Whos working on the 1000 wins achieve?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu
Re: Whos working on the 1000 wins achieve?

Post by Gráinne » April 15th, 2016, 9:35 pm

Logansfury wrote:the last 130 really should feel like theyre going fast now that youve completed so many.
I'm at 810-820 but I really have to force myself to keep going.

I went into the queue at the last event, and had Graves and the Evil Undead (feat. MPD) as my first 6 battles. I know that's not representative, and I can compete with those kinds of teams, but it just killed my resolve.

I'll get there eventually.

Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Logansfury » April 16th, 2016, 2:31 am

Gráinne wrote:
Logansfury wrote:the last 130 really should feel like theyre going fast now that youve completed so many.
I'm at 810-820 but I really have to force myself to keep going.

I went into the queue at the last event, and had Graves and the Evil Undead (feat. MPD) as my first 6 battles. I know that's not representative, and I can compete with those kinds of teams, but it just killed my resolve.

I'll get there eventually.
My attitude at this point is sticking to my guns in preference to fun teams that I enjoy playing. As soon as I run into my first back to back Graves/MPD/any then I swap to the best counter teams ive been able to find or que my own meta team.

I usually just continue to que with this long enough to round off my total wins at 5 or 0 then move on to something else inworld and come back to que later with the hopes of running into non-metas to compete against with my non-metas.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 21st, 2016, 5:07 am

403/1000 and the ques dried up on me.

Hows everyone else's progress?

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 1st, 2016, 4:24 am

Halfway!

500/1000 looks good on the achieve tracker. All downhill from here - until the 5K achieve lights up in my journal and I have an aneurism or however that spells itself.

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » May 5th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Wow - that's a lot of pet battles :shock: . I haven't tried pvp pet battles yet - not sure if I can do it :| . I guess I don't want to be always on the losing end :lol:

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 5th, 2016, 10:01 pm

Africanleopard wrote:Wow - that's a lot of pet battles :shock: . I haven't tried pvp pet battles yet - not sure if I can do it :| . I guess I don't want to be always on the losing end :lol:
If you do a bit of research first you can que for your first pet battle ready to win - with a little RNG.

Spend some time on youtube looking at Discodoggy and HirusPetBattles sites for team and strat ideas. Be aware what the meta is and how to counter it. Download a few pet battle addons that add to your GUI and give you previews of your opponents possible movesets and cooldowns so you can make more informed choices on your attacks.

Just doing the above will put you miles ahead of anyone else just jumping into the game with any team of personal favorite pets that have no real synergy (which is how most of us started)

Digem
MVP
Pet Score:13800
Realm:Fizzcrank-us

Post by Digem » May 6th, 2016, 10:16 am

Logansfury wrote:There may be a 5K kill achieve reward, no one has confirmed that yet, I dont think.

Those two achieves listed above are both 1K kill achieves but they can be done simultaneously by always battling with a full team of lvl 25 pets. :)
No there isn't except for the achievement for 5k pet wins unfortunately. I got mine 2 years ago this summer. At least one gets xp for doing the pvp pet battles I leveled 4 toons to 90 doing it.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 11th, 2016, 8:23 pm

Digem wrote:No there isn't except for the achievement for 5k pet wins unfortunately. I got mine 2 years ago this summer. At least one gets xp for doing the pvp pet battles I leveled 4 toons to 90 doing it.
That is a shame. Blizz should have taken the time to craft a material reward for 5K kills. Thats real work.

So im at 567/1000.

The ques are sparse in my region, wait times are really long, and Graves/MPD/x are prevelant, as well as Graves/FoA/x, Graves/Fossilized Hatchling/x and Graves/Weebomb/x

all in all pretty brutal. Looking forward to 4K more wins after this about as much as I look forward to sawing my own face off >.<

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » May 12th, 2016, 5:53 am

One of those "I'll do this at the end of the expac" things for me... that I always put off by rediscovering archy or something :lol:

Maybe this time round. Maybe!

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 12th, 2016, 9:59 am

But Rioriel it is the end of the xpac.

We need another excuse FAST!

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » May 12th, 2016, 10:47 am

Logansfury wrote:But Rioriel it is the end of the xpac.

We need another excuse FAST!
I haven't got flying yet... and haven't finished BRF legendary-chain bit. Not the end for me yet :lol: And then there's this level 90 boost to use... and... and ummm... ARGH

*queues*

Ergroka71
Pet Score:6599
BattleTag®:Groka#1958
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Ergroka71 » May 12th, 2016, 4:28 pm

I'm currently sitting at 930/1000 for the two quests. I recently rolled a new toon that I am leveling primarily by pet battle (wild and PvP)/trainer battle/trainer quests (no professions, non pet related quests, instances, but some exploration xp and mob kills are unavoidable). This is affording me the opportunity to try pet teams that I ordinarily wouldn't use, such as my current test team of Whiskers, Willy, and Curious Wolvar Pup (since Children's Week recently ended). Overall, it's a much slower leveling process, but one that's so much fun. It also allows me to level extra pets from my bank alts, albeit at a much slower rate that taking them to Pandaria/Draenor as carry pets. To answer your question, yes I am bored waiting for the release of Legion.

Foresttnymph
Pet Score:13128
Realm:Cairne-us

Post by Foresttnymph » May 12th, 2016, 5:18 pm

ive got 500 each of the pvp pet battle achievements of the 1000 just hoping blizz don't come out with a 2000 pet battle achievement :P

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 12th, 2016, 5:22 pm

Foresttnymph wrote:ive got 500 each of the pvp pet battle achievements of the 1000 just hoping blizz don't come out with a 2000 pet battle achievement :P
Nymph maybe you should sit down...

While there is no 2K win achieve, completing your 1000 wins achieve unlocks the 5000 win achieve.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 14th, 2016, 2:34 pm

600/1000

wait time between ques and people afking and running full timers every move is gettin brutal lol

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 26th, 2016, 12:55 am

675/1000

hospital stay put a kink in my battling, but I came back strong with a 22-2 night!

Wootzy
Top Rater
Pet Score:5165
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Wootzy » May 26th, 2016, 7:42 am

Angelcat2887 wrote:
Logansfury wrote:
Angelcat2887 wrote:do the 1k and 5k achivs have any kind of reward?
Deadly Pet Brawler awards the title of "Trainer"

Grand Master Pet Brawler has no reward >.<

wow that just seems like really bad planning, no reward for 5k, you would think they would put a pet reward just to make us go keep fighting to get it lol. maybe they will add something to it in the next one, well hes hoping anyway
+1
I'm at 2300 at the moment. The Trainer title wasn't too bad :mrgreen: but without any reward, not even a well deserved title, what's the point in grinding 5000 wins, I ask myself? :?

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 26th, 2016, 12:26 pm

Wootzy wrote:I'm at 2300 at the moment. The Trainer title wasn't too bad :mrgreen: but without any reward, not even a well deserved title, what's the point in grinding 5000 wins, I ask myself? :?
Couldnt agree more. The achieve seems to be just a benchmark of note for the players that enjoy time pet battling over other aspects of the game. Such a huge, significant step in victory and nothing beyond achieve credit is just brutal.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » May 26th, 2016, 4:52 pm

Wootzy wrote:The Trainer title wasn't too bad :mrgreen:
Dear GOD! If this is "not too bad", what could be bad? :P

I have 60 left of the 1000, and I aim to get them done, or nearly, this week while the queue is still moving fast. The danger is that I may chew my own arm off first to distract myself. :) If I keep up the 77% win rate (stats courtesy of the new Rematch) I need about 80 more matches, at 5 minutes queue plus match each = 6+ hours. I can do it. Can't I? ...

I can categorise the teams I'm seeing as

a) 40% Graves and the Evil Undead (feat. MPD). A significant fraction have obviously read up a bit on PvP, but have no practice playing it. Majority played decently though.Two heavy Undead + MPD, or three Undead. I'm having fun with Willy against the Evil Undead - I do love when he stuns them first move and I imagine the other player going WTF?? - but I have to keep him far far away from MPDs.

b) 30% Discodoggy teams. I suspect his "WoD Teams" page has taken some hits recently. Spotted Done Did Kid, Rich Girls, Kovokination, Frothy Bold Mice (or the other one? :)), Ginsu Brothers, Dreadful Memories, Dreadfuller, one of the Ricks with a Consume Corpse Kid - I detest that Consume Corpse Haunt; I still say it's a bug.

c) 10% interesting teams I don't recognise. Lot of Elementals - Lil' Rag, Sproutling, Molten Corgi. I'd have thought Son of Sethe, Ruby Droplet and Bone Serpent is an unlikely combination, but I saw it very well calculated today. I lost one to "my own" team of Moth, Fox, Crab. Nicely done!

d) 10% PvE players' teams. When you see a PWS, Chrominius and Idol cominatcha you just want to chat across the screen and give some advice. I really want to throw the matches to some of these, and I often do, but not this week. Sorry guys. But please don't show up to a PvP match with a Green pet!
Last edited by Gráinne on May 26th, 2016, 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.