Children's Week

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Children's Week

Post by Paladance » May 3rd, 2016, 1:54 am

Just remindin' :)

Some years ago Breanni has posted [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/guides/pets/guide-to-childrens-week]that fantastic guide[/url] :)
(My neighbor was swearing pretty 10 minutes that he couldn't complete the quest; then I figured out that he was watching Kekek guide having Roo himself…)

What are you going to get this year? I'll probably go for all remaining pets except Willy, that I'll keep for my Veteran Nanny.

Probably I won't go through these battlegrounds unless my guildies were serious. But I don't think so. :F

I have another story, but still waiting for the blue CS thread to tell that. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Shaderun
Pet Score:4794
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Children's Week

Post by Shaderun » May 3rd, 2016, 8:58 am

Got my Curious Wolvar Pup and Curious Oracle Hatchling last night!

Fantee
Top Rater
Pet Score:3518
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Fantee » May 3rd, 2016, 9:31 am

It's possible to get all pet's in just one year?

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » May 3rd, 2016, 10:04 am

Fantee wrote:It's possible to get all pet's in just one year?
You will at least need 4 characters above level 15 for the Azeroth pets, 4 characters above level 60 for the Outland pets and 2 characters above level 70 for the Northrend pets.

I suggest you set the hearthstone location to your factions shrine for quicker travel unless you are a mage or have a level 3 garrison on you character. ;)

Keep in mind that the Azeroth and Outland pets can be traded on the AH.
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Morazor
Pet Score:8852
Realm:Nemesis-eu

Post by Morazor » May 4th, 2016, 9:23 am

I'll try to get the pets I miss, yesterday I did the 3 chain quests with my main... in the next days I'll do them with alts too.

I don't like this event. If I wasn't into pet collecting I would skip it completely.
WoW events are not the pinnacle of gameplay... just lots of grindy stuff usually, like running around opening eggs or flying around looking for elders. Besides that, I feel like the theme of children's week may be a touchy subject and should deserve a deeper approach.

Well anyway, I'm nearly at the 600 unique pets achiemevent... so let's carry on :D

Fantee
Top Rater
Pet Score:3518
Realm:Goldrinn-us

Post by Fantee » May 4th, 2016, 9:33 am

Thanks!

I get all 4 pets of Azeroth and 3 of Outland yesterday.

Now there are only 3.

Is it worth doing some extra to try to sell on the Auction House later?

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » May 4th, 2016, 5:35 pm

Fantee wrote:Is it worth doing some extra to try to sell on the Auction House later?
Depends on your realm I'd say. From what I've observed on the realms I usually play on, [pet]Legs[/pet] seems to be the money maker. :mrgreen:

www.piratez.cc

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » May 5th, 2016, 2:37 pm

Fel Petal can dye the orphans.

I have known about the other visual enhancers, but not about that one.

W-what have I done. *sob*

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Logansfury » May 5th, 2016, 9:01 pm

If anyone is unaware the tooltip for [pet]Curious Wolvar Pup[/pet] and [pet]Curious Oracle Hatchling[/pet] is in error.

Seeing 1/3 collected on mine I went to Northrend and redid the Kekek line expecting a second wolvar pup. Had to go thru the whole questline and wait out a GM ticket to hear that these are actually unique pets >.<

So for anyone thinking dual-curious teams or AH sales, think again and dont waste your time in Northrend!

Sarajiel

Post by Sarajiel » May 6th, 2016, 2:52 am

Depending on realm economy and the state of your own collection the Northrend questline might still be interesting for the loot bag that contains Flawless Battle-Stone and pet treats. On my main's realm those stones sell for over 10k gold atm. ;)

www.piratez.cc

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » May 6th, 2016, 6:41 am

Logansfury wrote:If anyone is unaware the tooltip for [pet]Curious Wolvar Pup[/pet] and [pet]Curious Oracle Hatchling[/pet] is in error.

Seeing 1/3 collected on mine I went to Northrend and redid the Kekek line expecting a second wolvar pup. Had to go thru the whole questline and wait out a GM ticket to hear that these are actually unique pets >.<

So for anyone thinking dual-curious teams or AH sales, think again and dont waste your time in Northrend!
I know they were not cageable - I have 3 of the pup still in my pet journal (had loads more but released), and I had tons of the other one - I purged to only one. I am running out of room hence I did this. I will see if this "accidental 3/3" will allow me to make a team of 3 pets....

I have so many of the children's week pets I am only doing it for the pet bags....Except for the Outland one - veteran Nanny is still a cool quest to get on all my toons [I know its shared now, but I am a completionist] ;)

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 6th, 2016, 7:18 am

Ive been playing 2+ mains since Vanilla, if there was a way to have grandfathered in having more than 1 of oracle or wolvar it seems I certainly should have had more than one of each of these in my journal. Im puzzled lol.

Leopard I would really be interested to know if you can make a multi-pup team, please post back with the results of that test!

Pob
Top Rater
Pet Score:11193
Realm:Ravencrest-eu

Post by Pob » May 6th, 2016, 10:09 am

Sarajiel wrote:Depending on realm economy and the state of your own collection the Northrend questline might still be interesting for the loot bag that contains Flawless Battle-Stone and pet treats. On my main's realm those stones sell for over 10k gold atm. ;)
This is the only reason I am doing these quests again this year, in between TW queues. Not sure whether to sell the stones yet or save them for Legion as gold isn't really an issue this xpac.

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » May 6th, 2016, 7:18 pm

Logansfury wrote:Ive been playing 2+ mains since Vanilla, if there was a way to have grandfathered in having more than 1 of oracle or wolvar it seems I certainly should have had more than one of each of these in my journal. Im puzzled lol.

Leopard I would really be interested to know if you can make a multi-pup team, please post back with the results of that test!
Yes - I was able to create a team of 3 wolvar pups....

Don't know how to upload the image though. I don't use photo sharing sites or the cloud. I have been around since the dawn of PCs so I know to limit what I put out there.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 6th, 2016, 7:24 pm

Africanleopard wrote:Yes - I was able to create a team of 3 wolvar pups....

Don't know how to upload the image though. I don't use photo sharing sites or the cloud. I have been around since the dawn of PCs so I know to limit what I put out there.
Thats all right, I believe you without the screenshot :)