Pets dropped from journal?

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Tachelle
Pet Score:3401
Realm:Silver Hand-us
Pets dropped from journal?

Post by Tachelle » February 27th, 2016, 9:29 pm

Greetings,
I haven't been doing pet battles for awhile. I came back, went to get Chrominius out and there it was... GONE! I put in a ticket and the support response was "We don't see any sign of it being used so we can't do anything about it". It was phrased MUCH more nicely than that but that was the bottom line. The tech also mentioned he'd lost a pet as well. I pointed him to my inventory here, and the fact that I have the achievement "Raiding with Leashes" for which Chrominius is a requirement.

Just now I went to get my Clockwork Gnome and IT'S GONE TOO! Heaven only knows how many more I'm missing. Both of these pets were lvl 25 Rares. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Fortunately I have a dual monitor system. I'm about to pull up my warcraftpets inventory and compare it to my WoW in game inventory and see how many more are missing. Very very sad. I'm going to be REALLY upset if the reply comes back that they can't / won't restore my missing pets.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Cheers,
Tachelle

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Pets dropped from journal?

Post by Quintessence » February 27th, 2016, 9:59 pm

One of my guildmates found some of her pets missing a while back, but it turned out her son was logging into her account and caging/selling them though. She promptly disallowed access to her account after that. :lol:

Other than the situation above, I can't think of how or why pets would go missing. Maybe something went weird with the code?

Regardless of how or why, I hope they manage to recover your pets soon!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Tachelle

Post by Tachelle » February 27th, 2016, 10:23 pm

Quintessence wrote:Other than the situation above, I can't think of how or why pets would go missing. Maybe something went weird with the code?

Regardless of how or why, I hope they manage to recover your pets soon!
It's gotta be something weird with the code. Perhaps more folks will turn up with same problem. I live alone and there's an authenticator on my account so I doubt it's been hacked. I'd expect to see more things missing than just a couple of pets.

Thanks for the reply.
Cheers
Tachelle

Drudatz
Top Rater
Pet Score:10205
Realm:Kul Tiras-eu

Post by Drudatz » February 28th, 2016, 2:28 pm

you sure you dont have a filter enabled that hides certain pets?

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » February 28th, 2016, 11:37 pm

Drudatz wrote:you sure you dont have a filter enabled that hides certain pets?
That's easily checked, so I checked it. Tachelle's Blizzard armoury shows no Chrominius or Clockwork Gnome.

Tachelle, that's disturbing and worrisome to me, so I can imagine how you must be feeling. Luckily, those two are easily replaced. I hope no more are missing.

Tachelle

Post by Tachelle » February 29th, 2016, 12:57 am

I heard back from Game Master today. They can't find proof that I DID NOT give / sell it to another player so... no replacement. I understand but it still breaks my heart.

Lesson learned... No matter how many pets you have, take the important ones out for a walk on a regular basis.

Regards,
Tachelle

Tachelle

Post by Tachelle » February 29th, 2016, 1:07 am

This is SO bizarre. My partner who lives a time zone away HAS THEM!? I know I wouldn't have given them to him. I know he wouldn't have taken them from my account.

This is NOT something that could have happened by accident but the coincidence is insane.

Off to apologize to Blizzard Game Master and ask how this could happen. I would NOT give those two pets in particular to anyone else... even my partner. *LOL*

Tachelle.

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » February 29th, 2016, 5:16 pm

Well the good news is that you found them. You didn't perhaps lend them to your partner for some achievement or pet battle?

Very strange situation to be in though...

Tachelle

Post by Tachelle » March 1st, 2016, 12:54 am

Africanleopard wrote: You didn't perhaps lend them to your partner for some achievement or pet battle?
Not a chance. He has next to no interest at all in battle pets. He only participates in collecting things that are cageable so he can hear me get all excited. :lol:

It's funny that these battle pets are just a collection of 0's and 1's but I get SO attached to them. :oops:

Cheers,
Tachelle