Should I trade a Swift Spectral Tiger to complete collection

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Pry
Pet Score:8382
Realm:Doomhammer-us
Should I trade a Swift Spectral Tiger to complete collection

Post by Pry » January 13th, 2016, 4:54 pm

Hey,

So I was lucky enough to win a Swift Spectral Tiger in a give away. If I were to sell the tiger I would have enough gold to buy the 12 pets that I can get in game to complete my collection. These pets rarely show up on my servers AH but are always on the AH of the server where I will receive the tiger.

That being said I don't mind spending 50k gold for pets I am missing but doubt I would buy the tiger for 500k+ if it was on my AH.

I am torn between owning this extremely rare beautiful mount and finishing my pet collection! Just looking for some opinions!

Thanks all :)

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Re: Should I trade a Swift Spectral Tiger to complete collec

Post by Peanutty » January 13th, 2016, 5:42 pm

Guess it depends on what you collect and what your priorities are with collecting. I'm more of a mount person than pet person so I would personally keep the mount, but if you value pets more (and maybe are in need of extra gold too) then it's probably better to go with the pets.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 13th, 2016, 6:17 pm

I'm much more a pet person than a mount person but I would definitely keep the tiger. It's just so much more valuable/rare than any of the pets. Personally I would try to buy the needed pets by moving gold to the server with the well-stocked AH, by buying pets on my home server then reselling them on the other. This was actually what I did to pick up a couple of the last tradeable pets I needed (my home server's AH is pretty quiet).

Lynara
Pet Score:10888
Realm:Thunderhorn-eu

Post by Lynara » January 13th, 2016, 6:36 pm

I prefer pets, BUT, I'm a big fan of mounts too and the spectral tiger is pretty much the Holy Grail of mounts for most collectors, plus every time you summon it you would remember that one time you got super lucky.

I personally would learn it and live happily ever after and slowly save up for those last 12 pets, you won't get a chance at the spectral tiger again...

Pry

Post by Pry » January 13th, 2016, 6:56 pm

Thank you all for your reply's! I am still so in the air but the thought of having the tiger is pretty fantastic! I was really just hoping to see what you all would do in my situation and it has helped!

I suppose part of my issue is I hate spending gold but I have enough I just need to wait for those last few pets to come around on my server. Or like you said Graven, do some gold transferring to grab them :).

Shoecup
MVP
Pet Score:5243
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Shoecup » January 13th, 2016, 10:34 pm

i'm just curious what are the 12 pets you're missing?

I would stay w/ the tiger itself. Pets are easily movable, they might show up on your ah at low prices some times in the future.

Pry

Post by Pry » January 14th, 2016, 12:36 am

Lets see, the 12 I am missing are:

Droplet of Y'Shaarj
Eye of the Legion
Gregarious Grell
Gusting Grimoire
Hippogryph Hatchling
Kovok
Nightsaber Cub
Sand Scarab
Son of Animus
Spineclaw Crab
Tuskarr Kite
Viscous Horror

I know many of these are not super rare, but I only occasionally see one of them pop up on my AH and at prices way higher then the US Mean price.

I obviously am not including rare CE pets in this list. These are the ones that I can viably get in game through the AH. I

Rarojo
Pet Score:13520
Realm:Aerie Peak-eu

Post by Rarojo » January 14th, 2016, 6:12 am

The tiger. Period. I love the pets (I have em all) but would trade them instantly for the tiger. No doubt.

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » January 14th, 2016, 11:04 am

Use the tiger. The pets aren't going anywhere, and you'll be able to get them slowly, while the chance of winning a free tiger again any time soon is pretty low. Congrats on your win though!

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » January 14th, 2016, 4:18 pm

Rarojo wrote:The tiger. Period. I love the pets (I have em all) but would trade them instantly for the tiger. No doubt.
^-- this +1

Those pets arent too bad to track down.. and remember that pets are account wide, so you could make an alt on another server that has better prices and maybe sell/trade some different pets, etc...

Slickriptide
Pet Score:2613
Realm:Bloodscalp-us

Post by Slickriptide » January 15th, 2016, 12:27 pm

Here's what I suggest - Go to eBay and search for WoW Spectral Tiger.

After you've picked your jaw up off of the floor, congratulate yourself on your luck and keep the tiger mount.

Pinyin
Pet Score:4679
Realm:Kargath-us

Post by Pinyin » January 19th, 2016, 5:03 am

Slickriptide wrote:Here's what I suggest - Go to eBay and search for WoW Spectral Tiger.

After you've picked your jaw up off of the floor, congratulate yourself on your luck and keep the tiger mount.

I totally agree. I have the mount and I immediately tried to think of what I have that I could trade for another code. I think I have most of those pets. But to be honest, I'd strongly advise you to keep the mount.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13619
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » January 20th, 2016, 7:25 am

Graven wrote:I'm much more a pet person than a mount person but I would definitely keep the tiger.
Me too, definitely!
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » January 22nd, 2016, 11:38 am

I would personally keep the tiger in your shoes, I collect both pets and mounts and the Tiger had been at the top of my wish list for years before I finally bought one at 430k.

You can try searching the trade forums here on warcraft pets, I know I see some of those pets up for trade.

Pry

Post by Pry » February 10th, 2016, 1:32 pm

Thank you all for your responses! I have decided to keep the tiger! My gold supply has slowly climbed and hopefully with some cross server trades I can get the 9 pets I need to complete my collection.

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » February 10th, 2016, 2:29 pm

Pry wrote:Thank you all for your responses! I have decided to keep the tiger! My gold supply has slowly climbed and hopefully with some cross server trades I can get the 9 pets I need to complete my collection.
Congrats on making your decision :D

I would've done the same if I were you. Though how lucky of you to win it in the first place..... I paid out a small fortune for my spectral tiger, still don't regret it though.

Now get to work on those last few you need ^^