What DON'T you collect?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Twilight
Top Rater
Pet Score:1404
Realm:Hellscream-us
What DON'T you collect?

Post by Twilight » December 3rd, 2011, 8:13 pm

Are there any pets out there that you're not collecting? If so, why?

Personally, I'm not collecting the cockroach and Mr. Grubbs. They gross me out ... :oops:

Emberdione
MVP
Pet Score:11399
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Re: What DON'T you collect?

Post by Emberdione » December 3rd, 2011, 8:21 pm

I don't collect the Horde guild pets. Mostly because I so rarely play my hordies, I am not in a guild!

Ryshat
MVP
Pet Score:1960
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ryshat » December 3rd, 2011, 8:53 pm

No non-US pets ('cause I cant), no Horde pets ('cause I'm Alliance) and no Murky or Tyrael ('cause I'm poor). But Murky and Tyrael remain on my list because I am also am optimist. ;)

Breanni
Site Admin
Pet Score:1499
Realm:Scarlet Crusade-us

Post by Breanni » December 3rd, 2011, 8:54 pm

Twilight wrote:Personally, I'm not collecting the cockroach and Mr. Grubbs. They gross me out ...
Awww... but Mr. Grubbs does backflips. And who doesn't like backflips? ;-)

Dasauls
Top Rater
Pet Score:3939
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Dasauls » December 3rd, 2011, 8:56 pm

I don't collect the non-america pets or trading card pets cause I can't afford them on ebay.

Doobjanka
MVP
Pet Score:9260
BattleTag®:Doobjank#1625
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Doobjanka » December 3rd, 2011, 9:24 pm

Thanks to RNG, I don't collect the Frigid Frostling on my main!
Proudly volunteering to this website since 11/09!

Gwen
MVP
Pet Score:8349
BattleTag®:Gwenniekins#2985
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Gwen » December 3rd, 2011, 9:33 pm

I don't collect collect pets that can't be uptained in game, with the exceptions of the Blizzstore pets and a few promotional pets friends have given me.
Because soulshards are pink.

Mezcaal
Top Rater
Pet Score:6205
Realm:Moon Guard-us

Post by Mezcaal » December 3rd, 2011, 9:45 pm

On my main... I don't collect anything I know I don't have a chance of getting. Non-US, Horde, retired and such.
>> Pet Interaction Guide https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16249 <<

Rhapture
MVP
Pet Score:9806
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Rhapture » December 3rd, 2011, 10:16 pm

Doobjanka wrote:Thanks to RNG, I don't collect the Frigid Frostling on my main!
This! It's not for lack of trying though!

Valiana
Pet Score:7360
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Valiana » December 3rd, 2011, 10:20 pm

Pretty much the only pets I don't collect are the ones I cannot get. Anything outside the US and the horde only pets. I still check ebay for the TCG pets and original CE, but those are always so expensive.

Velgana
Top Rater
Pet Score:10666
Realm:Skywall-us

Post by Velgana » December 3rd, 2011, 10:32 pm

I try to collect most of them, but I usually skip out on older CE ones and some rarer loot card ones just because they are so expensive!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » December 3rd, 2011, 10:52 pm

At first I tried very hard to stay away from paying real life money for any vanity pet. Note the word "tried" :lol:

Now I'm limiting myself to no WoW CE pets (other games' CE pets are ok for some reason though :P )... but we'll see how long that lasts haha.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Cassidhe
Pet Score:851
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Cassidhe » December 3rd, 2011, 11:00 pm

I don't collect the super hard to get raiding or dungeon pets. I don't do very much of that. I might try to get them in the future but for now I'm not concentrating on them.

The really expensive pets (Tyrael, etc) are long term goals that I might get if I ever have lots of extra money, but I'm not counting on it. In general, if I CAN get it, I will do my best. If I can't, well, I'll try to put it out of my perfectionist OCD mind. :D

Sxymegger

Post by Sxymegger » December 3rd, 2011, 11:54 pm

I don't collect the Argent Tournament Alliance pets, being Horde it is very expensive and I could make an alliance alt to farm them but that just takes waaaay too much time. Or the more expensive TCG ebay pets.
I do plan to eventually get the really hard to farm pets (rep and drop) but for right now that's just too time consuming, I don't want to make the game I love into a job :(

But when I do farm... I don't stop. I spent 2 weeks straight in Outlands til I got the Nether ray fry, and a week on each whelpling I own. Not leaving the area for anything, not even dungeon queue. So you can see why I'm pushing it off, ONLY COLLECT IF IT MAKES YOU HAPPY! :3

Godspetproject
Top Rater
Pet Score:5309
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Godspetproject » December 4th, 2011, 2:14 am

Even though I have been collecting for several years I just never buy the collector editions or the blizzcon pets.

Godspetproject
Top Rater
Pet Score:5309
Realm:Kilrogg-us

Post by Godspetproject » December 4th, 2011, 7:14 am

Nakawe wrote:I do not collect any pets that require me to spend any currency other than what I have available to me in the game. No Blizzard Store pets, no TCG pets.

Edit: Forgot the 'why' part! Why? Because... I'm poor! Also, I don't believe in having to pay IRL money just to be on the same par as other collectors. It's said that some collections will never compare to others because the collector may not have the same opportunities outside of the game.
That's true but could also apply to people who don't have the gold to buy in game pets or the time to farm them in game. :D

Phaedra
Top Rater
Pet Score:7117
Realm:Gilneas-us

Post by Phaedra » December 4th, 2011, 8:58 am

I don't have the super expensive pets from several years ago: the original CE, Murky, or Tyreal. I also didn't get the SCII pet because neither I nor my husband play SC. Those pets are too expensive to justify the money I would spend on them (they are top of the list if we should win the lottery).

I am still holding out hope for the Frigid Frostling. However, I am sad that despite all my best efforts, I never got the Olympics pet from a few years back. To add salt the wound, my non-pet collecting husband ended up getting several of them. ><

Anjalie
Pet Score:10204
Realm:Zirkel des Cenarius-eu

Post by Anjalie » December 4th, 2011, 11:04 am

I'd love to have the original CE pets, but I didn't buy it at the time and now it's just so expensive! Plus the TCG pets are a bit one the expensive side, too, so maybe when I have lots of spare money ^^

ILZA
Realm:Zenedar-eu

Post by ILZA » December 4th, 2011, 11:51 am

I Don't collect TCG-pets and other pets that cost real money.