Graves...FINALLY!!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Cyberninja
MVP
Pet Score:11058
Realm:Dragonblight-us
Graves...FINALLY!!!

Post by Cyberninja » April 24th, 2016, 8:25 pm

Thank you to whoever posted a while back about using Leoric with his rez ability to grind through Heroes of the Storm without actually having to 100% engage in actually playing that crap. Oh how i hate that game...using Leoric with an XP boost, it still took me between 20-25 hours to get to level 20. HOTS is the lamest, worst, most boooooring game i have ever played. And I've played a lot of games. I have 2 gaming PCs, Xbox One, Wii, WiiU, Dreamcast, Genesis, Saturn, Playstation...you get the idea. HOTS is so bad, that even though i got Graves today, i have to write this from the insane asylum because i still went nuts after playing it for so long...lol

This is how the day went:
1) Started HOTS at level 18 this morning. After another grueling 5 hours i finally hit level 20. Woot :(
2) Immediately switch to Warcraft to verify i have Graves.
3) Back to gaming PC #1 - delete Heroes of the Storm
4) Back to gaming PC #2 - delete Heroes of the Storm
5) Men in white suits kick my door down, straight jacket me and deliver me to my new "home"

Anyway, here's the condensed recipe for getting Graves:
Step #1: download the horror that is Heroes of the Storm
Step #2: Use one of the free heroes and start a game
Step #3: Go into battle, hit a couple buttons, die immediately with the thought of "what the hell just happened?"
Step #4: Repeat step 3 until the battle ends and you are left wondering "when the hell does the fun start in this dumb game?"
Step #5: Repeat steps 2-4 until you go slightly mad
Step #6: Tell yourself "I've had enough of this @#$%! and buy Leoric for $10 plus a $4.00 stimpack for extra XP
Step #7: Park Leoric at the very base of the enemy and have him auto attack the structures around him. What's that you say? You can't get through the barriers? Not so...once he dies, his "ghost" can go thru the enemies gates. So just get him behind their main gates and have him do his thing. Just make sure he stays on the attack because like a ****wit, sometimes once he destroys something, he just stands there until the game auto kicks you.
Step #8: Keep using Leoric and repeat steps 2-4 until the cows come home. Next month.
Step #9: Hit level 20, quadruple check that you have Graves in WoW, then delete this smoldering bucket of puss from your computer before it rots it from the inside out!
Step #10: Try not to go insane like I did and end up in the Looney Bin!

Thanks Blizz! Could you have made it any more excruciating to get a battle pet? I mean 20-25 hours of total lameness, and $10 for Leoric, plus another $8 for 2 stimpacks! Hell, I would rather of just paid them $50! On the bright side though, Graves is pretty freaking sweet ;)

Shaderun
Pet Score:4794
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Re: Graves...FINALLY!!!

Post by Shaderun » April 25th, 2016, 12:35 pm

Congrats!

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » April 25th, 2016, 1:54 pm

Congratulations on the achievement xD

Sazalla
Top Rater
Pet Score:13660
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Sazalla » April 25th, 2016, 2:23 pm

You give me hope that it's actually possible. I may just try it again..... ::sobs::

A little over halfway there... level 13 and I'm definitely among the "go mad" crowd. Oh how i hate thee, HOTS! But the Leoric method is definitely working and I'm getting there. I was 7 when I started.
Last edited by Sazalla on May 1st, 2016, 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Qindorf
Pet Score:8553
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Qindorf » April 25th, 2016, 8:03 pm

Grats on the new pet.

I just got him a couple of days ago. I would like to offer an alternate strategy on how to level to 20 and get Graves.

1. Start the game and in options set to play in a window.
2. Pick one of the free characters to play.
3. Start a training game.
4. Play wow or go afk for 15-20 minutes.
5. Come back and start a new game, repeat until level 20.

You can change the free character once you hit level 5 and collect the gold reward for hitting level 5.

I did it this way and have 12,750 gold to use if I ever decide to play again.

Remember at level 10 you will get a free 7 day stim pack.

Good luck to those who still need this pet!

Cyberninja
MVP
Pet Score:11058
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Cyberninja » April 26th, 2016, 5:58 am

The key phrase there is "...if I ever decide to play again". I myself already decided exactly 60 seconds after getting Graves when I deleted HOTS off of BOTH of my computers! Lol Wish I could give my 10,000 gold to someone else because I know for a fact I will never play that crap again! I'd sooner be water boarded while watching reruns of the Golden Girls :(

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » April 26th, 2016, 7:49 am

I feel genuinely trolled. Wowhead, dare you!

http://www.wowhead.com/news=252618#murlocs-the-next-generation

I demand an apology for that! I've read it that way I thought that we need to accomplish a task in HotS to complete that thing! :evil:

But don't worry, this is a normal in-game quest. :) I know that they meant the abilities but calling Murky HotS-esque is a kind of unfortunate, eh?

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Sarajiel
Pet Score:5538
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Sarajiel » April 27th, 2016, 7:49 am

Qindorf wrote:Grats on the new pet.

I just got him a couple of days ago. I would like to offer an alternate strategy on how to level to 20 and get Graves.

1. Start the game and in options set to play in a window.
2. Pick one of the free characters to play.
3. Start a training game.
4. Play wow or go afk for 15-20 minutes.
5. Come back and start a new game, repeat until level 20.

You can change the free character once you hit level 5 and collect the gold reward for hitting level 5.

[...]

Remember at level 10 you will get a free 7 day stim pack.
You can also queue together with someone on your friend-list to get another additional 50% XP bonus that stacks with the stim pack!

Just park your heros between the core and the inner gates and AFK together. Since your AI mates will have a harder time now matches will usually last a bit longer (ca. 30min) and give even more XP. Some of the AFK training matches I played yielded over 400k XP. :mrgreen:
Sarajiel's dose of nerd culture...

www.piratez.cc

The next novel will be out Soon™

Noxiish
Pet Score:8643
Realm:Garrosh-us

Post by Noxiish » April 27th, 2016, 9:50 am

Ahh, congrats! Graves is an absolute pain in the rear, putting it politely. Also, really glad Leoric is still being a 'bro', was kinda worried he'd get nerfed in some way eventually.

For the above, only issue with the training games is that you get a lot more exp per round using Leoric in 'Vs AI' games, since he's actively hitting structures and the core. Training games let you go AFK completely, but takes longer to hit 20 since they give a lot less exp.

Sazalla
Top Rater
Pet Score:13660
Realm:Feathermoon-us

Post by Sazalla » May 5th, 2016, 1:54 am

PATOOIE! I followed Cyberninja's advice to tha letter and now am the proud owner of a Graves. Boy that was sooooo very boring. Then my video card died halfway through and I had to play on my daughter's computer which while nice is not quite like mine :D Still it's nice to get that one step closer to total pet ownage! Thanks for the tips about Leoric and the stimpack or I think I'd have gone entirely looney instead of just halfway there.

Saz the troll