Question about Conflagrate.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us
Question about Conflagrate.

Post by Notamonk » December 20th, 2012, 12:24 pm

When this ability calculated the damage that is going to be done, does it include other pets burn abilities or does it just calculate the burn damage done by the pet casting Conflagrate?

I was going to make a team of Phoenix Hatchling, Dark Phoenix Hatchling, and Fetish Shaman.

What my plan was going to be was x3 Immolate and then x2 Conflagrate from the two Phoenix's and do most of my damage like that.. do you guys think that would work or would you recommend something else? Right now my team is Lucky Quillen Cub, Phoenix Hatchling, and Fetish Shaman (All level 9).

Notamonk
Pet Score:833
Realm:Firetree-us

Re: Question about Conflagrate.

Post by Notamonk » December 20th, 2012, 1:59 pm

Yea I was kind of worried about that; but it seems like it would be able to put out allot of damage and fast too.

What kind of comps are other people running? Are there any lists of preferred pet teams and why? Would definitely make it allot easier then scanning through every single pet trying to come up with different combos! lol

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 20th, 2012, 2:05 pm

Don't forget that for each pet swap, you lose a turn. Yes, conflagrate will deal double damage on burning pets, but if you need 2 roudns (swap + conflagrate) to deal it, it's just as if you had done 2 normal attacks with any other pets.

If you want to do something in those lines, get a Tiny Snowman and two Kun Lai Runts. Keep Blizzard up and abuse of Deep Freeze. At least you'll be stunning your opponent, making him lose a turn as well. Deep Freeze damage is pretty awesome too, and the two Runts have another ability that deals extra damage if target is stunned, so depending if the other guy tends to swap pets when stunned or not, you can either swap too and stun his next pet again, or keep your Runt there and deal very high damage. ;)

Suspiro
Top Rater
Pet Score:4140
BattleTag®:Loni#1589
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Suspiro » December 20th, 2012, 2:09 pm

Currently using:

Lil' Deathwing: Tail Sweep, Call Darkness, Elementium Bolt
Ghostly Skull (H/P): Death Coil, Spectral Strike, Ghostly Bite
Anodized Robo Cub (H/P): Demolish, Repair, Supercharge

I wanted to create a synergy around Darkness weather effect that wouldn't become totally useless if the effect was overridden. This particular comp tends to be weak against Flayer Fledglings due to being able to reflect Elementium Bolt. (NOTE: I don't want that nerfed. I think it's cool to be able to reflect end-of-turn abilities.)