Finally All my pets are rare!!!! - Pet Charm Question

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Melanis
Pet Score:9245
Realm:Zul'jin-us
Finally All my pets are rare!!!! - Pet Charm Question

Post by Melanis » March 30th, 2016, 4:45 pm

I don't know what I want to do with pet charms now.....I feel like I should save them, What is everyone else up to with them atm?

Sunborne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5096
Realm:Madoran-us

Re: Finally All my pets are rare!!!! - Pet Charm Question

Post by Sunborne » March 30th, 2016, 7:11 pm

First of all let me say Congrats! I know what a haul that is. If you already have all of your pets at 25 and rare I would start collecting them for Legion since (thankfully) they will still be our currency. If you still have some to level you could also use them to help get your collection leveled up faster besides waiting for Squirt or carries with trainers.

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » March 31st, 2016, 5:05 am

Indeed Congratulations! That's a long trip.

It took me so long to get my pets all Rare 25 with the right breeds, and it was often tiring and sometimes frustrating, but it was a great journey, and I miss it.

Once you have everything levelled and stoned, you will find that new Charms just accumulate on their own even if you just do a few garrison battles now and then. You can save them up for Legion, with 100 or so new pets. I imagine there won't be much levelling, but Blue Stones will come in handy.

I think I overdid it:
and I feel like an American Survivalist with 2 years of food stored underground. :)

Melanis

Post by Melanis » March 31st, 2016, 6:12 am

Your picture makes me think that new pet items are going to cost ALOT lol. I think I'll also hit full 25 next week with the pet bonus. I'm actually a bit concerned with what I'm going to do in my spare, no pet time.

Any suggestions on what you did when you "finished" your pets?

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » March 31st, 2016, 7:40 am

No, I don't currently think that new pet items are going to cost a lot, but during the recent proposal to provide Epic upgrade stones, that certainly seemed a possibility. Now I expect that my stones will simply remain a storage problem. :P

When I did my final roster cull and reshaping, I considered what Breed I wanted for each species - or what Breeds I wanted for sets of species sharing a moveset - and I extended my collecting days that way. Sadly, I finished that as well, so now I have nothing left to do except the occasional Garrison battle or grudging PvP foray.

Melanis

Post by Melanis » March 31st, 2016, 8:51 am

I tried to keep that in mind as I made my collection. With combat effectiveness in mind I caught or sought out each and ever pet in my collection. I think all told out of the 700+ I might have 10 or so with "lazy breeds" that I will end up fixing later like you said.

I see a lot of people culling off all their duplicates as well, you think that is just for making the collection look nice? I personally don't think I could settle for just 1 breed of every pet.

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » March 31st, 2016, 9:33 am

Melanis wrote:I see a lot of people culling off all their duplicates as well, you think that is just for making the collection look nice? I personally don't think I could settle for just 1 breed of every pet.
People may have different reasons.

I started my cull when I was above 900 pets and could see myself running out of room as I headed towards the limit.

Once I set myself up to analyse my roster, I realised I had many pets that I was never going to use in their current breeds. What use is a B/B [pet]Scalded Basilisk Hatchling[/pet]? I did not want to make the effort to level and stone such cases, so the cull was natural, if painful.

I certainly do still keep some duplicate species, and even duplicate breeds. Some are merely stored for trade. Some are the workhorses of the pet battle world, like [pet]Anubisath Idol[/pet] and [pet]Pandaren Water Spirit[/pet]; I keep copies of those because they were useful in, for example, the Celestial Tournament. I keep duplicates of some flyers in H/* and P/* breeds because I've never quite worked out which I prefer. :P

Right now, my spreadsheet says that I have 829 Blue 25s, with 96 of those being duplicate species but with different breeds. I like having both an S/S and P/P [pet]Ore Eater[/pet], for example. I'm comfortable with that ratio, though I could cull some more if I had to.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » March 31st, 2016, 10:11 am

Gráinne wrote:I think I overdid it:
and I feel like an American Survivalist with 2 years of food stored underground. :)
I fear to think a bit how much bandages do you have…
I'd have had a similar collection if I hadn't started to use some things just because I no longer care. Though I've got 600+ universal yellow stones aswell!

That gives me a feeling that you have over 2,5k bandages for sure. I don't even remember how much I do have. :mrgreen:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » March 31st, 2016, 12:24 pm

At the moment, I have :
- 250 of each buff food.
- +-10k charms.
- between 50 => 250 bandage for every toon.

I'm planning before legion, to have : 20k charms + 400 stone +1 lvl of each family and 400-600 neutral.

Depending if the price of the items at the garrison vendor will change, I'll spend most of them in blues stones / lvling stones / buff... etc, before the 7.0. If the prices remain the same, I'll just keep the charms. I'll be prepared !

Gráinne

Post by Gráinne » April 3rd, 2016, 5:19 am

Neolarva wrote:At the moment, I have :
- 250 of each buff food.
- +-10k charms.
- between 50 => 250 bandage for every toon.

I'm planning before legion, to have : 20k charms + 400 stone +1 lvl of each family and 400-600 neutral.
Thank you! I don't feel quite so extreme now. :)

But 20K Charms? There are about 100 pets coming. At 15 Charms per Blue stone, 1.5K Charms would rarify everything, and you surely won't have to rarify everything. After that, we're looking at a total of +2.4K levels even if you stone everything from level 1 (and you won't start everything at level 1, and you will surely do some normal levelling). So I don't see how you could use more than ~4K Charms.

And we'll probably have 2 years of Legion to incorporate those 100 pets, so I'm not too worried. Mind you, the Epic Stone price, when it was suggested, did give me a moment's shock. :)
Paladance wrote:That gives me a feeling that you have over 2,5k bandages for sure.
I have exactly 1,308 :P I stopped keeping them quite a while ago.

Melanis

Post by Melanis » April 3rd, 2016, 5:32 am

Some of those numbers seem extreme when you look at them now. I suspect that I will take a more laid back mindset to pets for a few months once I am done most of this work. Just collect and store for a bit as well. I don't know if I'll get anywhere close to 20k charms stored, but atm I'm almost up to 600, after not spending them for just a few days so you never really know.

I appreciate all the discussion here and invite other to talk about thier post collection experience and plans for legion, Its really nice to see all these different perspectives!!

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » April 3rd, 2016, 9:35 am

Congrats on all rare pets. I too am slowly saving up charms along with stones to level and blueify my pets next expansion. Though I am not as crazy as some of you.

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » April 3rd, 2016, 12:21 pm

Gráinne wrote:[But 20K Charms? There are about 100 pets coming. At 15 Charms per Blue stone, 1.5K Charms would rarify everything, and you surely won't have to rarify everything. After that, we're looking at a total of +2.4K levels even if you stone everything from level 1 (and you won't start everything at level 1, and you will surely do some normal levelling). So I don't see how you could use more than ~4K Charms.
You are absolutly right, I most likely won't need as much charms (blue stones / lvling stones). But, the pet charms rewards from WoD will be nerf (garrison and tamers). The pet charms will still be the main pet currencie. A few pets will be add on a seller for a few charms. imo, with 2-3k charms, I can blue / lvl 25 / buy all the pets I need (I will still do a few tamers)

But, atm I've 26 toons lvl 100, with garrison lvl 3 and pet menagerie. It would be a shame not to use them after all it cost in both time / gold. I don't have a lot to do beside that, it helps keep me busy. And charms will never be lost, even if I lvl with tamers +-20 and finish with stones, it will be helpfull for the future pets coming during all legion. For trading / selling too.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » April 4th, 2016, 12:57 am

I guess, so, that four pets for Pet Charms also will be more valuable until the new content becomes well-explored? 8)

Saying that, is a 1000 Charms enough solely for the next expansion?
If I don't purchase these pets, I spend them on the big Pet Treats and blue stones, but will stop that when I reach 40 of each.

Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us

Post by Logansfury » April 4th, 2016, 10:20 pm

Congratulations! Im working on upgrading my last 50 greens now.

Melanis

Post by Melanis » April 8th, 2016, 7:34 am

*Update*

And now they are all 25. I'm almost sad to be done :'(

Paladance

Post by Paladance » April 8th, 2016, 12:47 pm

Melanis wrote:*Update*

And now they are all 25. I'm almost sad to be done :'(
You can always collect some freshies for gifts/trade and level them too. ^^

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » April 10th, 2016, 3:30 am

On my server xmog is a waste of time to sell to earn gold, and even though I have a lot of lvl 100's (18) to crank out gold via missions, I still use pets to sell on the AH to make gold to buy gametime tokens. So, I use my charms to lvl popular pets to 25, since those sell better. I still have like 1400 charms, though. But I am finding it harder and harder to even stay subbed even though it is 'free' with tokens. I have an alt that gets all my training stones, so it doesn't take up any space on a lvl 100 toon, and one lvl 100 that holds all the charms, to buy whatever I need off the vendor.
mykro9#1585

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » April 10th, 2016, 5:29 am

Wow you guys are crazy with the amount of work and effort that's been put in!!!

I've done a couple of dailies the past few days trying to get some easy levels over the pet weekend. However I have just had 4 wisdom teeth removed a couple of days ago and in a lot of pain xD

Great work anyways guys, I'll catch up slowly but surely ;)