Thoughts on epic pets with stats

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Darkmaster
Top Rater
Pet Score:5191
Realm:Quel'dorei-us
Thoughts on epic pets with stats

Post by Darkmaster » April 2nd, 2016, 3:12 am

So reading about the possibility of epic pets with new stats I think it would be cool. But the point where if you upgrade and get a bad stat you cant change that. I feel that this would be a good feature if we were able to get stat stones from battles, but you can only get these stones if you are using a team of epic pets that allow you to change the stat if its bad on one of your upgraded pets because who wants to go farm another raid drop pet or if its a pet you can only have one of you are screwed like a Graves, guild pets, ....ect. They have stat changing trinkets for followers don't think it would be that hard for pets. Just wondering everyone's thoughts on this?

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Re: Thoughts on epic pets with stats

Post by Graven » April 2nd, 2016, 6:45 am

Who wants to tell him? :twisted: :lol:

Sunborne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5096
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Sunborne » April 2nd, 2016, 7:14 am

Graven wrote:Who wants to tell him? :twisted: :lol:

I'll ask the same question that my husband asked me about Hearthstone: The MMO when I showed him the joke. "What if Blizzard pulled the ultimate April Fools joke on the playerbase and released blogs about actual product updates intentionally on April 1st because most wouldn't think it's real only to find out later it is." Think about that with stat stones :P

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » April 2nd, 2016, 1:04 pm

I'm going to guess that you enjoyed our [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/epic-pet-battle-stats-post-legion-follow-up/]April Fool's[/url], and want to discuss the general concept of adding additional stats to pets -- correct?

New stats added via stone upgrade would need A LOT of thought and testing. How many new stats would be implemented? How will they impact PVE/PVP? What effects/animations would they give, if any at all?

If it's not purely cosmetic, there could be some balancing issues. One stat would likely become most preferred for battle, just like a pet, strat or team becomes the 'go-to' for most. Blizzard would need to tread very carefully to avoid making an "OP" new stat.

In the end, I kind of see problems with this, similar to issues that we ran into with epic pet battlestone upgrades.

If you don't add X new fourth stat, you just won't be competitive or keep up in battles. That means upgrading your entire collection with a specific stat...and others have already mentioned (in epic battlestone discussion threads) how that method of upgrading doesn't sound appealing.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » April 3rd, 2016, 8:41 am

Currently healing abilities, save the humanoid passive, other percentages and hibernation, are quite RNGy and confusing for someone who witnesses them first time. I'd rather have some of them stationary and some not, with detailed descriptions, just like it's currently with the attacks.

There would be a build where your healing performance doesn't depend on your power, but on the receiver's regeneration -- I can imagine that jellies, earthworms and lizards have more regenerative properties than the other creatures.
Sadly this isn't a thing that works well with the pure numbers as it requires an artificial "medium value" -- a thing not defined within the other stats.

These joke notes are so confusing! :lol:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507