PvP encounters during Pet Event

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
PvP encounters during Pet Event

Post by Paladance » April 8th, 2016, 1:20 pm

As the random PvP seems more varied during the pet event, I'd like to ask: Can you still observe that diversity? Do you take as much advantage as possible of that or do you not interfere very much? Have you noticed something interesting?

As far as I've seen, various people that I'd call a "fresh playerbase" used to bring either favourite companions, PvE teams or the most available pets (WoD and RwL drops). That's a bit hopeless, but adorable at the same time. ❤️

Myself, can't observe it right now because I keep my token to Children's Week but still I have a feeling that currently the event gets old and "survival of the fittest" has done its heartless purge. :(

And I wish they nerfed Graves faster. Freshies see it and get the unhealthy vision of the system and yet another reason to be skeptical to the current game development. :roll:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Re: PvP encounters during Pet Event

Post by Logansfury » April 9th, 2016, 12:33 am

Ive developed an addiction to surfing the net for examples of new (to me) pet team play, and then experimenting with what ive seen, possibly doing a tweak of one of the pet slots for something I think would be fun to play that fits the synergy.

I love it when we have a break from all meta and tier 1 teams back to back and can have fun with less viable pets :)

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » April 9th, 2016, 10:42 am

On the main battle.net pet battle forum, there's a thread labeled "Random Pet Battles with Dar" where Darmand takes a team suggested by a forum member, and fights 10 battles with it.

If you want to try some new teams, try some of the ones suggested in that thread. :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/18706672385
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 9th, 2016, 2:05 pm

Hey thanks for that link!

That sounds like a really fun thread to follow, lm going to check that out :)

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » April 10th, 2016, 9:12 am

Seeing tons of MPD, Graves and Bone Serpent. Definitely nothing fresh... :(
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » April 11th, 2016, 11:30 am

Vakeetah wrote:Seeing tons of MPD, Graves and Bone Serpent. Definitely nothing fresh... :(

Yeah, I went in for a few, and unlike other events, I'm not seeing anything interesting, so I'll just take my 10 wins and not bother with any more.

Birenni
MVP
Pet Score:8580
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Birenni » April 11th, 2016, 9:44 pm

Ugh, I'm trying every combo possible and in 2 hours have had ONE win. Everyone has a Graves (not me) and I'm getting my backside handed to me by lower health pets. Currently I'm trying a H/B Bile Toad, a B/B Sea Calf and a P/S Desert Spider.

I guess I'm going to try the old MPD Chrominius etc strat next, this is getting frustrating. :(

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » April 12th, 2016, 8:13 am

I haven't done the pet battles in PvP in quite a while (since before the Celestial Tournament in MoP). Having said that I threw a team together and it worked out fairly well. My team consisted of [pet]Murkidan[/pet], [pet]Graves[/pet], and a [pet]Sprite Darter Hatchling[/pet]. I opened with Murkidan and and used his Nether Gate to swap out any combo starter pet. I then proceeded to Immolate self and switch with Graves who would do hard team hitting attacks. I ran into someone who used a Graves named Sorry and two rabbits. I won the match... I actually only lost twice... well one was a draw so we both lost. I didn't even think to look up stats or teams before diving back in. All in all I'm proud of my Tiny Terrors. 8-)

Birenni
MVP
Pet Score:8580
Realm:Malygos-us

Post by Birenni » April 12th, 2016, 10:01 am

Yeah, like I said.... everyone had a Graves last night except the two that I won so... /shrug (The guy I was battling with the above combo conceded to me in the middle of it, he was actually winning so not sure what happened there)

The only other fight I saw without a Graves was when I fought someone with two other pets and a Magical Crawdad. I also had one and we brought them out after our other two pets were dead. Longest. Fight. Evar. :lol: Dps, renewing mist, wish over and over for close to 20 minutes. I finally conceded on round 185 because I had to get up for work in the morning. :roll:

This is the thing that was irking me though, his crawdad kept going twice in a row while mine never did. How is that possible and why did this fight start to remind me of the Faire battle guys? Sigh. :roll:

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » April 12th, 2016, 10:03 am

Biscuit wrote:...Wait a sec...you're "proud" of winning with a Graves team? ( o_O)
Well, yeah since I hadn't read anything about Graves being OP until I started reading the forums this morning.

I suppose in hindsight it may seem silly but the last time I played PvP it didn't go so well. So I basically gave up. Just taking a shot in the dark with a team of my own design working out was exhilarating. :)

Post by Guest » April 19th, 2016, 4:49 am

Crsuher/Stonechewer/Fragment of Anger solved any Problem with Graves. Never lost a match with those little fellas

Paladance

Post by Paladance » May 25th, 2016, 12:20 am

Birenni wrote:This is the thing that was irking me though, his crawdad kept going twice in a row while mine never did. How is that possible and why did this fight start to remind me of the Faire battle guys? Sigh. :roll:
[Image]
Quite late to that party, but: [ability]Surge[/ability] is always first. When you use it, your enemy strikes after yourself. Then you used a regular [ability]Renewing Mists[/ability] ability, so assuming that opponent was naturally faster, this time they stroke before yourself. :P

---

It's up again. Let's see.
[pet]Anubisath Idol[/pet], [pet]Chrominius[/pet], [pet]Celestial Dragon[/pet]? :roll: Lady Gri would handwave that and forfeit.

I went Clonedance (is this even a thing?) with [pet]Jademist Dancer[/pet], [pet]Blighthawk[/pet] and [pet]Terky[/pet]. Thought I'd lose, but [ability]Geyser[/ability] is very powerful when timed correctly! :) At the end, it was Blighthawk vs Chrominius, with them having [ability]Arcane Explosion[/ability], [ability]Ancient Blessing[/ability] and [ability]Surge of Power[/ability].
Poor guy. Even the last thing couldn't help.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » May 26th, 2016, 5:12 am

If you were curious who wins in fight [pet]Teroclaw Hatchling[/pet] vs [pet]Blossoming Ancient[/pet], the answer is:
None with Sunny Day, Teroclaw without Sunny Day.

But hey, I can't complain, these were only 84 rounds! :lol:

I'm NOT Broot.

Besides that, I had trash teams to the end of the quest, then immediately I was grouped with Graves. Conspiracy :!:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » May 26th, 2016, 8:16 am

I'm experimenting with the Bloss.Ancient/Vengeful porcupette combo. As a third the Teroclaw is a good one.
But instead of Photosynthesis I'm running it with Autumn Breeze. 8-)

edit: spelling (hey I'm dutch :mrgreen: )

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » May 26th, 2016, 11:04 am

I feel a Clone Dance team is still a good allround team, and for sure a strong counter against Sunlight teams.
Best overall results I'm getting with Blighthawk H/H, Jademist Dancer S/S, and Emperor Crab P/P.
Also fun to use as a third is the Left Shark, either with Tidal Wave or Dazzling Dance (both have their moments).
MPD is another option, as his Breath is strong against magic (Jademist is not). A classic third is Junglebeak P/P. ;)

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 26th, 2016, 12:21 pm

Ive always enjoyed clone dance teams and dazzling dance variants.

It seems to hold its own against non-meta synergies very well, but unfortunately the meta variants flatten it :(

Wootzy
Top Rater

Post by Wootzy » May 26th, 2016, 5:35 pm

Yes for sure, but I do have a fighting chance against the meta with Blighthawk, Jademist and Emperor.
(RNG comes into play, win the head games ect.)

Lets say it plays out like this: I start of with Blighthawk but hold Cyclone until Graves has done his two AOE attacks. Swap to Jademist and go all out. I try to leave with casting Acid Rain. Back to Blighthawk, Consume Corps, and a Cyclone waiting for incoming decoy’s. Swap to Emperor Crab now Cleansing Rain is still up. I try to keep Blighthawk alive, to heal a second time with Consume Corps and clawing my way to victory. :P