Scored Lil' Deathwing!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us
Scored Lil' Deathwing!!

Post by Logansfury » April 7th, 2016, 6:07 pm

Figured it was a long-shot, but I actually found a brand new condition, factory sealed Cataclysm collectors edition on eBay!

The freaking thing came from Hawaii, where it was undoubtedly having a better life than anyone I know, and I dont know how to feel about that, but ive got it here in the states now and ive already upgraded my existing Cata on my main acct to Collector's Edition status and claimed my lil' deathwing from the mailbox.

He looks awesome! Great timing with Sign of the Critter buff active, im off to powerlevel him to 25 right now. Should take about 5 mins XD

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Re: Scored Lil' Deathwing!!

Post by Madja » April 7th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Nice one! :D Luckily Cataclysm collector's are still relatively cheap compared to the previous CEs. Better get them now before they get even rarer xD
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » April 8th, 2016, 4:31 am

I bought the BC CE right after Cata came out. I'm afraid to see how much it's going for now!
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » April 8th, 2016, 5:19 am

Dakaf wrote:I bought the BC CE right after Cata came out. I'm afraid to see how much it's going for now!
A fair few shiny coins....I'll leave it at that xD

I had to close my eyes when I hit buy it now on Ebay because if I didn;t see it...I didn't spend it..right? I'm sure that's how it works :P

I did the same with the vanilla CE too, however I can't find a price on Wrath that I'm willing to pay for it. Which is really sad because I missed out on that at the midnight launch :( they sold out. Only CE I'm missing

Sunborne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5096
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Sunborne » April 8th, 2016, 7:16 am

Congrats! Lil' Deathwing is one of my favorites. To this day if I use him in a pvp match my opponents will sometimes forfeit. He is also excellent at soloing Ashlei with two carries.

Trece
Pet Score:13682
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Trece » April 8th, 2016, 2:12 pm

That is awesome congrats! Yeah I'm eyeballing the CE's on ebay as well but the prices make me want to cry LOL

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 9th, 2016, 1:21 am

Sunborne wrote:Congrats! Lil' Deathwing is one of my favorites. To this day if I use him in a pvp match my opponents will sometimes forfeit. He is also excellent at soloing Ashlei with two carries.
Thank you :)

Ill have to try him on Ashlei, I had been using [pet]Nether Faerie Dragon[/pet] with the Life Exchange solo strat, but of course, any excuse to use the new pet lol

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Post by Dakaf » April 9th, 2016, 3:36 am

Azaelia wrote: I did the same with the vanilla CE too, however I can't find a price on Wrath that I'm willing to pay for it. Which is really sad because I missed out on that at the midnight launch :( they sold out. Only CE I'm missing
Wow, I don't have the vanilla CE. I just can't justify the 3k plus for 3 pets. Maybe if i start playing the lottery and win though. :lol:
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Sursum
Top Rater

Post by Sursum » April 9th, 2016, 6:14 am

Congratz to Lil' Deathwing! :D

May I ask how much you payed for it?

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » April 9th, 2016, 1:59 pm

I got the best price avail at the time: $50.00 US.

Shipping from Hawaii to the mainland is what hurt: $25.75 for standard USPS >.<

It came quickly though. I bought it on a Sat morning, hadda wait out the weekend for seller to ship it on following Monday, and it arrived early Thurs afternoon.

The item was actually listed as "Price reduced: $50 OBO" so seller had probably been asking at least 60-75 bucks previously. I considered offering him $40, but it was the only sealed one under $100 - and being watched by 3 other potential buyers. I didnt want to take the chance of losing that pet code to someone else over 10 measly dollars so I just paid out full price and started basking in the certainty that I owned the pet and would have it soon!

Theres lots of CEs for sale that have already been opened and had their codes used, so the pet and account upgrade option is GONE and they are only selling the physical goodies (art book, interview and soundtrack DVDs, mousepad and some TCG cards) anyone shopping at eBay should be very careful to read the details of any CEs for sale there and make sure gamecode is still unused as part of the deal.

Yazhi
MVP

Post by Yazhi » April 10th, 2016, 5:31 am

Dakaf wrote:
Azaelia wrote: I did the same with the vanilla CE too, however I can't find a price on Wrath that I'm willing to pay for it. Which is really sad because I missed out on that at the midnight launch :( they sold out. Only CE I'm missing
Wow, I don't have the vanilla CE. I just can't justify the 3k plus for 3 pets. Maybe if i start playing the lottery and win though. :lol:
It's actually not that bad now (it's still ridiculous price if you think about it) But there was an ebayer last year selling about 300GBP I believe myself and Mehetabel bought it (apologies if wrong or spelled incorrectly going off memory here!)

I've actually seen it for a similar price on WOWtcgloot.com as well.

But yeah....that's an awful lot of money....but I do love myself a panda xD

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » April 10th, 2016, 7:57 am

Azaelia wrote: It's actually not that bad now (it's still ridiculous price if you think about it) But there was an ebayer last year selling about 300GBP I believe myself and Mehetabel bought it (apologies if wrong or spelled incorrectly going off memory here!)
I personally paid €365 for mine a few months ago. They're still around for that price (code only though - the box is easily €200 on its own).
It's way more than I'd want to pay, but I'd been looking for the pets for years and I just needed to be able to stop worrying about them xD
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Yazhi
MVP

Post by Yazhi » April 10th, 2016, 2:14 pm

Madja wrote:
Azaelia wrote: It's actually not that bad now (it's still ridiculous price if you think about it) But there was an ebayer last year selling about 300GBP I believe myself and Mehetabel bought it (apologies if wrong or spelled incorrectly going off memory here!)
I personally paid €365 for mine a few months ago. They're still around for that price (code only though - the box is easily €200 on its own).
It's way more than I'd want to pay, but I'd been looking for the pets for years and I just needed to be able to stop worrying about them xD
I really want to do that for Wrath CE, however I just got a new job and have to move to the other side of the country find a house and buy EVERYTHING. So I'm going to be pretty poor for the foreseeable future :( My BF would kill me (quite rightfully) if I tried to spend money on pixels atm...

Hard times!

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » April 12th, 2016, 9:28 am

Congrats! :D
Azaelia wrote:It's actually not that bad now (it's still ridiculous price if you think about it) But there was an ebayer last year selling about 300GBP I believe myself and Mehetabel bought it (apologies if wrong or spelled incorrectly going off memory here!)
Yup, and I'm still chuffed with that deal! :D
Logansfury wrote:The freaking thing came from Hawaii, where it was undoubtedly having a better life than anyone I know, and I dont know how to feel about that
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420