Nightshade Sproutling

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us
Nightshade Sproutling

Post by Darolyn » February 27th, 2016, 5:45 pm

Alright.

I cannot, for the life of me, get an S/S Nightshade Sproutling. I've picked so many flowers my allergies are getting allergies.

I got sucked into an Ashran match last night because of the allure of "podlings appear more often in Ashran" thing I read...and it's true! (We won the match. I actually participated. I hate PvP. Ashran was fun. I still hate PvP in general.)

So, I'm here to ask, how much more often will an S/S Sproutling get the edge over opponents than an S/B Sproutling, the closest I've come to the elusive S/S.

Alternatively, anyone want to trade? (I know, wrong forum, but this is really about the battle abilities, not the trade)

If you can't tell from my recent posts/threads, I'm starting to get into pet PvP because of the Direhorn, and I'm slowly gathering the top pets to combat the current metas....

Thanks!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Re: Nightshade Sproutling

Post by Vakeetah » February 27th, 2016, 8:52 pm

If you want it for Blinding Poison, the difference is huge (since 289 isn't very fast). Other than that, the S/B will work just fine with the rest of abilities.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Asclepius
Top Rater
Pet Score:5054
BattleTag®:Asclepius#1550
Realm:Black Dragonflight-us

Post by Asclepius » February 27th, 2016, 9:42 pm

I am on tonight and will be watching the combine tomorrow. Add me Asclepius#1550

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » March 2nd, 2016, 11:50 am

I finally got the S/S!

I probably bought the unlearned items and resold the caged pets 10 times in the last week, gave away two, and finally got an S/S at 4 o'clock this morning. I promptly used one of my purple stones, and can't wait to try her out tonight.

The S/B is getting resold, I have all three "pure" breeds now after this buying spree, and I'm only down about 3K total.

So excited! Thanks for the input on the S/B :)
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Sternish
MVP
Pet Score:4502
Realm:Ysera-us

Post by Sternish » March 5th, 2016, 8:33 pm

Grats on finally finding the right breed! The S/S Nightshade Sproutling is a very strong pet. She will serve you well :mrgreen:

Africanleopard
Pet Score:5560
Realm:Caelestrasz-us

Post by Africanleopard » March 6th, 2016, 12:37 am

Grats on getting your pet :D .

I have picked herbs so many times and never had one drop :( . I finally succumbed and bought one off the AH. With my luck they will probably start dropping now _ LOL.

I have the same issue with the ore eater. I have a bunch of miners and the egg has never dropped from the Goren Protectors that occasionally spawn :( . I think the AH will have to play a role again * sigh*

Flow
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Flow » March 6th, 2016, 5:34 pm

I find it easier (and healthier) to just buy pets with low drop rate off the AH. So I can enjoy it right away :) If one should drop later I can sell it. Usually it takes a lot longer to farm the pet than it takes to farm the gold to buy it.

Darolyn

Post by Darolyn » March 7th, 2016, 1:00 pm

In this case, I did both. I was herbing anyway, so it wasn't like the black tabby or whelpling grinds, where you're JUST killing a mob that has no other use to you, (unless you're a skinner with the whelps, see the bottom of this post for more on that....) So I farmed in Ashran, and learned a lot about PvP, lol! (Disturbed Podlings apparently have a greater rate

But I also bought every unlearned Nightshade Sproutling that was a decent price off the AH, and learned it. I spent 15K gold on Sproutlings, and have already recouped 12K, AND given away two.

Last night, funny enough, I FINALLY got a Sproutling to actually DROP off a Disturbed Podling. Right after getting my purple TCG Riding Turtle from the garrison, so a GOOD RNG day. It was an H/B breed, so nothing too exciting, but it was still nice to see it actually drop. Rarity says it was my 67th podling on that toon, but that doesn't count the dozens of others I attacked before I got this new computer.

I like farming, honestly. I never buy anything I haven't put in SOME effort to farm. But when you've killed 15000 mobs in Wetlands going for a Tiny Crimson Whelpling, and gotten NOTHING, you tend to buy it. (15000 mobs, most killed with my skinner, netted literally hundreds of thick leather by the time I was done combining it)

Ash_knacksum
Pet Score:1588
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Ash_knacksum » September 23rd, 2016, 10:52 am

A guildie had one who doesn't battle so permitted me to trade for any other breed. I doubt these will be on the AH very often or for very long these days.. Hoping to get some kind of team going with the new Thistleleaf Adventurer.

Also gave him a bunch of other pets though and getting one more that he needs for an achievement.. it was a big deal him doing this for me so making sure to do all I can to repay him! With him not really caring about breeds though, he obviously does not see it as being a big a deal as I do... I feel in these situations it is important not to take advantage.