Hard hitting critters?

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Adrenalin
Realm:Blackmoore-eu
Hard hitting critters?

Post by Adrenalin » March 27th, 2016, 3:40 am

Are there any good (pvp) pets with strong critter attacks? Searching thru the top rankings and beyond (also separated by types), I couldn't find a high-rated pet with strong critter attacks. Since there is a lot of undead stuff running around, I find this kinda imbalanced, unless I overlooked something.

Thanks in advance.

Jahra
Pet Score:1854
Realm:Lethon-us

Re: Hard hitting critters?

Post by Jahra » March 27th, 2016, 5:36 am

The Red Cricket. 371 strength. He has a nuke, a heal, and cocoon strike.

You have to raise your rep. to best friends with Sho on the Tillers farm in Pandaria to get him. Well worth the grind, amazing critter. Mine's named Jiminy.

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » March 27th, 2016, 9:25 am

Adrenalin wrote:Are there any good (pvp) pets with strong critter attacks? Searching thru the top rankings and beyond (also separated by types), I couldn't find a high-rated pet with strong critter attacks. Since there is a lot of undead stuff running around, I find this kinda imbalanced, unless I overlooked something.

Thanks in advance.
Something else you can do if you have the teams addon Rematch is the following search:

Set the Strong vs bar to Undead (Critter attacks are strong vs undead)
In the search bar type: power>324

That will list out all your strongest pets with critter attacks.
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » March 31st, 2016, 2:48 pm

I have had good luck with rabbits/hares in pvp with flurry dodge and burrow. I have also had good luck with mice.

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » March 31st, 2016, 10:17 pm

I had a triple frog team that had P/P frogs, that saw a few forfeits by Graves teams. Frogs have 2 critter attacks with Swarm and Tongue Lash, and undead damage is weak vs Aquatic pets. Plus, they have a heal which is rare among critters.

But the mentioned Red Cricket is a great choice, if you want huge critter power, and the heal is insane, because of the power, but it is kind of squishy, to offset the power.
mykro9#1585

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » April 1st, 2016, 11:24 am

Frogs are the only true undead counters indeed. Just be careful with the weather effect of [ability]Mudslide[/ability], if they have one.

I often see a [pet]Frostwolf Ghostpup[/pet] as a part of the preparations -- the strongest all-group heal ([ability]Haunting Song[/ability]), solid Critter damage and an undead round aswell have their advantages. Other features are situational, but not too silly.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507