No Time to Heal in the 6.2.3 game

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Logansfury
Top Rater
Pet Score:4755
Realm:Korialstrasz-us
No Time to Heal in the 6.2.3 game

Post by Logansfury » March 11th, 2016, 12:12 am

Good Evening,

Im going to go for NTTH and have been doing some research around the net. Most info seems to be from 2013-15.

Has anyone done this more recently and have any advice to accomplishing this in the current meta-game?

Thx for reading
Last edited by Logansfury on March 11th, 2016, 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asclepius
Top Rater
Pet Score:5054
BattleTag®:Asclepius#1550
Realm:Black Dragonflight-us

Re: No Time to Heal in the 6.2.2 game

Post by Asclepius » March 11th, 2016, 1:21 am

it's been a while since i have done it. i think the best right now is to use a little scare tactics. Probably like a Graves/MPD/Magical Crawdad Team. If you play conservative you can get some wins and then you might get a few forfeits. Rotate Graves in just for his AOE and try to use Wish as much as possible to keep yourself topped up. If a team has a big hit move then use the MPD and Decoy with a Thunderbolt for the added AOE.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » March 11th, 2016, 1:38 am

Asclepius wrote:it's been a while since i have done it. i think the best right now is to use a little scare tactics. Probably like a Graves/MPD/Magical Crawdad Team. If you play conservative you can get some wins and then you might get a few forfeits. Rotate Graves in just for his AOE and try to use Wish as much as possible to keep yourself topped up. If a team has a big hit move then use the MPD and Decoy with a Thunderbolt for the added AOE.
That sounds like an excellent way to go and ive the roster for that team. Thanks!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Re: No Time to Heal in the 6.2.3 game

Post by Paladance » March 11th, 2016, 2:32 am

What for a player without Graves?

I've once got to 4/5 with avoidance rabbit+elver stuff (yes, someone forfeited) but I lacked a healing support. Can't decide if should it have been AoE mending or [ability]Wish[/ability]?

This still doesn't resolve the problem: what if I meet that Blossoming Ancient team? D:

It's 6.2.3 by the way! :)

PS I wonder what if I just named pets No Time, To Heal and Please? :roll:

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » March 11th, 2016, 4:33 am

Paladance wrote:PS I wonder what if I just named pets No Time, To Heal and Please? :roll:

Thats hilarious, you should go for it :D

I need to pay better attn. If I could figure out how to change the thread name to 6.2.3 I would.

I ran with the Graves team suggested for about 30-45 mins, not really long enough to give it a fair shot, and only managed 2/5 at best. I ran into a blossoming ancient team that tore me up so I proptly stopped and went out and did my evening's power level on my own lvl 1 ancient. Hes now 25 and ready to contribute but of course im starting green (forgive the pun) with no experience using him.

My experince with the ancient team is making me think of tweaking Asclepius' suggested setup to replace the wish pet with a team heal pet. Im thinking running Stinker the Skunk with Perk Up and Bleat?

I do want to give this a real effort over at least a few days before I break down and use the team/cheat with a friend suggestion.

Anyone else have advice for a player with a deep battle pets roster and "intermediate" battle skill?

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » March 11th, 2016, 4:34 am

Asclepius wrote:it's been a while since i have done it. i think the best right now is to use a little scare tactics. Probably like a Graves/MPD/Magical Crawdad Team. If you play conservative you can get some wins and then you might get a few forfeits.
True. Best way to get this achievement is to use a meta-team that's always going to win unless you're unfortunate enough to get an opponent with one of the anti-meta teams. Doesn't seem like you'd really feel like you'd achieved something.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » March 11th, 2016, 7:16 am

SUCCESS!!!

I used a team of 2x death adder hatchling w/Stinker doing medic duty. Won 4 in a row then there was a long wait. I figured the same opponent was composing an anti-snake team of mechs so I put together a team of elementals. I was correct. 2 rounds into the match he forfeited and I got my achieve.

No meta team used, I think I accomplished something :)

Paladance

Post by Paladance » March 11th, 2016, 10:31 am

Congratulations! :)

Just FYI: Stinker's [ability]Bleat[/ability] restores 258 health.
Frostwolf Ghostpup's [ability]Haunting Song[/ability] restores 276 health. (Both on 4R CD)

To change the topic's name, just edit the subject of your first post. 8-)

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » March 11th, 2016, 3:45 pm

Paladance wrote:Congratulations! :)

Just FYI: Stinker's [ability]Bleat[/ability] restores 258 health.
Frostwolf Ghostpup's [ability]Haunting Song[/ability] restores 276 health. (Both on 4R CD)

To change the topic's name, just edit the subject of your first post. 8-)
Tyvm :)

Id tried first post edit last night but something was buggy with my browser and it wasnt working.

To be honest, I hadnt considered the pup. I was going super conserative and using Perk Up along with Bleat

Yesterday was pretty productive. Scored Hogs pet from DMF and got NTTH out of the way!

Paladance

Post by Paladance » March 11th, 2016, 3:59 pm

Great! :) I've got a Darkmoon Cannon on two characters today.

I've gone that rabbit + elver team with ghostpup as a third and probably met the same guy all the time; two times there were triple Weebominations (won the first match, the second one was also won by walkover); then Graves/MPD/Bone Serpent team (there I lost due to Ghostpup not being able to stall).

And my usual anti-AoE team also doesn't have other heals at all and is very vulnerable to non-MPD Mechs, so /shrug

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » March 11th, 2016, 8:57 pm

Logansfury wrote:SUCCESS!!!

I used a team of 2x death adder hatchling w/Stinker doing medic duty. Won 4 in a row then there was a long wait. I figured the same opponent was composing an anti-snake team of mechs so I put together a team of elementals. I was correct. 2 rounds into the match he forfeited and I got my achieve.
Congratulations! Nice work with the head-game. :)

I got mine by accident, courtesy of a bot. At least, I think it was a bot - three Weebs that did NOTHING other than Cleave, five matches in a row. After getting them twice with whatever team I was using, I whipped up some sure-fire Weebkiller and was lucky enough to get them three more times. It's a tough one in general.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » March 13th, 2016, 6:01 am

Gráinne wrote:Congratulations! Nice work with the head-game. :)
Tyvm :)

accidental achieves are a great game perk!

Paladance

Post by Paladance » March 17th, 2016, 1:18 am

Went recently the "watered plants" team (Sunflower + Turnip + Puddle), but put [ability]Sunlight[/ability] on the Turnip instead of the [ability]Sons of the Root[/ability], I don't know why…

Opponent? A blatantly typical one: Graves + MPD + Bone Serpent.

Was planning to AoE the MPD and was just about to win (with a mere Sunflower, however, what was a bad, bad thing…), but MPD survived anyway and performed that [ability]Thunderbolt[/ability] overkill just to humiliate. :V

Something had to be bad with the swapping order, I guess.
(Not to mention that I still regard using that kind of teams as a sin. But that achievement, it needs healing! :lol:)

Paladance

No Time to Heal in the 6.2.4 game

Post by Paladance » May 10th, 2016, 2:32 am

AAAAARGMWHH!

I casually joined the queue with the team above and met a [pet]Blossoming Ancient[/pet]/[pet]Graves[/pet]/[pet]Hyjal Wisp[/pet] team.

And probably a bot, I need to admit, because the wisp was putting [ability]Wish[/ability] only when the Sunny Day was active (I was even waiting with [ability]Sunlight[/ability] to check that, then Wish was put immediately.)

Or is the thinking just turned off when it comes to these heals?

I gave up after 10 minutes or so.

I see that Turnip is a bit too weak for stalling, even with the Sons. Any sinister advice? :roll:

PS Still afraid of Broot…

Flow
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Flow » May 11th, 2016, 3:48 pm

I did it this winter. If the team I've saved is the one, started with Sunflower (Lash/Photosyn/Sunlight), with a Nightshade Sproutling (S/S - Lash/Nature's Ward/Blinding Poison) and Stinker (Scrstch/Perkup/Bleat). Kept Sunlight and hots up. I think the rotation was cast heal, some dmg/avoidance, then heal again at half hp or when the first heal ran out, and swap to Stinker so the swapped out pet would heal up in the backrow. More heals/damage with Stinker then swap to third pet, and just repeating. Had a few tries but it went quite well, but did it during the event so it was a lot easier I'd imagine.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 11th, 2016, 8:07 pm

Triple Nexus Whelpling rips up the Ancient Blossom team according to blizz petbattle forums. If you are running into a bot spamming that team you may be able to take advantage of it and score your achieve with whelps.

Im not sure how viable the counter is when needing all 3 pets to survive becomes an issue, so just thinking out loud here for you, I havent tried this in the field.

My double blind + medic team did well if you can assemble such a roster. My 2x S/S DAH may have been a huge part of the success but maybe any strong pair of blind pets can do as well for the achieve. Perhaps dedicated blind, dedicated heal, and dual move blind/heal pet (if such exists).

Again, its kind of an off day for me, feeling ill, and im not actually in the field or digging thru my Journal as I type this, just trying to throw out helpful speculation :)

Paladance

Post by Paladance » May 11th, 2016, 11:02 pm

Get well! \o

I don't have DAH but I have [pet]Spectral Spinner[/pet], [pet]Mechanical Scorpid[/pet] and [pet]Nightshade Sproutling[/pet]. The last one seems really interesting!

I'm just not sure if a combination 2 + healer is worth it, as it's pretty predictable and lacks the bursts. But I have used avoidance before, like that of bunnies, [pet]Slithershock Elver[/pet] or [pet]Bronze Whelpling[/pet].

If only fawns had better breeds.

Logansfury
Top Rater

Post by Logansfury » May 11th, 2016, 11:10 pm

Nightshade Sproutling must have been in the back of my head - Nature's Ward and Blinding Poison seems a powerful moveset for this achieve team, but I think I was hoping for a team-heal combined with a blind.

Paladance

Post by Paladance » May 12th, 2016, 2:47 am

I'm afraid there is no such a pet. Smart search shows nothing.

Same with [ability]Sandstorm[/ability] + team restoration.

Rioriel
Top Rater
Pet Score:10504
Realm:The Sha'tar-eu

Post by Rioriel » May 12th, 2016, 5:53 am

Paladance wrote:PS I wonder what if I just named pets No Time, To Heal and Please? :roll:
:lol: :lol: worth a shot!