Collect Graves...how???

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Cronight
Pet Score:3876
Realm:Dragonmaw-eu
Collect Graves...how???

Post by Cronight » February 26th, 2016, 8:29 pm

Since this is one of the most friendly community I ever know, plz can you give me some advice, what is the easiest and safety way to reach lvl 20 for pet in hots, since I was never played before any moba game and tbh do not preferer that type of game, but I am ready to put some effort to gain pet???

thx in advance and cheers!!!

Khanchantate
Pet Score:2889
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Re: Collect Graves...how???

Post by Khanchantate » February 26th, 2016, 8:48 pm

Pretty much all you need to know is in this thread:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/f ... lit=graves

buy a stimpack
buy Leoric
park him next to the ending area
???
profit

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 27th, 2016, 12:52 am

Yeah, me too, MOBA not my idea of fun time.

Basically you just have to go with AI team and a few bucks for a stimpack and then find something else to do while grinding out the 20 level. It will take a while even with AFK strategy. But then you have Graves.

Personally I've never used my Graves in PvP (and the grind to get him took freakin' forever) cause Graves teams are so OP that it's kind of unfair to use. Blizzard has admitted that yeah, maybe he's a bit much, and are nerfing him in Legion.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » February 27th, 2016, 3:38 am

Here is what I did:

I started playing alone (doing some training matches, or whatever they are called) to get a feeling for the game. Later I joined some friends and we played some matches together. We started playing vs AI opponents and later switched to playing vs other players. Was not too bad of a experience. Also you get a free stimpack if you ding level 10 (or something like that), which helps quite a bunch. Of course it still takes quite some time.

After getting him I have yet to use him once (other than leveling him to 25) tho. I don't do PVP pet fights :lol:

Melanis
Pet Score:9245
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Melanis » February 27th, 2016, 4:43 am

If your not a fan of Moba's as a genre, just take it in stride. Pick a champ you like out of who is available, join matches against AI opponents and just coast it out.

I had a few friends who play so we had a good time of getting me to lvl 20. If you know anyone who really likes the game, get them to let you play the Champ Cho'Gal with them. Then you can just focus on using abilities and not worry about the movement so much. Its going to take you a little while either way, I did it in a week of focused play when I wasn't busy with work and such, but your mileage may vary.

Good luck and be sure to try and have fun with it!

Elmarc
Top Rater
Pet Score:10302
BattleTag®:Elmarc#2151
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Elmarc » February 27th, 2016, 8:48 am

When you got your stimpack (bought or from reaching level 10) use it as much as possible on a daylie bases. The increase in xp is very noticable. I'm not sure if they removed the xp-cap per day or not. If it's still there play until you reach it and then go again the next day. Otherwise, just grind it out. I always play with RL people vs AI. the games are usually faster when you play with AI teammates vs AI, but the xp with AI-teammates is much higher. Pick whichever you like most.

Dolz
Pet Score:6070
Realm:Trollbane-us

Post by Dolz » February 27th, 2016, 8:16 pm

Shingetsu wrote:After getting him I have yet to use him once (other than leveling him to 25) tho. I don't do PVP pet fights :lol:
I use him on Tarr the Terrible, Graves really tears up his team. After he's dead I swap in a leveling pet and then go to the Fossilized Hatchling for clean up.

Cronight
Pet Score:3876
Realm:Dragonmaw-eu

Post by Cronight » February 27th, 2016, 8:32 pm

Well big big thx to all of you for nice advices you gave me. Anyway I choose to play vs al team and with item which boosted exp in 9h of playing I ding my toon till 11.5lvl.Once again this community confirm it is one of the best from all I know, and once again thx for that.

cheers

p.s.the most funny or strangest thing, I found game very funny and intersting, even never ever play any moba game before... :D :D :D

Beastlyserenity
Pet Score:3133
Realm:Draenor-us

Post by Beastlyserenity » February 28th, 2016, 3:32 am

I wish I found it fun and interesting.

HotS has possibly been the slowest game grind I've ever done. I'm at like lvl 8 or 9 now? I can't really get into it.
I love warcraft. I'm a 10+ year player, but HotS is so tediously boring to me.

I think I'd pay someone to level me to 20.

I'm going to do it though, I must get Graves :-(

Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu » February 28th, 2016, 6:19 am

Once you get the boost it speeds up quite a bit.
Also make sure to play with at least one other player to get the group +exp bonus. :)

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » February 28th, 2016, 1:40 pm

I really need to sort myself out, man up and get this over and done with ^^

Really not a fan of the game, but it's an obtainable pet that could take me to my 750 goal >.>

Hmm...maybe next weekend :P

Noxiish
Pet Score:8643
Realm:Garrosh-us

Post by Noxiish » February 28th, 2016, 2:13 pm

Khanchantate wrote:buy a stimpack
buy Leoric
park him next to the ending area
???
profit
Hands down, still pretty much the only reason I have Graves right now. >.<

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13538
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » February 28th, 2016, 3:00 pm

Cronight wrote:p.s.the most funny or strangest thing, I found game very funny and intersting, even never ever play any moba game before... :D :D :D
Same thing happened to me! I only started playing it for the pet and found I actually enjoyed it. :)
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu » February 28th, 2016, 6:15 pm

Azaelia wrote:I really need to sort myself out, man up and get this over and done with
That's what I keep telling myself with the Stunted Direhorn and yet... I'm still at 9 wins. :roll:

Powderkeg
Pet Score:560
Realm:Laughing Skull-us

Post by Powderkeg » March 2nd, 2016, 4:31 pm

Azaelia wrote:I really need to sort myself out, man up and get this over and done with ^^

Really not a fan of the game, but it's an obtainable pet that could take me to my 750 goal >.>

Please dont do what lots of people are saying to do - Playing with AI teammates, against AI bots, and AFK the entire time to "grind" out xp.

1 question, does that really sound fun? Of course not. Everyone complaining about how bad the game is, didnt actually play the game. They stared at a screen until they collected enough XP. Id hate that too.

I recently got back into WoW after quitting once I got into the HotS Alpha (I only did battlegrounds anyways), so I'll make you an offer - I'll help you in Heroes (you get a 50% XP bonus when playing with friends), if you give me tips and tricks to quickly leveling pets and which pets to level.

This goes to everyone in this community (which I was very happy to find), hit me up if you want an easier time leveling an account in Heroes of the Storm.

Blizz ID - Pocketz #1683

Shingetsu

Post by Shingetsu » March 2nd, 2016, 6:17 pm

Powderkeg wrote:if you give me tips and tricks to quickly leveling pets and which pets to level.
Well... the best advice I can give you is to use the MoP & WoD trainer fights to level your pets. There are some awesome guides with solid 2 pet strategies in this board. Have a look at the following topics to get an idea which pets to level first:

5.4 Guide to Master Tamer (levelling) + Beasts of Fable
Donna's "no-bs" WoD 6.1 Pet Tamer Guide

There is even a guide which concentrates on as little pets as possible to get you started. I never tried it myself, but can't hurt to try it I guess:

[2 Pet Guide] 14 grand masters, 1 hour, easy to get pets

If you got a menagerie in your garrison the "Squirt" fight is awesome for exp, too. Here's a list with the days Squirt is around. And a solid 2 pet strategy:

Squirt in Garrison Days
Using Squirt to Level a pet to 25 (2 mins per battle)

And of course, the pet battle bonus exp event always helps.

Hope this helps :)

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » March 3rd, 2016, 6:16 am

Powderkeg wrote:
Azaelia wrote:I really need to sort myself out, man up and get this over and done with ^^

Please dont do what lots of people are saying to do - Playing with AI teammates, against AI bots, and AFK the entire time to "grind" out xp.

1 question, does that really sound fun? Of course not. Everyone complaining about how bad the game is, didnt actually play the game. They stared at a screen until they collected enough XP. Id hate that too.

I recently got back into WoW after quitting once I got into the HotS Alpha (I only did battlegrounds anyways), so I'll make you an offer - I'll help you in Heroes (you get a 50% XP bonus when playing with friends), if you give me tips and tricks to quickly leveling pets and which pets to level.

This goes to everyone in this community (which I was very happy to find), hit me up if you want an easier time leveling an account in Heroes of the Storm.

Blizz ID - Pocketz #1683
Im not a fan of AFK'ing to get something, I like the feeling or earning something....even when it's a gigantic pain hence my stunted direhorn's name :P

I'm planning of convincing my BF to give me a hand but ofc feel free to add me to bnet too if we ever playing it!

When it comes to pet help have a browse through our guides, if not feel free to make a brief thread under collecting and I'll do my best to help (as will many others I'm sure) ^^

Poutinette
MVP
Pet Score:4898
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Poutinette » March 3rd, 2016, 8:07 am

Note that you get a free stim applied to your account at level 10, and it is good for a week, as soon as you get to level 10, it is on, whether you play that week or not.

I did not used Leoric, I just used the free stim and played with a friend, you get another bonus when you play with someone on your battle.net friend list.

Trece
Pet Score:13656
Realm:Khadgar-us

Post by Trece » March 14th, 2016, 1:30 pm

He is still available just got him yesterday. I bought a stimpack for $3.99, played beginner AI and played with my husband for 50% more experience when I could. It took me 5 days. It was a special kind of hell grinding out this pet. ;)

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » March 14th, 2016, 3:18 pm

I am up to level 17 and have kind of run out of steam on HotS. I need to just suck it up and finish the grind. The game is kind of fun... I have some friends who play it on occasion and it's a lot more fun than the AI if you can play with friends who are also speaking to you on voice chat, that's my advice.