[ENDED] Madja's 8th raffle - Fanboy/girl edition

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
Re: Madja's 8th raffle - Fanboy/girl edition [Any region]

Post by Madja » January 19th, 2016, 10:14 am

It's really interesting to read all your stories! I'm amazed at how much love seems to have blossomed from playing WoW ^^

You all seem to have some really cool collections! I like the cats, as well. I take it they're limited editions? ;)

And I'm totally not envious of your Gurky, Lunara... Nope... not at all... :?
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » January 20th, 2016, 7:20 am

Loving the variety in this competition! :D

I have a few plushies, figures and CE boxes too but it's this that I love the most . . . . the cake my daughter made for my birthday a couple of years ago. She knows how obsessed I am with the game in general and pets in particular! ;)

It has my two favourite pets on the top! :D

[url=http://s57.photobucket.com/user/Wolfdreama/media/WoW%20Stuff/WarcraftPetBattleCake2.jpg.html]Image[/url]

[url=http://s57.photobucket.com/user/Wolfdreama/media/WoW%20Stuff/WarcraftPetBattleCake3.jpg.html]Image[/url]

I'm going to drop some hints about a pet-themed cake again this year! ;)
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » January 20th, 2016, 7:47 am

Haha, that's a nice cake ^^ A great match-up of pets too! They're both pretty ferocious ;)

I love the addition of the ninja turtles as well xD
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » January 20th, 2016, 10:20 am

I don't have any Blizzard merchandise to show as that has all been left behind in my international move including my original Warcraft Orcs and Humans, Warcraft II, Diablo, Diablo II, Warcraft Frozen Throne, Starcraft and Starcraft II, Vanilla WoW, Burning Crusade, WotLK, Warcraft Collectible Cards, and my figureprint of my main Salacin from WotLK. What I do have are memories and stories. Those I can still share.

Gaming has almost always been a big part of my life since I can remember. My dad was a huge board gamer and D&D fan. He taught me how to play when I was a kid. It was my gateway to the adult world. Later he moved onto being a computer geek and even wrote his own games. I fell in love with games like Ultima, Infocom, Atari games, and any dungeon crawls I could get my hands on. Later when I moved onto college, I would go down to the computer center and play games there late at night. Though D&D was my first love. I had a strong gaming group back then I even introduced my future husband to D&D in college and got him hooked. Gaming got me through some hard times.

Then I decided to rededicate myself to school and I stopped playing games as much. I didn't have time for that. I needed to focus on important things like academia and benchwork. Meanwhile, my husband had gotten a job at a computer gaming company which was a subsidiary of Blizzard's parent company. He had access to all their games a huge discounts, so while I was busy studying he would sit and play Diablo or Starcraft. Not me. I stayed focused, except we started up a role playing gaming group once every 2 weeks with his work friends. They were huge Blizzard fans and two of them had met online in Diablo and subsequently gotten married.

This lasted for many years until their gaming company got shut down. Suddenly everyone was going to move away. We had one last night together, where we all got together had BBQ hamburgers and played Diablo on their LAN all night. It was the first computer game I'd played in a while, and it reminded me of the fun I had playing computer games. We later moved away to another city, where we never got another gaming group together, nor did I have that sense of camaraderie or gaming friendship. So, when WoW came out, we jumped in to find that sense of wonder, excitement, camaraderie, and adventure together again. It replaced my D&D, and has since then. Blizzard rekindled my love of computer games for me and kept my love of adventure games. The couple that games together, stays together.... 25 years of gaming.

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » January 21st, 2016, 3:38 am

The couple that games together, stays together....
firm believer of this :)

Iibis
Pet Score:4297
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Iibis » January 22nd, 2016, 6:24 am

This is the Blizzard merchandise/CEs we have in our house. My part is to enjoy the plushies. :lol: I'm amazed none of our cats wanted to pose for the camera.

Opallena
Top Rater
Pet Score:13227
BattleTag®:Opallena#1359
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Opallena » January 22nd, 2016, 11:21 am

I honestly thought WoW was the dumbest thing ever when I first saw my dad running through Ironforge, and was the last person out of my dad and two sisters to start playing- now though I'm the only one that still plays regularly.

When Cata came out, I was in high school and my mom let me play hookey for a day to play the game (I have awesome parents).

When the MoP CE came out, I was still in college so I ended up cutting two days of classes (Thursday and Friday, plus the weekend) to power level so I could get going on dailies ASAP.

When WoD released, I was no longer in school (thank god), but I was working so I requested the whole thursday-monday off for "a family event." Felt kinda bad, since we had a 400 person holiday party that weekend, but I requested it months in advance. My sister and dad did play with me for a little bit, so it was still technically a family event :D .

Nomadking
Top Rater
Pet Score:13512
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Nomadking » January 23rd, 2016, 11:46 am

Another great contest Madja :)

I was going to post a picture of my collectors editions, art books etc, but instead wrote something more creative:
Favourite Flavour
I'm battling pets with my cheesey blind team,
Winning is awesome, but my friends say I'm mean.
They plead and they plead "won't you play something new?"
But Darkness is awesome... and Nocturnal strike too!

I queue for some fights, to see how I fair
With my cheesy blind team - pvpers beware!
Noob after noob, they rage quit in a huff,
5000 pet battles? I'll soon have enough.

But my tale isn't over, this poem's no boast
For something has countered the team I love most.
I Strike and I Dodge, my pets bold and so brave,
But my cheesy blind team simply cannot beat Graves...
Good luck everyone! :P
Last edited by Nomadking on January 24th, 2016, 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » January 23rd, 2016, 11:59 am

Madja wrote:
Khorah wrote:Quick dash back to the house.. and I was even more behind on homework.. but was exploring the world of Pandaria :D
Haha, launches tend to make us a bit desperate sometimes ;D Were you able to cancel your amazon pre-order then?
Yep.. I dont know as Amazon was happy with me.. but.. ehhh.. what can ya do ;)

Sayulita
Top Rater
Pet Score:4386
BattleTag®:Ishtar#1538
Realm:Steamwheedle Cartel-us

Post by Sayulita » January 24th, 2016, 3:40 pm

pets-wow02w.jpg
pets-wow02w.jpg (45.88KiB)Viewed 8605 times
pets-wow01w.jpg
pets-wow01w.jpg (48.88KiB)Viewed 8605 times
Yes, another great contest, Madja! Whether or not I win, I just love these contests - it is so much fun to see the answers and all the various stories from other players.

I have not collected much on the Real World server. I do have the original boxed game for a regular edition of World of Warcraft. It was given to me as a gift by a very good friend of mine not long after WoW started in May 2005 and it was my introduction to gaming. I knew nothing of games or gaming, or I'd have bought every collector's edition and shown up for every anniversary, etc. I've learned a bit since I started -grin- and have several of the collector's editions and their pets and rewards.

I also have boxed copies of the first two expansions, Burning Crusades and Wrath of the Lich King. All of the later expansions I got digitally.

One of the last times that the Wind Rider Cub and Gryphon Hatchling plushies were on the Blizz store I was able to get them both. Well, even more do I love the ingame pets that came with them to add to my pet collection.

Deviantelf
Pet Score:12827
BattleTag®:Deviantelf#1836
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Deviantelf » January 25th, 2016, 1:54 am

I don't really have any proof. But my first Blizzard game was when I was early high school, maybe even late middle school (~14 years old). My dad worked for a large world wide computer hardware company and ended up with a free beta copy of Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans. It wasn't really his thing so he gave it to me. Loads of fun. Then hundreds of hours of Diablo and Diablo 2. Which i replayed later in life, more than once for way too many hours! Generally anything that said Blizzard was great fun. Even Hearthstone, which isn't really my kinda game, was fun enough I played it for a while.

Funny thing is my husband played Warcraft: Orcs vs. Humans too. And we love the random original sounding (or original?) voices for some orc things in WoW that are right out of the 90s. The nostalgia!

I can't honestly say I love all things Blizzard (maybe I should be disqualified!), but the only Blizzard game I've played but didn't like what HotS... cause I feel like I'm back in the 90s with the style of game but better graphics and more bugs... or really one very major bug. One out of three rounds bugging out at Victory/Defeat with no xp rewarded, widely reported/complained about for a yearish... thank goodness for AFK training mode that never bugged out once or I'd have never got the pet).

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » January 25th, 2016, 4:03 am

Another great batch of collections and stories! I really love the poem as well :D

I just wanted to let everyone know, that I have realm-transferred my main, so I am now on Draenor. My name (Cooro) was already taken, so I had to change it to 'Coorish' - It doesn't really change anything, but I thought I'd let you know in case you intend to join for the /roll :)
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Yazhi
MVP
Pet Score:4810
Realm:Emerald Dream-eu

Post by Yazhi » January 25th, 2016, 4:59 am

Madja wrote:Another great batch of collections and stories! I really love the poem as well :D

I just wanted to let everyone know, that I have realm-transferred my main, so I am now on Draenor. My name (Cooro) was already taken, so I had to change it to 'Coorish' - It doesn't really change anything, but I thought I'd let you know in case you intend to join for the /roll :)
I'm offended! Three days after I move back to terenas/emerald dream you change server! Haha

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » January 25th, 2016, 9:03 am

Azaelia wrote:
Madja wrote:Another great batch of collections and stories! I really love the poem as well :D

I'm offended! Three days after I move back to terenas/emerald dream you change server! Haha
Haha, sorry! ;D
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Maylea
Pet Score:8471
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Maylea » January 26th, 2016, 12:13 pm

I have to say reading all the stories and seeing the collections has been fun. Thanks Madja for another raffle.

Let's see I don't have any RL items to show off a collection. I loved playing computer games since I was younger (not a spring chicken) :D . I started playing the original Warcraft: Orcs & Humans. When the MMORP of Warcraft came out I was just floored. My husband and I friend were hooked. I didn't start playing until a few months later (wishing now I had purchased the CE). I was such a noobie. I would collect the quests but for some reason never figured out I had to go back on turn them in.

I picked a warrior because it seems to round out our group. I tanked Molten Core and BWL. When BC came out I changed my main to a warlock and haven't turned back. I am still the only one playing. But.. I am still playing with some of my guildies from Vanilla. :shock:

Fahra
Pet Score:5102
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Fahra » January 26th, 2016, 1:08 pm

I adore WoW, and have been playing since just before Lich King hit. There are many facets of the game that I enjoy, but I particularly love the small things that they add in-game...nerdy references, the holidays, and, of course: Pepe.

I picked up the Pepe plush as soon as he was released. The noble bird has helped me through quite a lot. My mom isn't really a gamer, bless her, but she thought he was adorable both in-game and out, and has been questing in real life for hats for my Pepe plush. This is my favorite of the hats, a witchy one that she herself made for Pepe around Halloween.
Attachments
Pepe1.jpg
Second hat
Pepe1.jpg (202.99KiB)Viewed 8555 times
Like mythology? Check out my blog at mythdancer.blogspot.com, where I have a weekly discussion about everything from Mesopotamia to the pandaren religion!

Kel
Pet Score:4788
BattleTag®:TerribleTim#1747
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Kel » January 26th, 2016, 4:33 pm

Short story -
I used my grandkids as an excuse to buy the wildhammer gryphon and the windrider plushies just so I could get the codes for the pets. It was the only way my wife would let me buy them. I don't have a pic of the plushies because I had them shipped to the grandkids, who live a couple states away from us.

P.S. - I love my grandkids! :lol:
HayWire Motorsports
Tacoma, Washington
http://www.haywire-racing.com

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » January 26th, 2016, 4:50 pm

Kel wrote:Short story -
I used my grandkids as an excuse to buy the wildhammer gryphon and the windrider plushies just so I could get the codes for the pets. It was the only way my wife would let me buy them. I don't have a pic of the plushies because I had them shipped to the grandkids, who live a couple states away from us.

Haha, I did a similar thing :D Back when I got my Gryphon Hatchling I couldn't justify the price to myself. So when a family member had a baby I decided to buy it for the code, then give the baby the plushie :D
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » January 26th, 2016, 9:53 pm

Madja wrote:
Kel wrote:Short story -

Haha, I did a similar thing :D Back when I got my Gryphon Hatchling I couldn't justify the price to myself. So when a family member had a baby I decided to buy it for the code, then give the baby the plushie :D
Yea I did the same thing too. My baby nephew has both of those plushies. :D

I don't have much of a story really, but I have been playing and enjoying Blizzard games for quite some time. Warcraft 1 and 2 were fun, but when Starcraft came out it really blew my mind. A few years later and I was enjoying Warcraft 3 even more, especially the Frozen Throne expansion. I played Everquest at that time but was beginning to become bored with it, so naturally I was interested to hear that Blizzard were working on a Warcraft MMO. It turned out to be better than my expectations and so here I am - 11 years and many many hours later, still playing several days a week, collecting pets and transmog sets and just generally having fun. :D

Rengots
MVP
Pet Score:13832
BattleTag®:jamerdean#11833
Realm:Alterac Mountains-us

Post by Rengots » January 26th, 2016, 11:37 pm

First of all, I'm a high school science teacher and when my student find that i'm a gamer, their lives become much better. It's kind of funny when the gamer student start talking and I can give them pointers. I've been playing WOW since Burning Crusade and i simply love collecting pets and mounts. I got started through another teacher who bought me my first expansion. After that, it's all history. I'm one of those completists who has to have all the recipes, pets, mounts, etc. I've got 8 wow accounts now just to get the RAF pets (which i got the last one this week), and mounts.

and for your viewing pleasure, my small RL collection. lol

May your collections be full

Rengots