Guild page/herald alliance and horde

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Sweetmana
Top Rater
Pet Score:8238
Realm:Aegwynn-us
Guild page/herald alliance and horde

Post by Sweetmana » August 20th, 2015, 1:04 am

How do people have both of these on one toon? If you buy them and then faction xfer it makes them into the new factions variant. Some people on the leader boards have all 4 of them.

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Guild page/herald alliance and horde

Post by Peanutty » August 20th, 2015, 1:14 am

Very simple - get a page and herald on one faction, then roll an alt on the opposite faction and get a page and herald over there.

Although you can't summon or use them on the opposite faction character, they still individually count towards your total as they are not considered the same pet.

Sweetmana
Top Rater
Pet Score:8238
Realm:Aegwynn-us

Post by Sweetmana » August 20th, 2015, 1:17 am

I swear I've bought them back when I played alli a ton but figured they just wouldn't show up since they are character bound instead of account bound. Thanks though I'll go check my alli toons and find out.

Kathrynweir
Pet Score:3254
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Kathrynweir » March 2nd, 2016, 1:39 pm

Peanutty wrote:Very simple - get a page and herald on one faction, then roll an alt on the opposite faction and get a page and herald over there.

Although you can't summon or use them on the opposite faction character, they still individually count towards your total as they are not considered the same pet.
I bought them on my Alliance character, but when I log onto Horde (where I can buy them) the Horde versions show up in my pet version, and the pet journal shows me as missing the Alliance versions, and vice versa on Alliance. (I do not have this problem with the moonkin.)

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » March 2nd, 2016, 3:28 pm

Kathrynweir wrote:I bought them on my Alliance character, but when I log onto Horde (where I can buy them) the Horde versions show up in my pet version, and the pet journal shows me as missing the Alliance versions, and vice versa on Alliance. (I do not have this problem with the moonkin.)
They are character-specific ingame. They only count as "collected" if you bought them with this very character. At least ingame. I think WCP counts them as collected as soon as one character owns them.

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Angelcat2887 » March 2nd, 2016, 6:30 pm

i got both of mine as ally, then changed to horde. both of the horde ones were missing, opened a ticket about them and was told just to go and buy them again.. :?