Levelling up: Account-wide quests

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Levelling up: Account-wide quests

Post by Paladance » March 24th, 2016, 3:00 am

Does anyone know an up-to-date list of all pet battle quests which can be completed between the characters?
I've seen some NPCs but these posts/comments were back in Pandaria.

On a side note: LF EU Alliance mage being in the mood to create a portal to Shrine :oops:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Auryona
MVP
Pet Score:5343
Realm:Tichondrius-us

Re: Levelling up: Account-wide quests

Post by Auryona » March 24th, 2016, 12:50 pm

Assuming you are asking which Pet Battle quests are account wide, the short answer is "all of them except Menagerie and Tanaan".

The list of possible Pet Battle quests, including once-per-account quests, can be found in Wowhead's Pet Battle quests filter: http://www.wowhead.com/quests=7.-394#0+2+1

Since your post refers specifically to leveling, you may be interested just in the repeatable Daily quests, which can be viewed using the same list above with the "Daily" filter applied: http://www.wowhead.com/quests=7.-394?filter=cr=27;crs=1;crv=0

There's also the weekly Draenor roundup quest "[url=http://www.wowhead.com/quest=40329/battle-pet-tamers-warlords]Battle Pet Tamers: Warlords[/url]" but that requires at least level 90 to pick up so it may not be useful for your lower level chars.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » March 24th, 2016, 2:33 pm

I can find it true only in a part.

I've just done the Mayor Payne daily and while it can be completed on another characters, it needs them to actually visit the tamer. Audrey Burnhep can't help me either.

It seems that I need only the quests that can be completed without a direct contact.

Auryona
MVP

Post by Auryona » March 24th, 2016, 2:51 pm

Ah, you wanted the list of quests that are Click to Complete, and not turned it at the Tamer? In that case, the list remains unchanged from Pandaria.

There are only 5 tamers with "Click to Complete" quests that can be turned in anywhere:

Old McDonald
Eric Davidson
Lindsay
Bill Buckler
Dagra the Fierce

All other quests require turn-in at the quest giver, though many of those NPCs are at locations safe for a level 1.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » March 24th, 2016, 3:07 pm

Well, thanks.

In regards to the elixir, these quests and pet battles aside, I guess that picking up a dozen or so quests from the levelling area is still better than completing BoF + Pandaren Spirit quests?

Though the latter ones can be completed daily and the greatest fights themselves give some EXP too…

The character ATM is 62 by the way.

Auryona
MVP

Post by Auryona » March 29th, 2016, 1:55 pm

If you're using the EXP elixirs, it really depends on whether you're prioritizing speed or efficiency. That is, do you want to use as few elixirs as possible and take a while to hit 100, or do you want to hit 100 as fast as possible and it's fine to use multiple elixirs?

If it's the former, then I'd recommend putting your lowbie in your faction's Vale of Eternal Blossoms hub. Do the "Click to Complete" tamer quests, Beasts of Fable and the PvP weekly on your other chars, then turn them in on your lowbie. I'd also suggest getting the Darkmoon Faire buff on your lowbie as well - if you are only logging into the char to do the quest turnins, the 1-hour extra exp/rep buff can go a long way.

If it's the latter, then at-level quests are indeed the way to go. Pick a big quest hub, do all the quests, then pop the elixir before you turn them all in. Dungeon quests usually have big exp rewards too, so if you can use an elixir prior to turning those in that can award a lot of exp. Once you're 90+, the bonus objectives in each zone are incredible for using an elixir. Work on all the bonus objectives such that you're just 1 mob away from completing it, then use an elixir and go finish all the objectives.

Sunborne
Top Rater
Pet Score:5096
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Sunborne » March 29th, 2016, 10:49 pm

My question is slightly off topic but it does relate to account-wide quests. Did anyone else get a bug today for the 10 level up stones where you could complete it twice? I accepted it on an Alliance character, then changed over to do my Horde menagerie dailies and logged back over to Alliance and completed it, got my 10 stones. And it immediately popped back up and could be completed again for another 10 stones.

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » March 30th, 2016, 12:53 am

Sunborne wrote:My question is slightly off topic but it does relate to account-wide quests. Did anyone else get a bug today for the 10 level up stones where you could complete it twice? I accepted it on an Alliance character, then changed over to do my Horde menagerie dailies and logged back over to Alliance and completed it, got my 10 stones. And it immediately popped back up and could be completed again for another 10 stones.
That quest is and has been buggy as hell. The only surefire way to complete it is to take one toon and go and fight the tamer in each Draenor zone. But, I have fought Kura in the horde garrison ONE time on one toon and gotten it to complete, I have done fought Kura on one toon and another toons shows 1/5, I have fought Ashlei on say Wednesday on a toon and come back on that same toon with 0/5 on Thursday. Whatever is in the coding, it is very screwy. I have lvl 1 toons camped in SMV, Spires, Talador, and Nagrand, and when I feel like it and remember, fly a toon to Garga in FrF. Gorgrond is too much of a headache to complete, and you cannot camp a lowbie there at all, so I skip it each week.

I should probably figure out all the Tanaan pets I can camp lowbies at and save the flying to get all my lvl 100's each pet each day for bags.

Hmmm. I could camp 11 toons per realm at say Defiled Earth in Tanaan and save a LOT of time, once I got all of them flown to the location.
mykro9#1585

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Post by Mykro9 » March 30th, 2016, 1:05 am

As to the OP, are you trying to lvl your toon fast and safe? I take any toon I want to lvl and park them at No-No. There are 7 golden civets there, in VERY close walking distance to each other and ZERO threat of roaming mobs to kill you, only a mild threat of being ganked on a PvP server, and by the time you have battled the 7th civet, the first has already respawned. I have used an elixir there, and though the 15 min one doesn't last long enough to do a lot of good, you could still get through close to a lvl or more just doing pet battles on those 7 in that time. I use Chi-Chi, with Alpha Strike,Tranquility and Ethereal, and never need bandages, and bring along popular pets to sell on the AH to lvl up to 25 as I lvl the toon.
mykro9#1585

Paladance

Post by Paladance » March 31st, 2016, 4:33 am

Thank you for your responses. Due to the recent server issues I'm focused more on the usual daily activities to ensure I do them in time. :lol:

Will go with the Shrine, I think. :)