Share pet collecting news and advice.
Hobbitpolitics
Top Rater
Pet Score:4678
BattleTag®:HowPolitical#2973
Realm:Silvermoon-eu
Looking at the future of Pet Battles

Post by Hobbitpolitics » May 13th, 2016, 6:54 pm

Firstly Blizzard is doing a fine job on keeping the Pet battling aspect of the game fresh. But seeing as the world quests and the family achievements and Dala tournament will probably the only thing we get at launch, I started thinking about what could and should they add to make the Pet battling more exciting and hopefully lure more people into it. In WoD we got the Menagerie, 5 Masters, Tanaan legendaries, An Awfully Big Adventure, RWL 3 and lots of new cool pets and pet toys. In a fashion the WoD content was challenging, especially without using any guides (finding your own way to defeat content is much more rewarding) but I want to share my thoughts on what Blizz could add in Legion or future expansions for pet battles.

1. PvP Tournaments : Could be hard to setup but this could allow players to join small tournaments where maybe there could be rules for every tournament. Players could be allowed to bring in 6 pets total and fight other players for first place.

2. Pet raids? : This sounds silly, and would make for a good April Fools for blizz but similar to the Celestial tournament, there could be a content where you beat several bosses and a few "trash" pets inbetween and then for a final showdown with a big boss pet, like the Elite Four in Pokémon. Surely this would be single player as opposed to more than one player attending the raid.

3. New pet family. I was almost hoping blizz would add an eleventh family that could be neutral so that nothing would work bad against it and nothing would work well against it. With legion coming I wouldve thought it the perfect time to add something like Demon pets.

4. More pets for families with few pets. Simple we need more pets of families like Mech, Humanoid and Dragonkin, compared to Beast or Flying they have no variety.

5. More challenging pets to collect, just look at the Unborn Val'kyr, one of the better pets in the game and also one of the harder to get, and with the correct breed.

6. Lastly I know we all want this to happen but RWL 4, Icecrown Citadel, Trial of the Crusader and Ulduar

Even though these dreamy ideas seem impossible we can all hope they will do whatever they can to keep Pet battling fresh and entertaining.

If any pet enthusiasts are out there reading this, please leave your thoughts and suggestions.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: Looking at the future of Pet Battles

Post by Paladance » May 14th, 2016, 2:17 am

Halfhill was about cooking, Lorewalkers about archaeology
and I have been planning an advanced quest hub related to the pet collecting (though I'm not sure if it is technically OK).
Sadly, it is still in a stage of loose, chaotic notes. I know that you would understand this,
but no offence, I would like to start from the Blizz forums first so I need to make it well!

I also have a shorter adventure made on quite repetitive basis. :) But I have already felt a bit distracted.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » May 14th, 2016, 10:30 am

I would like to be able to have more than 1 pet out at once. Also, I would like to be able to modify my pets more - color changes, collars, special effects, pet dances - so some place to grind items for this would be nice.

I too would love more raiding with leashes and pet raids. I would also like a place to get the world pet tamer pets such as pixiebell. I wouldn't mind quest chains involving dungeons or old raids to get some of these.

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » May 17th, 2016, 11:16 am

I have all of my ideas listed here: http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15638

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/