Thundering Serpent Hatchling

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Zhevrakeeper
Pet Score:13765
Realm:Saurfang-us
Thundering Serpent Hatchling

Post by Zhevrakeeper » March 6th, 2016, 8:44 am

Hi all,

So my wow sub is currently paused due to some personal circumstances so I can't post this on the actual wow pet battle forums but I can still follow topics there. I also tried to post this under the actual TSH thread here but it has been locked. I am not sure if I can post links to the blizzard wow pet forum so I wont but there is currently a topic there called "Past CE and Blizzcon pets" and on page 3 there is a poster who posted in reply to someone asking why they can buy the mount but not the thundering serpent hatchling pet that:

"Find a guild who had it unlocked before the CMs were removed, it's still purchasable from the guild vendor"

To which he replies at the end of the thread (currently the very last post):

"Yeah, I logged in just to check, it's still available from the vendors in guilds that had it unlocked."

This is news to me and I don't want to get my hopes up because everything is telling me he is most likely wrong.

So can anyone confirm or deny? My thoughts are that if you already bought the pet (I already stalked his pet armory and noticed he does indeed have that pet teehee) you probably can still see it on the guild vendor? And that if you don't have it, join a guild that did have it and unlocked it then try to check the vendor it won't be there? (otherwise there would never have been the mad rush to join a guild and get it before it was removed right?).

I am hoping I am wrong but... like I said feel I am probably right :'( Would love to hear others who are in the know on this :D And thank you to anyone who replies!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Re: Thundering Serpent Hatchling

Post by Gráinne » March 6th, 2016, 9:11 am

My guild didn't have the achieve, so I can't check in person, but comments both here and on Wowhead confirm it is no longer available.

From http://www.warcraftpets.com/wow-pets/dragonkin/serpents/thundering-serpent-hatchling/
Vendor: Black Market Auction House

Zone: Nagrand (Draenor), The Veiled Stair

Approximate Drop Rate: Unknown from [Unclaimed Black Market Container]
Finally got around to making an alt for a guild that had the pet unlocked, went and quested up until I hit revered, then headed to the vendor -- only to see no pet. It looks like it's been retired, so if you don't have it, you most likely have missed out completely. :( I've put in a ticket to ask, just in case, but I won't have my hopes up. :c -- ETA: Yeah, according to the WCP forums, it's retired from the guild vendors and only available on the Black Market Auction House. D:

From http://www.wowhead.com/item=85513/thundering-serpent-hatchling#comments
This pet has been completely discontinued. In WoD it'll be available once more on the Black Market Auction House. I helped my guild get full Challenge Mode Gold. Once I heard it was going to be discontinued, I got as many of my friends it as I could, as well as their friends. Upon WoD coming out it was removed from our vendor. If you were able to get it in time, congratulations! You'll have to get it on the Black Market if you still want it.
From the sticky locked thread at the top http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4139&start=460 October 2014 was the last chance to get the pet from the guild vendor. :(

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » March 7th, 2016, 2:00 am

I wonder if the mount gets deprecated in Legion too? Couldn't find any established statement on this, only personal opinions reflecting optimism or not (cheers to Neolarva! :)).
I was planning to create a Demon Hunter to not bother with the level requirement :P and I can imagine I wasn't the only one!

Anyway, things have turned out in another way. I figured out that a guild that had recently invited my DK bank alt has that mount too! :D And I'm telling myself now -- hey, at least I have an opportunity to do a Shadowmourne questline aswell!
I hope that guild doesn't mind keeping non-endgame focused characters. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » March 7th, 2016, 7:21 am

The mounts won't get removed from the guild vendor (I think). The challenge mode pets are, because they are link with a time limited event (the challenge mode lasts only the current expension). The mythic boss are still there after the xpac is done.

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » March 7th, 2016, 9:33 am

Checked on the guild vendor of a guild that had the MoP achievement one but not the WoD one (yet) and the thundering serpent hatchling is not sold.

Painbow
Pet Score:10044
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Painbow » March 19th, 2016, 6:45 am

Don't you love people who spread misinformation and completely waste your time? You should tell that guy to never type anything ever again unless he's absolutely sure he's right.