Race MiniZep shortcut (with lifegrip)

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Lunarific
Top Rater
Pet Score:4359
Realm:Barthilas-us
Race MiniZep shortcut (with lifegrip)

Post by Lunarific » October 10th, 2015, 6:52 pm

I noticed that some friends didn't have the Race MiniZep so I figured I might as well post this shortcut here for the DMF big race so anyone else who still needs it can see it too. I'm sorry it's the last day of DMF when I'm posting this, I completely forgot earlier. >.<

You'll need a priest with lifegrip and a reasonably good knowledge of the race layout to get gold, this is mostly useful if you just need to cut down your time by a few more tolls.

1. Instead of going across the water as the placement of all the power-ups would make you expect, go up the hill towards the shiny blue and orange markers in the distance. (I put them there in this screenshot, you won't normally see them!)

http://i.imgur.com/rKLXPkp.jpg

2. This is the shortcut you'll normally see in video guides. But instead of taking it yourself, you can get a priest friend to use it instead and stand where the blue marker is. If you ride up to the orange marker, they can lifegrip you up to blue. Once you're up there, head towards the next checkpoint and keep going!

Full view: http://i.imgur.com/YcqIEJF.jpg

View from the top down (yes I know that's not a priest, I just wanted to show the position!)

Note: The route the priest will have to take is a bit annoying and involves 2 jumps, the good thing is that you don't have to worry about time whilst they're doing it because they can get themselves into position beforehand. :P

Lunarific
Top Rater
Pet Score:4359

Re: Race MiniZep shortcut (with lifegrip)

Post by Lunarific » October 10th, 2015, 7:01 pm

It occurred to me that if the priest friend you enlist to help you isn't very good at jumping they can probably just do the race normally until they get to the top of the hill then right click off the racer buff. But if they want to try the jumping thing to get to the top, this is the 2nd part of the jump (which you can also do if you're trying to solo this shortcut)

http://i.imgur.com/9dXIzEn.jpg

The 2nd part of the jump: You need to aim for that really slight triangular-shaped flat piece sticking out from the cliff (circled) and then spam jump when you're there to try and get up to the top without falling down. It sucks and may take several tries. >.<

Ssparkles
Pet Score:10167

Post by Ssparkles » February 10th, 2016, 9:27 am

Thank you so much for your help with this

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » February 10th, 2016, 10:00 am

Thats a really great tutorial/tip to get it in under the required toll. I personally used that same method after sitting on YouTube for a fair while watching it over and over :p

Just remember to always help the lovely priest get his/hers afterwards too haha