Pebble! - Getting the quest every day

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us
Pebble! - Getting the quest every day

Post by Darolyn » February 6th, 2016, 2:07 pm

So I've apparently NEVER done the daily to get Pebble, and I finally decided that it's time to buckle down and get this little guy.

So last night, I went to Deepholm, and the quest wasn't up for me. Knowing that sometimes you can get a quest while in a raid group, even if you can't complete it, I decided to go see if I could pick up the quest while server hopping.

I realm hopped into a raid group, the quest was up, grabbed it, left the raid group, and prayed that Pebble would be up in the cave anyway, even if the daily wasn't active on my server.

He was! I was able to complete the quest and turn it in on my own server, and now have credit for 1/10 completions! I plan to do this the next 9 days and get a Pebble of my very own. (Hopefully...just read some comments saying you can SOMETIMES grab the quest, but sometimes not? Hmmm...will have to see)

Anyone know if you can get credit toward the achievement by doing this on multiple toons? Just a thought...
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Mykro9
MVP
Pet Score:4355
BattleTag®:mykro9#1585
Realm:Darrowmere-us

Re: Pebble! - Getting the quest every day

Post by Mykro9 » February 6th, 2016, 8:52 pm

I could be mistaken, but most of these types of achievements are per toon, not per account. I was actually surprised when trying to get the lvl 3 Goblin Workshop, that using the devices on separate toons worked towards the end completion. I had used the grenade launcher like 14 times on one toon, and the remaining 36 on a different toon, and it counted. But that quest/achievement was coded in WoD, so I assume it was an exception. I guess, the easy way o check would be grab the quest on a second toon the same day, and see if you get additional credit, or not.
mykro9#1585

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » February 6th, 2016, 9:55 pm

Mykro9 wrote:I could be mistaken, but most of these types of achievements are per toon, not per account. I was actually surprised when trying to get the lvl 3 Goblin Workshop, that using the devices on separate toons worked towards the end completion. I had used the grenade launcher like 14 times on one toon, and the remaining 36 on a different toon, and it counted. But that quest/achievement was coded in WoD, so I assume it was an exception. I guess, the easy way o check would be grab the quest on a second toon the same day, and see if you get additional credit, or not.
Yeah...I was going to do that, then realized that I never opened Deepholm on most of my toons. Oops. So...I'll just grind it on my main.

Also, most of what I said was in the comments on Pebble, double oops...I've had a rough week, so I'm not firing on all cylinders. Maybe next week will be better.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » February 8th, 2016, 8:14 pm

Back in my day, we ain't got no stinkin' server hoppin'...!

...and it took me about 3 months to get :lol:
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » February 9th, 2016, 4:04 am

It took me a month only, but the moments when Pebble bugged himself away over that pile of ground (worm ring)…
I hope he hadn't learned the curses that were floatin' here. :lol:

Now I feel bad for changing his name to maintain my A-elemental pack. Let's say that was a passage rite over him growing up. ;)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Lunarific
Top Rater
Pet Score:4359
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Lunarific » February 10th, 2016, 8:14 am

Paladance wrote:It took me a month only, but the moments when Pebble bugged himself away over that pile of ground (worm ring)…
I hope he hadn't learned the curses that were floatin' here. :lol:

Now I feel bad for changing his name to maintain my A-elemental pack. Let's say that was a passage rite over him growing up. ;)
Did you call him Aebble? :P