Share pet collecting news and advice.
Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
[ENDED] Madja's 10th raffle - Easter edition [Any Region]

Post by Madja » March 1st, 2016, 11:18 am

Hiya all!

It's time for my 10th raffle and seeing how Easter is just around the corner I figured I'd make that the theme.

So I thought we'd have a little Easter egg hunt :)

For those who don't know what an Easter egg is, it's a term used to describe hidden jokes or references in a media - often ones that break the fourth wall (non-lore).

An obvious one that probably all of us here know (because of the pet reward) is the tribute to 'Plants vs. Zombies' game. It's the mini-game quest found in Hillsbrad Foothills that awards the Singing Sunflower.
Easter Eggs might also be tributes to Blizzard Employees, famous people or well-known creative works.
Our very own Admin Azaelia even submitted a screenshot of one in my latest raffle - a small area in Mulgore where critters wield weapons and chase each others!

If you're in doubt about what an Easter egg is then please just let me know, I'll try to explain it better! And remember that you won't be judged harshly even if what you submit technically isn't one - the raffle is about having fun after all!

Anyways...
The prize this time will be a BlizzCon 2015 Virtual Ticket code which awards the 'Murkidan' pet as well as stuff in the other Blizzard games.

How to enter:

Submit a screenshot of or describe your favorite Easter Egg in World of Warcraft.
Add a small (or lengthy) explanation on why you chose that particular one.

(Please look to my signature if you're unsure of how to submit a screenshot)

Rules:

Upon submission you will be awarded a number. A /roll will be performed in-game between 1 and the number of entries. The winner is the one with the number rolled.

To be qualified for entry your account must have been created prior to 2016 or have at least 10 posts.

Only one entry per person.

All entries must be submitted by Thursday, 31th of March, at 9 PM CET (GMT +2 because of Daylight Savings)
Last edited by Madja on March 31st, 2016, 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Madja
MVP

Re: Madja's 10th raffle - Easter edition [Any Region]

Post by Madja » March 1st, 2016, 11:19 am

List of entries:

#1 Angelcat2887
#2 Paladance
#3 Aeice
#4 Melanis
#5 Deviantelf
#6 Peterc
#7 Grundy
#8 Fran
#9 Seaka
#10 Africanleopard
#11 Kel
#12 Darolyn
#13 Evilpat
#14 Dulahey
#15 Mehetabel
#16 Kaz17
#17 Infernis
#18 Felixinseattle
#19 Ssparkles
#20 Cubcho
#21 Sunborne
#22 Klausv
#23 Maylea
Last edited by Madja on March 30th, 2016, 4:41 pm, edited 19 times in total.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » March 1st, 2016, 11:51 am

LOVE the theme of this one!!!!! Absolutely awesome idea. And a pretty special prize give away too.

Good luck to you all!

Angelcat2887
Pet Score:11102
BattleTag®:Angel2887#2347
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Angelcat2887 » March 1st, 2016, 12:25 pm

This has to be my fave easter egg in the game, a rat and his four little turtles chillin in the Dalaran sewers, maybe one day they will grow to become the heroes we hope they will be. :D

**i own one but if i win it will be going to a friend, if thats ok***
Last edited by Angelcat2887 on March 1st, 2016, 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » March 1st, 2016, 12:27 pm

Nice theme! Let's see...

One of my favorite easter eggs in WoD is the monologue of Reshad in the starting quest chain of Spires of Arak.
Reshad: My my... what a curious collection.
Reshad: Percy... what have you got there? Come now, let's see it.
Reshad: "Fifty Layers of Shadow," fifty l... Percival! You put that back this instant!
Reshad: Nasty bird.
It's even better in german in my opinion.

(@Madja - Please note: I already own Murkidan.)

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » March 1st, 2016, 12:46 pm

Oh, how on the both worlds can I stay with an only one thing?! There are so much!

…okay, so ladies and gentlemen, sit on your lounge cushions and have some Kaja'Cola!

It's an item found in Kezan, the goblin starting zone; its reagent is claimed to contribute to the goblins' independence.
While it's an obvious reference to fizzy drinks, it also makes a user express a silly thing, similarly to the Glyph of Confession (since Legion, that one is probably a toy). Of course, in this case, it's a consumable, themed a bit in line with the goblin kind of creativity (and/or decadence).
Sadly, you can't get it anymore past a certain quest (and surely after leaving the isle, of course). Moreover, the original item is unique (20), but at least it can be mailed or put on AH.

A comment of Wowhead listing possible lines.
My favourite one is a BlizzCon reference. Who would have guessed that blues ARE such like greedy goblins, who at all? :P

Well. Kaja'Cola aswell as Glyph of Confession are an example of RNG that doesn't frustrate anyone! ;)
They can have some RP usage as a conversation plot twist or as a fortune cookie, but we can also wonder what else would've been said by the affected people, hence go a bit deeper into the world by ourselves.

And an important lore question: has Rhonin had some Kaja'Cola after Algalon had been defeated? :lol:
Last edited by Paladance on March 3rd, 2016, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » March 1st, 2016, 2:33 pm

Azaelia wrote:LOVE the theme of this one!!!!! Absolutely awesome idea. And a pretty special prize give away too.

Good luck to you all!
Glad you like it! Feel free to participate even if you don't want the prize! :)

Shingetsu wrote:(@Madja - Please note: I already own Murkidan.)
Do you mean to say that you don't want to be entered or that you're entering for a friend?
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu » March 1st, 2016, 10:28 pm

Madja wrote:Do you mean to say that you don't want to be entered or that you're entering for a friend?
I only posted for fun. No need to assign me a number. I did not even know, that posting for a friend is an option now. I remember it wasn't in earlier raffles. :D
Last edited by Shingetsu on March 2nd, 2016, 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Melanis
Pet Score:9245
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Melanis » March 1st, 2016, 10:43 pm

I wasn't even a huge fan of Lost but I never really looked for Easter Eggs in games before and this was the very first one I ever located on my own. It was a very fun moment for me, and helped me to want to look into finding even more!

Deviantelf
Pet Score:12827
BattleTag®:Deviantelf#1836
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Deviantelf » March 2nd, 2016, 3:22 am

I've seen a lot of easter eggs in my bit over a year of playing, from movies to music to other games, and even books (Game of Thrones anyone?)... but...

I know it seems cheesy. But Harrison Jones, especially his quests in Uldum! Now I'm old enough the Indian Jones movies were HUGE, intense, full of adventure and puzzles, and the special effects were awesome (then). And funny and full of sexual innuendo too. I know I can't be the only one. I'm not really a movie or tv buff, rarely watch something more than once if I do watch it. And I can't tell you how many times I've seen the movies.

Seen them in the theaters, seen them on VHS and video disc. And I can say I actually own the original three on video disc and still can play them in the video disc player... plus they've all been watched within the last 2-3 years (in succession of course).

Good luck to everyone! And of course thanks Madja for doing the raffle!!!

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » March 2nd, 2016, 7:10 am

Shingetsu wrote:
Madja wrote:Do you mean to say that you don't want to be entered or that you're entering for a friend?
I only posted for fun. No need to assign me a number. I did not even know, that posting for a friend is an option now. I remember it wasn't in earlier raffles. :D
Hehe, well I did ban it in my Deathy raffle, as I felt that was a very special pet. I'd prefer that everyone who want to enter make their own account, but my raffles are about making people happy, so if it's a friend then that's okay. Others might enter without telling me what they intend to do with the prize, so I don't want to punish people for being honest :)

The only thing I don't want is people selling them. They're meant to help people finish their collections - not make a profit :)
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » March 2nd, 2016, 4:20 pm

My personal favourite - great movie, great Easter Egg.

Peterc
Attachments
Cheer Up!.jpg
Cheer Up!.jpg (154.13KiB)Viewed 8615 times

Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu » March 2nd, 2016, 6:25 pm

Peterc wrote:My personal favourite - great movie, great Easter Egg.
I'm curious. Which one would that be? Disney's "Up"?

Grundy
Top Rater
Pet Score:13832
BattleTag®:Drax13#1271
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Grundy » March 2nd, 2016, 6:40 pm

Even though they are long gone, my favorite will always be 'Camp Nintendo' and the Linken quests in Un'Goro.

Next to that, there are a ton of Castlevania references as well, most of which were only around during the WoTLK launch event (Vampire Hunter, Vampiric Batling, and Monster Slayer's Kit. I wish I had saved Blessed Garb of the Undead Slayer, which was a mix between Judgement and the BC agi mail dungeon set.

Stickybuns
Pet Score:8227
Realm:Dalvengyr-us

Post by Stickybuns » March 2nd, 2016, 7:49 pm

I love these little cuties out in Grizzly Hills. Occasionally a hunter spawns and shoots Bambina's mom which sends the wee deer on a murderous revenge spree.
babina.jpg
babina.jpg (99.92KiB)Viewed 8587 times
Can I also say that Grizzly Hills has the best music in game. I was so glad when they put the jukebox in the garrison which gave me the option to go out and get it so it's Grizzly Hills in my garrison 24x7.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » March 3rd, 2016, 6:10 am

My entry just for fun, no number please ;)

Noticed this little girl randomly on the deeprun tram one day and had a little giggle

Sorry for the poor img but trying to get a good snapshot of Nessy the Sea Monster has been quite an IRL challenge for many hahaha

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » March 3rd, 2016, 11:29 am

Azaelia wrote:Sorry for the poor img but trying to get a good snapshot of Nessy the Sea Monster has been quite an IRL challenge for many hahaha
Glyph of Far Sight: Your Far Sight spell may be used indoors. :)
Though remember that minor glyphs are pretty deprecated in Legion for the sake of toy industry. :geek:

I've been expecting Linken here. :) Would have mentioned him but I don't even know pre-Cata times.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507