WOOT! 100% Rare collection!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us
WOOT! 100% Rare collection!

Post by Logansfury » April 16th, 2016, 1:39 am

Another goal hit! 716 unique pets, 716 rares :)

Now for a huge grind: 273 pets still ranging from lvl 3-24 to max out.

Too bad Squirt day at the garrison is already passed.

Sunborne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5096
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: WOOT! 100% Rare collection!

Post by Sunborne » April 16th, 2016, 2:21 am

Congrats!

For the leveling, there are strats where you can bring a carry pet along with you, and for a Ashlei you can even bring two. That really helps the leveling process go much faster. I love using Lil' Deathwing for Ashlei instead of MPD.

Take a look at Jerebear's thread here. He goes into extreme details for each tamer with carries.

http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 16th, 2016, 2:40 am

Thank you Sunborne,

This is the second time ive heard reference here to Lil' Deathwing for Ashley. I had been using the [ability]Life Exchange[/ability] strat with [pet]Nether Faerie Dragon[/pet] to powerlevel two lvl 1 pets at Ashley every evening but having just bought my own Deathwing I really need to get on that. I think ill edit my Rematch preferences for Ashley before hitting her tonight.

I generally do the Pandaren Circuit every day. (tele to shrine, fly to spirit, fly to spirit, tele to shrine, fly to Aki, fly to Nishi, fly to Mo'ruk, fly to Spirit, fly to Spirit, fly to Yon, hearth to garrison)

reup on my buff foods then hit every Draenor trainer except for Brightblade. I havent found a strat for her thats reliable enough to bother with.

Ill see if Jerebear has anything to say about Brightblade at that thread you provided.

Billyray
Realm:Blade's Edge-us

Post by Billyray » April 16th, 2016, 3:32 am

Logansfury wrote:
Too bad Squirt day at the garrison is already passed.
Congrats! and Squirt will be up doing pet week in May lol.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 16th, 2016, 5:03 am

TY Billyray.

Did a few hours work. Im concentrating on bringing up my average pet level so I used Rematch to sort my Queue in ascending order and let it automate tonights process. I have it configured to prompt autoload for all the trainers with levelling pets automatically assigned, which made cruising from trainer to trainer a breeze.

2 more pets maxed, average level up 0.2 to 21.1, and now no pets under lvl 11 left to maximize.

Should take many weeks but im really interested to see what I can do with my site and realm ranking by maxing out my journal.

Sunborne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5096
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Sunborne » April 16th, 2016, 8:15 pm

Logansfury wrote:Thank you Sunborne,

This is the second time ive heard reference here to Lil' Deathwing for Ashley. I had been using the [ability]Life Exchange[/ability] strat with [pet]Nether Faerie Dragon[/pet] to powerlevel two lvl 1 pets at Ashley every evening but having just bought my own Deathwing I really need to get on that. I think ill edit my Rematch preferences for Ashley before hitting her tonight.

I'm sure there are a few rotations that can be used for Lil' Deathwing, the one I use is level 1 safe and I cannot say for sure if I stumbled onto something original or not, I've just figured it out myself by battling her everyday to level my collection lol.

I start off with Lil' DW first and cast Elementium bolt, then Roll and Tail sweep. The elekk plushie will come out and this is where to bring in your carries. Bring in the first and then the second, then swap Lil' DW back in and cast roll. The plushie will come back in so Tail Sweep twice and then Roll again.

At this point two things can happen when you cast Roll. It can crit and you kill the plushie. I haven't had that happen often but it is possible. No matter what happens, your next move should be to cast Elementium Bolt. If the plushie is still alive do Roll one more time and kill it.

Tally comes in either way, do Tail Sweep and the bolt should stun/kill it.

If you were unlucky and a crit killed the plushie too early Tally might still be alive with low hp and stunned from the Elementium Bolt, enough that one of your level 1 carries should be able to attack and kill it.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 16th, 2016, 8:18 pm

thank you for the strat :)

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 17th, 2016, 7:31 am

This is going in baby steps.

6 more pets maxed and nothing but rare 14-20's to complete levelling.
Got my average pet level up to 21.2 (+0.1 gain lol)
Inching ever so slowly now up the score ladder. 4175 now (4 pt gain from last check)

Trying to discipline myself to dedicating an hour a day to grabbing booster treats and grinding the aquatics outside shrine.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » April 17th, 2016, 9:38 am

Congrats! When I first started collecting wild pets, I'd grind and grind and grind just to find a rare version of each, then move on to the next zone. So satisfying. Well done! Impressive collection :mrgreen:

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 17th, 2016, 10:42 am

Hello Rioriel,

I imperfectly remem the introduction of pet battles when stones either didnt exist yet or were much less easy to come by. All those hours just to finally find that blue PP emperor crab...

Thanks for the compliment on the pets. Im hitting eBay when I can and trying to make the collection special with additions of some of the pets I neglected to collect during their time over the years. I am stunned to see 4 digit prices on pets :shock:

My collection will never be what Id truly like but im having fun with what I can afford.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » April 17th, 2016, 12:50 pm

Congrats! It's such a good feeling isn't it? :D
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 17th, 2016, 6:04 pm

Mehetabel wrote:Congrats! It's such a good feeling isn't it? :D
Yes this site puts a lot more steam into collecting enthusiasm than the ingame perks. I was stunned when I checked my standing and saw I was in my servers top 10. There sure wasnt anything inworld to give me any indication id accomplished anything.

Seeing my progress tracked here is a gas!

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » April 20th, 2016, 11:40 am

Congratulations!!! lots of time and effort to spend on that one hopefully legion will bring many more to join your team :D