Comming back question

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Malphas
Pet Score:5677
Realm:Azralon-us
Comming back question

Post by Malphas » June 21st, 2016, 8:00 am

Hello tamers.

Im back in the game now and my question is somewhat specific and I coudn't find it here, so here it goes:

Im on my way to battling the tamers of MoP, but in all the guides I see I find that I dont have those pets at lvl25. I wish to level those pets to afterwars do power level with the remaining. So my question is: what is the best/fastest way, that don't require tamers, to power level the pets from those guides with the ones I have? ([pet]Unborn Valkyr[/pet], [pet]Anubisath Idol[/pet], [pet]Firewing[/pet], [pet]Brightpaw[/pet], [pet]Zandalari Anklerender[/pet], [pet]Pandaren Air Spirit[/pet], [pet]Ji-Kun Hatchling[/pet] and [pet]Cinder Kitten[/pet]).

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: Coming back question

Post by Paladance » June 21st, 2016, 10:40 am

Welcome here! :)

Currently there are multiple ways to level your pets:
  • If you want to go with it "as is", you can head to Pandaria -- [pet]Firewing[/pet] can handle aquatics of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, while [pet]Zandalari Anklerender[/pet] can eat some critters in Valley of the Four Winds. Use your healing abilities wisely to be able to enter multiple encounters without bandages.
  • Definitely THE fastest way (if you have already built the 3rd level of a Garrison) is getting the quest from Serr'ah where you obtain an epic stone allowing you to level a pet to 25th. This quest can be done once per character and the Alliance equivalent for Serr'ah is Lio the Lioness.
  • A daily from Kura Thunderhoof (Erris the Collector) grants you three stones that upgrade any pet's level by 1. It can be done with [pet]Anubisath Idol[/pet] + another pet depending on the group (there are five of them switching like the garrison traders). A weekly related to Draenor tamers grants you 10 of these stones, but well, you probably want to skip it.
  • A daily from menagerie grants you a random-family training stone, provided that you've expanded that place and have done a short quest chain with relatively easy encounters. Most of the time there are pets with no tamer but each 15 days there is a trainer called Squirt -- you can train your pets by her that day.
  • There is also a chance to get a +5 Stone in Tanaan, but you probably won't get here before September, when their drop may be heavily nerfed.
  • Oh, and Ashlei is a lovely young tamer located in alternate Shadowmoon Valley that besides two C-class pets has a plushie pet that can't deal damage. Probably any combination of two pets can deal with them, provided that you don't pick up a flyer as a first or Val'kyr as a finisher. :P
In Draenor you'll get Pet Charms that you can spend on more training stones. I wouldn't recommend it, however, right now, because these charms will be needed in Legion with no ways to get them so hastily.

Good luck! :) And don't hestitate to pick up a [pet]Teroclaw Hatchling[/pet] from the Talador woods.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Malphas

Post by Malphas » June 21st, 2016, 12:14 pm

Paladance wrote:Welcome here! :)

Currently there are multiple ways to level your pets:
  • If you want to go with it "as is", you can head to Pandaria -- [pet]Firewing[/pet] can handle aquatics of the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, while [pet]Zandalari Anklerender[/pet] can eat some critters in Valley of the Four Winds. Use your healing abilities wisely to be able to enter multiple encounters without bandages.
  • Definitely THE fastest way (if you have already built the 3rd level of a Garrison) is getting the quest from Serr'ah where you obtain an epic stone allowing you to level a pet to 25th. This quest can be done once per character and the Alliance equivalent for Serr'ah is Lio the Lioness.
  • A daily from Kura Thunderhoof (Erris the Collector) grants you three stones that upgrade any pet's level by 1. It can be done with [pet]Anubisath Idol[/pet] + another pet depending on the group (there are five of them switching like the garrison traders). A weekly related to Draenor tamers grants you 10 of these stones, but well, you probably want to skip it.
  • A daily from menagerie grants you a random-family training stone, provided that you've expanded that place and have done a short quest chain with relatively easy encounters. Most of the time there are pets with no tamer but each 15 days there is a trainer called Squirt -- you can train your pets by her that day.
  • There is also a chance to get a +5 Stone in Tanaan, but you probably won't get here before September, when their drop may be heavily nerfed.
  • Oh, and Ashlei is a lovely young tamer located in alternate Shadowmoon Valley that besides two C-class pets has a plushie pet that can't deal damage. Probably any combination of two pets can deal with them, provided that you don't pick up a flyer as a first or Val'kyr as a finisher. :P
In Draenor you'll get Pet Charms that you can spend on more training stones. I wouldn't recommend it, however, right now, because these charms will be needed in Legion with no ways to get them so hastily.

Good luck! :) And don't hestitate to pick up a [pet]Teroclaw Hatchling[/pet] from the Talador woods.
Thank you very much for the infos.

A question. If I decide to level some pets in Pandaria using [pet]Firewing[/pet] and [pet]Zandalari Anklerender[/pet] as you sugested, how do I make sure my carry stays alive? Because as far as Im concerned any attack from a 25 will kill it.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » June 21st, 2016, 2:40 pm

Malphas wrote:If I decide to level some pets in Pandaria using [pet]Firewing[/pet] and [pet]Zandalari Anklerender[/pet] as you sugested, how do I make sure my carry stays alive? Because as far as Im concerned any attack from a 25 will kill it.
Some people are happy just to accept the chance that their pet may die, and are ready to forfeit, heal, restart. Aquatics in Mistfall are fond of casting a heal on themselves as their first move, which is good for this purpose.

Nowadays I use a level 25 Turkey, send it in first, use [ability]Food Coma[/ability] to stun the opponent, swap in my level 1, swap it out again, and carry on. 100% foolproof.

Before I learned my Turkey trick, I used to level my pets to 5 in a city (Darnassus was my favourite) before bringing them to Pandaria. At level 5, they have enough health to take one hit. So I would spend half an hour in Darnassus levelling up a batch of 1s to 5, and then level the 5s when I was at Halfhill or Mistfall.

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » June 21st, 2016, 10:49 pm

Malphas wrote:A question. If I decide to level some pets in Pandaria using [pet]Firewing[/pet] and [pet]Zandalari Anklerender[/pet] as you sugested, how do I make sure my carry stays alive? Because as far as Im concerned any attack from a 25 will kill it.
The Marsh Fiddlers in Farmlands north of Halfhill, even the 25's, are safe against a Level 1 carry pet at least 80% of the time. Start with the carry pet because the Fiddlers almost always begin with either a heal or a mild hit with Cocoon Strike. Then switch to your Anklerender and use its Devour to heal when it destroys each of the enemy pets. Keep another strong 25 as your 3rd pet just in case.

There are lots of Marsh Fiddlers in Farmlands and I don't think I've ever had any one-shot a carry that was at least Level 3.

Malphas

Re: Comming back question

Post by Malphas » June 22nd, 2016, 7:59 am

Thanks for the infos guys.

I'll work on them.