starting battles

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Jimpugh
starting battles

Post by Jimpugh » December 19th, 2012, 10:12 pm

when i right click on the the available animal all that happens I get told that the battle failed. I watched the little how to videao and did everything they said. Even went out and found different animals and levels of animals and I can get one to battle. Please help.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Re: starting battles

Post by Gromagrim » December 20th, 2012, 5:06 am

Hello Jim,

A few checks to make; Press 'P' and check you've got batte pets trained, if not, go see the trainer in Stormwind or Orgrimmar (guards will point the way).

If you've done this, check your pet tab. There's no hotkey, but it's the image of a horse on your quicklinks bar. It also has a mounts page, so make sure you're in the pets tab. Is there a pet shown in the top of the three slots? If not, drag one from the list on the left.

One final check - does the icon for the pet have a big red X across it? If so, that pets dead and needs healing, click the bandaged cat icon on the top right of the pet screen.

If it's none of the above, it may just be a bug (I also experienced a similar bug at one point). Logging off and back on should do it, if not, you'll need to make a support ticket

Catalytic
Pet Score:4337
BattleTag®:Lyrics#1788
Realm:Greymane-us

Post by Catalytic » December 20th, 2012, 8:57 am

Shift-P should open the mounts/pets window, just click on the Pets tab at the bottom to see your battle pets

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 20th, 2012, 12:26 pm

Catalytic wrote:Shift-P should open the mounts/pets window, just click on the Pets tab at the bottom to see your battle pets
THERE'S A SHORTCUT KEY FOR THAT PANNEL??
Soooo good to know! Thanks Catalytic! :D

Eviver
Pet Score:5244
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Post by Eviver » December 20th, 2012, 2:08 pm

noticed that you were level 20 if you are on a trial account you can't do PvE pet battles