a dupe or not?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us
a dupe or not?

Post by Jazeel » May 6th, 2016, 10:50 pm

OK, i saw a TCG pet for sale for 40k in trade, one of the three most rare, so it was way to cheap at today's insane prices, i was in party at the time with a collector from another realm, asked if she had it and as she didn't i told seller i would buy it. Went to SW( i was on my good twin at the time), the seller was there but the pet was traded to me by another toon, both lvl 1, both without a guild, so i learnt pet, went back to garrison, my friend came over went to trade it to her, got a message i had never seen before, "ONLY OWNER OF CODE MAY TRADE THIS ITEM". The item and pet work perfectly for me so i gave my friend my already levelled up version.I am just a little concerned there is a new form of duping going on, and would warn everyone to be careful of non AH offers that are way to cheap. last time this pet was on my server it was going for over200k.

Moneypenny
Top Rater
Pet Score:12117
BattleTag®:Msbehavin#1399
Realm:Jubei'Thos-us

Re: a dupe or not?

Post by Moneypenny » May 7th, 2016, 4:38 am

thanks for the warning i shall tell my pet mates
http://www.best-signatures.com/]Image

Chubbyzombie
Pet Score:7799
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Chubbyzombie » May 11th, 2016, 12:27 pm

This may be just a conspiracy, but I saw someone selling 10+ TCG pets on a low pop for the price of 2-3 of them. It seemed too good to be true and I figured he could put it on the AH, plus I was short on gold that day.

Flow
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Flow » May 11th, 2016, 2:43 pm

In EU, golds sellers have be clearing out pets on old accounts lately, like they did back in MoP. There's a small wave. I have seen the exact the same advertisements for pets/price on several different realms.

May I ask which pet it was? Tcg pets arent connected to an account, and neither is the code, afaik.