Whos working on the 1000 wins achieve?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Myfurion
Pet Score:13667
Realm:Sargeras-us
Re: Whos working on the 1000 wins achieve?

Post by Myfurion » June 4th, 2016, 7:10 pm

Thanks :D, I've been running pretty well today and am at 847 now, but i spent over an hour against one person because we both refused to concede and had blossoming ancient healing for stupid amounts heh.

Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Logansfury » June 4th, 2016, 7:19 pm

Myfurion wrote:Thanks :D, I've been running pretty well today and am at 847 now, but i spent over an hour against one person because we both refused to concede and had blossoming ancient healing for stupid amounts heh.
I have never yet run a blossoming ancient team, im usually the guy with power/aggression teams that actually dps down the ancients. I keep wondering if I should give the comp some runs just to gain experience with it and become competant, but I dont want to find myself in marathon length games. Also its near impossible separating me from my Murkalot lol.

Myfurion

Post by Myfurion » June 4th, 2016, 7:26 pm

Yeah, I always try to go as long as possible with other heal teams ( I use blossoming ancient, terokar hatch, and frostwolf ghostpup) to try to discourage them from repeat battling me, it gets instant concedes against a lot of teams I beat. Namely, it works well cause it kills off graves, MPD, any predicatble combo team like pandaren water spirit and iron starrlette. I know a few counters to it, which are the vengeful porcupette or a well piloted jademist dancer team. Although, the vengeful porcupette really only works if i do a stupid pet at the start, I have since learned how to counter it decently well it they use it poorly.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 4th, 2016, 7:33 pm

The heal team you use sounds unique. The majority of the B Ancient teams I see recorded and referenced on the net is what I believe is called team "Healing Dream" - Blossoming Ancient, Singing Sunflower, and Magical Crawdad.

These three pets together I see referenced over and over again, the only adaptation I can think of was replacing the Crawdad with an Emerald Proto-Whelp running [ability]Emerald Dream[/ability]

I saved the lineup and moveset in my teams roster but have never once queued it lol.

Myfurion

Post by Myfurion » June 4th, 2016, 7:50 pm

Well I came to make it on my own pretty much, after seeing how prevalent graves and MPD were in a lot of AOE teams. I used terrokar hatchling already because dodge and healing that makes you elemental type on a flying type is ludicrously good, since you dodge everything except other flying while above 50%.

I started using blossoming ancient because of MPD teams, and it works against iron starlette decent if i have to wait for my hatchling to heal. It also provided a huge max health pool to both itself and the hatchling, which works well against a lot of teams that can't outdo the healing.

Frostwolf Ghostpup I put in because of the numerous graves, bone serpents, son of sethe, and various other undead people try to sneak in, plus AOE heal is OP anyway in daylight. The Ghostly bite is also useful against popular humanoid pets such as anubasith idol, ore eater / crusher, or simply as a finisher to pets at or below 690 hp.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 4th, 2016, 8:23 pm

That sounds very well thought out. The team looks more aggressive than those I referenced, so I may give it a shot just to get my blossoming ancient in the field. At this point he was nothing more in my roster than the frenzy of collecting and leveling all I could get my hands on >.<

Poor guy prob deserves some action lol

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 5th, 2016, 2:48 am

Biscuit wrote:
Myfurion wrote:I use blossoming ancient, terokar hatch, and frostwolf ghostpup
If I lost to you, I'd immediately rejoin the queue with:

P/P Emperor Crab
S/S Leopard Tree Frog
S/S Alpine Foxling

Then you'd be the one running haha
Is that a go-to teroclaw counter team or something specific to deal with all three of the pets in Myfurion's team?

The teroclaw teams ive been running into have been strong and have accounted for a lot of my losses.

Myfurion

Post by Myfurion » June 5th, 2016, 3:16 am

To be fair, I wouldn't be all to afraid of an alpine foxling or the leopard tree frog. The emperor crab would be troublesome though. Given that my ancient can reduce the foxling's damage quite a bit and heal enough to make up most the damage, You would likely rely on either the frog or the crab, but then I would swap to the hatchling which has flying moves and dodge, with the availibility of a heal that I can let tick in the background while my ghostwolf or ancient tanks.

If I wanted to specifically counter my team, I would likely run a vengeful porcupette and ramp up the speed with powerball against the ghostpup or ancient during its set up. That would make it able to counter the hatchling much better, since it would lose the speed bonus damage on its only damaging move. Add in a jademist dancer to remove weather of sunlight, and deal crazy damage to elementals to prevent my ancient from surviving or my hatchling from healing, the porcupette could easily clean up the ghostpup with strong critter moves. I suppose I could try to counter by sacrificing my ghostpup into the porcupette, but in all honesty if you had seen my team before, the 3rd pet would likely be able to deal with the ghostpup in some way so the other two could wipe up.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 5th, 2016, 5:05 am

980/1000!

So close I can taste it, and unfortunately pet battling must now take a backseat as I focus on the Darkmoon Faire and practice practice practice for my Race MiniZep! :D

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 5th, 2016, 10:33 am

Biscuit wrote: Emperor Crab
- surge is going to ruin both the tree and your bird
- buffed self heal if your sunlight is out
- shrugs off your ghostly bite

Leopard Tree Frog
- tongue lash to take out your dog
- cleansing rain to remove your sunlight AND enhance kiss/surge
- kiss would also ruin your tree and bird
- shrugs off your ghostly bite

Alpine Foxling
(you probably didn't know this since you're not worried about the fox)
- dazzling dance when used by the s/s Foxling now makes the fox and frog both faster than your bird therefore making it a dead bird lol
- flurry to take out your dog
- howl to finish off your last pet
Biscuit this breakdown of strat and team synergy is EXACTLY the kind of info on pets and teams I joined this site to see. Thank you so very much for this comprehensive explanation :)

I want to save this team to my own roster as a dedicated Teroclaw and/or Blossoming Ancient counter. I think I can deduce any moves in set you didnt specifically reference (1 or 2 at most?). Has this team any other utility you know of that I should put in its notes?

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 5th, 2016, 11:55 am

Sunlight beast buff added to team notes, Thanks again!

I started a thread here recently asking for good team advice on Baby Winston. If you have worked with that pet, please give some feedback on the other thread if youve time :)

Jesjbrown
MVP
Pet Score:4219
Realm:Garona-us

Post by Jesjbrown » June 5th, 2016, 11:57 am

Good job on your progress everyone! I got 5 more wins this morning and feel accomplished for the day. :-) I'm taking a slow and steady approach to this.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 5th, 2016, 11:59 am

Jesjbrown wrote:Good job on your progress everyone! I got 5 more wins this morning and feel accomplished for the day. :-) I'm taking a slow and steady approach to this.
5 wins a day is an excellent goal. It keeps steady progress without draining too much of your sanity :)

At a certain point, if youve the temperment for it, the desire to push past 5 will come naturally. (take my word for it >.<)

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 5th, 2016, 12:11 pm

OH JEEZ! Id say I cant believe I forgot this if I wasnt so exausted (been up all night due to Darkmoon Faire opening for business in the wee hours)

Buscuit, if youve interest and time beyond that Baby Winston thread, I have another thread going that I would absolutely love to see your input on:

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15856

Myfurion

Post by Myfurion » June 5th, 2016, 5:28 pm

The speed boost on the foxling and the frog isn't that big a deal though. again, the speed doesn't matter if they are trying to stop the blossoming ancient, and you already have surge on the crab so speed doesn't matter there. It really comes down to mind gaming the weather effects and swap ins.
For example, if i just sacrificed my dog to kill your frog, which it very easily can since it would take you at least 3 turns to kill, unless you risked using the kiss for 25% chance at RNG to screw me over rather than tongue lash, then I have critter damage at 345 per turn, with a ghostly bite for ~455. With the frog down, no more weather changer. This means that i can use the ancient to set up daytime, get a heal rolling, swap to the bird and use dodge into heal, swap back into ancient, and just stall with heal and ironbark until the elemental debuff falls off the bird. If you try to beat my ancient with foxling, the only reason for me to swap would be if you used howl, as ironbark reduces flurry damage and photsynth outheals it or keeps up with it even with the beast bonus damage.
The emperor crab P/P (1481 hp, 358 power, 211 speed) surge would be around to mess me up, but by simply letting daylight fade I could reduce the effectiveness of your healing, and each turn you use the heal, or renew shell shield / use whirlpool (I would just dodge with hatchling) my primary attack would get the secondary hit in. If the bird isn't in elemental form, it would take 4-6 hits to kill, depending on if one of the hits crit. I get 347 damage (strong) per round, + 231 If you stop to use renewing mist or shell shield. The renewing mist heals for about 140 per round non sunlight, and shell shield absorbs 95 damage per hit for the p/p crab breed. If you used shell shield first and then renewing mist, I would get 578 damage on the first round, 388 the round you use mist for an initial two turns of 966 damage( and then subtract the 140 to make that 248, and down to 826 damage). This leaves you with 207 damage taken per remaining turn on my bird, which you need to surge at least 5 times to kill from full hp. Your remaining hp at that point is 1481 - 846, or 655. You have 4 turns to live, since you would barely survive with nearly only 30 ish health. This is assuming I never crit, and your surges do not crit. I would win in that scenario.

If you just spammed surge, assuming one turn of shell shield renewal, You would take 578 on the renewal turn ( or 388 if you renewed it with one round left), and 252 damage per turn otherwise. In four turns you would again be dead. With no shell shield, 4 rounds of my attacks would leave you at near 100 hp. So you would die on the 5th round, the last round my bird could attack unless you critted one turn. Of course this assumes a few things, one, you save the crab for last, and two, that your crab is max hp and my bird is max hp as the last remaining pets of each team. I could easily deal with your foxling with my ancient, and deal 148 damage per sunlight used to the backline crab (which would probably be 2 times for 296 damage) Thus you would probably not stay in the fox, or how to force a swap / massive damage to the ancient. I would have to take somewhere around 800 to 1200 damage from the foxling in two turns, but I would have stocked near 660 healing from sunlighted photosynthesis, reducing the real damage taken by quite a bit, meaning I probably could just tank through that damage. Once the foxling dies, my ancient would be hurt due to howl, but not deal, letting me stall out until sunlight dies away. This allows you to premptivly put a shell shield and renewing mist on to counteract the damage i deal and then kill the ancient. However, I could dodge on terrokar hatchling to help reset the renewing mist and shell shield, and as we calculated above, it isn't worth reapplying since I would get an attack in with the dodge'd state for extra.
So in essence, you would have to swap to the crab for the ancient, but then I would swap to the bird. If we play swap around too much, I can heal the bird and the ancient in the backlines.

Now assume you use the foxling at the start instead, a similar situation can come about. You wouldn't use speed boost since you are already faster, and would probably swap out when the dog is in its undead form. However, considering that you would need 3 turns to kill it, because Howl -> flurry -> flurry, (since 3 flurries with 420x3 is not 1400). If i did 345 + 345+690, that would be 1380 damage, leaving your fox at 20 hp while i have the undead round. You would either have to swap to the frog before the dog dies, which would fall down to mindgaming as I could swap to the bird, or let it reach low hp. If it got down to 20 hp, then I could kill it with the ancient without much hassle, or swap to the bird since you would likely speed boost while the dog is stunned. Because the fox is now gone, the ancient and hatchling just have to stall a while until the speed boost falls, which would be your ideal time to try to kill the ancient with the frog. However, if you mess up the weather mind game or let me steal a few turns with the hatchling, I could end up outhealing the frog / crab.

This combo would be your best hope for winning, as sacrificing the crab early to the hatchling guarantees a loss. So then, it would really fall down to how badly frog kiss screwed up my ancient, as I really only need to last 9 rounds to outdo the speed boost, and if I get off a final sunlight to prevent the extra aquatic damage for the crab, the hp amounts remain the same for my hatchling while your crab would be unable to heal since my bird would threaten it on swap in. With at least one round needed to remove a sunlight, I only need to deal with 8 rounds of speed boost. Take into account that I can stall with my bird by letting it get hit once on swap in, once on use dodge, then heal, swap back, and I can reduce the number of turns needed down to 5. The initial frog kisses will be weaker, since it builds up, and drops off if you try to swap to the crab. This means I can set up a photsynth since you will have to remove the sunlight I did to finish off the foxling. This maxes out your frogs hp again since it heals for more due to sunlight then swaps back to normal hp. then ironbark spam until frog formed. I have 4 rounds until sunlight again, and 5 rounds on photosynth. If I got off say 2 ironbarks, swap to bird, dodge, heal, go back to ancient, you would 3 rounds of speed. I could now just spam ironbark until I die, as you would have to hit me at least 3 more times even with aquatic weather since photosynth healed me up while the bird was in, and the first two kisses were much weaker. If I only got off even one extra ironbark due to frog form canceling out at least some rounds, I would have dealt 666 damage. My bird, when the ancient dies to the frog, would have the ability to dodge and then attack twice. You would heal while I was unable to be attacked an regain 140~ health and set the weather to aquatic. However, due to my speed, I would kill you in the two turns anyway even with the health regained. Thus is all falls down to how often, and at what turn / pet do I get frog formed.
Finally, surge on the crab would be boosted in this scenario unless I got really lucky with RNG and got my last sunlight off as a killblow to the frog( not likely). The boosted surge would hit hard (around 270 x 1.25 I think? correct me if i am wrong on the base damage or 338 per turn if I stay out of elemental form. This would kill me in 5 rounds of surging, thus it would be your victory, as I would be unable to finish you off in time ( as long as you didn't mess up and try to shell shield or renewing mist, or worse, both)

Healing wave would be better than mist, but still not worth it to use against the bird. It wouldn't matter terribly much in these calculations since the bird would at least trade equally with it in damage

So this match up falls entirely to what pets you use and when. If you start off with the right pet against me, I lose. so in a repeat match up, we would just end up mind gaming each other on the starting pet. Of course, I can always try to start with the bird and just dodge if it isn't favorable and take a swap in when you don't attack because I am dodged. Again, mind games.

I would favor you in this match up once you played me once though

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » June 5th, 2016, 8:13 pm

^ This kind of read brings Pet Battling onto a chess-like level.

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » June 5th, 2016, 8:47 pm

2445/5000 phew..almost at the top halfway, from here on the road goes downhill. :P

Having crazy fun with my new Refuge team:

Lovebird Hatchling S/S - Alpha Strike/Lovestruck/Pheromones
Frostwolf Ghostpup P/P - Scratch/Refuge/Ghostly Bite
Frostfur Rat S/S - Flurry/Refuge/Darkness

It is a speedy team, it has coverage and synergy, lots of avoidance, a weather change, a stun, a nuke, a decoy breaker and AoE. Not an easy team to play, but once you get the hang of it, it will destroy the big bullies. :mrgreen:

And I'm getting good results with my Autumn Breeze (!) team build... ;)