out to Blizzard.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Neuropathy
Top Rater

Post by Neuropathy » June 22nd, 2016, 11:12 pm

Thanks for the reply, Quint! I'm Neutral with The Nightfallen and Valarjar. Higher with the others. I think I've been doing the dailies for about a month now, based on my Beta invite date. :D

Unseen for me so far:

Tiny Poacher, Tiny Animals Got it 6/24
It's Illid...Wait.
Rocko Needs a Shave
Jarrun's Ladder
Mana Tap
Training with the Nightwatchers Got it 6/23
Fight Night: Sir Galveston
Fight Night: Stitches Jr. Jr.
Wildlife Protection Force
Oh, Ominitron
The Master of Pets
Chopped

I have seen a number of repeats
Last edited by Neuropathy on June 24th, 2016, 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aranesh
Pet Score:7380
Realm:Lothar-eu

Post by Aranesh » June 23rd, 2016, 5:14 am

I've been following it for a bit longer and encountered some from your list (some even repeatedly). If I cross those off your list, these ones remain unseen so far:

Training with the Nightwatchers - Azsuna
Tiny Poacher, Tiny Animals - Highmountain
Wildlife Protection Force - Highmountain
It's Illid...Wait - Highmountain
Jarrun's Ladder - Stormheim
Oh, Ominitron - Stormheim
Chopped - Suramar

I added the locations as well if there's a pattern that would hint towards reputation, but it doesn't look like it. Some of the fights I've seen many times (6, 7+), but I do think this is still a rather realistic scenario of randomness. Perhaps sample size is just not big enough, yet.

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » June 23rd, 2016, 6:01 am

Checking/doing for about a month now and I am missing (Aranesh comparison):

It's Illid...Wait.
Chopped

(The Master of Pets)
Last edited by Flohsakk on July 25th, 2016, 9:24 am, edited 7 times in total.

Neuropathy
Top Rater

Post by Neuropathy » June 23rd, 2016, 12:37 pm

I knew as soon as I posted, one of the missing ones would pop up! :lol: Training with the Nightwatchers today! Whomped her with 3x Nexus Whelps, figured I might as well work on my single family battles while I'm at it ;)

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » June 23rd, 2016, 12:54 pm

Sounds like RNG is a huge factor here. Could take some longer than others to complete the achievement for the journal increase. >_<
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » June 23rd, 2016, 1:04 pm

An idea: Missives!
Sort of.

Each Class Order task would've a chance to drop a missive-alike item allowing you to pick up a pet battle quest.
Even more points if they were related to the area of the original task.

As I'm not a Legion tester, I don't consider myself meaningful. Up to you! :mrgreen:

(there may be a different source; it's just an example that's made-up quickly)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » June 23rd, 2016, 1:12 pm

Paladance wrote:An idea: Missives!
Sort of.

Each Class Order task would've a chance to drop a missive-alike item allowing you to pick up a pet battle quest.
Even more points if they were related to the area of the original task.
I think this would be a great idea for the mid to late part of the expansion! It could help some catch up with content.

I'm willing to try my luck at the very start though. Hopefully RNG will be kind ^^;

Neuropathy
Top Rater

Post by Neuropathy » June 24th, 2016, 1:21 pm

I totally understand rng and having only 3 per day when it goes live, but for beta, I wish they'd throw more of them at us so we can...you know...test them! ;) I've been diligently submitting bug reports, like when you build a decoy and it continues to make hammering noises throughout the battle. :P But we need to GET the quests to TEST the quests! :lol:

Flohsakk
Pet Score:13312
Realm:Blackhand-eu

Post by Flohsakk » June 24th, 2016, 9:01 pm

I think we have to be patient, today another one of our missing world quests showed up and there a 2 months left until Legion launches.

Of course it would be nice to see more of the tamer fights at a time (or beeing able to repeat them), we don't need to "test" the defeat/capture thingy a lot :lol: Like in last Betas I want to find reliable teams/strats for a simple defeat or 2-pet carry for most of the tamers before the expansion goes live, but that's not what Beta testing is for 8-). And there is still the "beat it with pets of family x only" where we maybe have to use stuff that causes unexpected problems we won't be able to test before launch.

For pet battle bug testing Legion Beta seem to be in a good state... with a lot of team wide AoE I only ran into a question how certain Block abilities really work, but that's it. Thinking of the Cymre Brightblade and Vesharr fights there was much more to test and fix at a later point in WoD Beta.

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » June 25th, 2016, 12:05 pm

Quintessence wrote:There are a total of 37 possible Pet Battle World Quests.
Are these listed anyplace? I'd like to start incorporating them into a couple addons but don't have a character at 110 yet.

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » June 25th, 2016, 3:04 pm

All 37 should be listed under this achievement: Battle on the Broken Isles.

I was also keeping track of the daily World Quests during Alpha, which may or may not be outdated and is probably lacking in a few quests (I think a few never popped up for me). Not sure if this will be of any use for you - I didn't keep track of HP, Power or Speed, just the pet names involved in each quest and any special buffs/gimmicks that the enemy team had.

Gello
Pet Score:9171
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Gello » June 26th, 2016, 11:52 pm

Perfect, thanks!

Neuropathy
Top Rater

Post by Neuropathy » June 27th, 2016, 5:10 pm

Today I only had 2 quests (capture stuff in Azsuna and Rats in Dalaran) which makes me continue to wonder if I'm missing something. If 3 per day is always the rule, I'm missing something. If it's 2 or 3, today is a '2' day for me. ;)

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » June 27th, 2016, 5:52 pm

Neuropathy wrote:Today I only had 2 quests (capture stuff in Azsuna and Rats in Dalaran) which makes me continue to wonder if I'm missing something. If 3 per day is always the rule, I'm missing something. If it's 2 or 3, today is a '2' day for me. ;)
I've had this happen to me too, and I never found out why. It could simply be a bug.

If you can find someone that sees 3 today, find out that particular Pet Battle quest and submit a bug report.

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » June 28th, 2016, 2:43 am

I had it a few times that normal world quests and pet battle quests are at the exact same location. Mostly the normal exclamation mark was then covering the pet battle quest. Zooming in helps to spot them.
Yesterday though I also just had the two mentioned and couldn't spot the third one. Same bug as been reported previously I guess.

Aranesh

Post by Aranesh » July 4th, 2016, 3:07 am

So we are down to 4 still missing ^^

Wildlife Protection Force
It's Illid...Wait.
Jarrun's Ladder
Chopped

Neuropathy
Top Rater

Post by Neuropathy » July 4th, 2016, 10:26 pm

@Aranesh I'm missing those 4 plus Stitches Jr Jr and Master of Pets. Getting there!

In other news, I just caught, and it actually went in my journal this time...a Fledgling Kingfeather. There are lvl 25 Eldritch Manafiends up and battleable, but they're flagged with the golden paw instead of green, so not capturable. Eldritch is the last pet I need for the ach. :geek:

Neuropathy
Top Rater

Post by Neuropathy » July 7th, 2016, 11:40 am

Got Jarrun's Ladder today, solo'd it with one Magical Crawdad (family familiar aquatic, check!) 5 more to go for Battle on the Broken Isles, though the ach is already completed, 30 required out of 37 :D