AFKing for Graves!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11331
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us
Re: AFKing for Graves!

Post by Ziboo » January 12th, 2016, 7:06 pm

I won't say I hate it, but I'm about 99.999999% sure once I'm at 20, I won't play again. I did use in-game gold to buy Leoric, so while he's dead I cruise around checking the scene. He's actually fun, I just hate wasting time (15-30 min per game is wasting my time!).

I can see this would be fun with a group as there is strategy involved, etc., just not my game. I'd rather be leveling pets in WoW or rolling a new character and leveling it, pvping, crafting, even grinding Tanaan crap for flying (grumble-grumble on fliers that swoop in and steal stuff from us ground-runners!), but yeah, pretty much anything else!

Noxiish
Pet Score:8643
Realm:Garrosh-us

Post by Noxiish » January 13th, 2016, 3:48 pm

After the free to play rotation switched, I had enough in game gold to buy Leoric and today, finally dinged 20! :D Graves is an evil little bugger. Couple months of slugging to 15, I managed to do 5 in just a few days. By the end, I was even actively playing a bit. Highly doubt I'll play in the future but Leoric did make it more tolerable. So glad to just finally be done with it. Good luck to everyone still doing the grind!

Edit : After logging into WoW, two Graves came out in my bags. That would absolutely wreck PvP if you could learn both. :P

Peanutty
Pet Score:9635
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Peanutty » January 13th, 2016, 5:40 pm

I didn't know about the whole AFK/training mode method so very glad to have seen this info posted and explained, as I'd pretty much figured Graves was unobtainable for me since I didn't want to play with other people (and ruin their games with my cluelessness). I've stayed within training mode and play about 50% of the match rather than AFKing completely - it's pretty easy that way to get wins.

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » January 13th, 2016, 6:25 pm

Peanutty wrote:I didn't know about the whole AFK/training mode method so very glad to have seen this info posted and explained, as I'd pretty much figured Graves was unobtainable for me since I didn't want to play with other people (and ruin their games with my cluelessness). I've stayed within training mode and play about 50% of the match rather than AFKing completely - it's pretty easy that way to get wins.
When you get to 10K gold, or if they have another sale, buy Leoric. Seriously, he's actually kinda fun to play, and you can do the AI matches, if you go AFK for a minute or two it won't hurt you. :)

I'm considering naming my Graves "Leoric" just because of that...I don't think I would have gotten him if it weren't for that hero.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11331
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » January 13th, 2016, 7:47 pm

Darolyn wrote: When you get to 10K gold, or if they have another sale, buy Leoric. Seriously, he's actually kinda fun to play, and you can do the AI matches, if you go AFK for a minute or two it won't hurt you. :)

I'm considering naming my Graves "Leoric" just because of that...I don't think I would have gotten him if it weren't for that hero.
Agree 100%. Leoric would be a perfect name. Only 11 levels to go.....

FuxieDK
Pet Score:13645
BattleTag®:FuxieDK#2678
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by FuxieDK » January 15th, 2016, 1:47 am

Cyberninja wrote:Does anyone else HATE this game? I actually paid the $4 for a one week stimpack when I was level 6. I got to level 8 and I tried to force myself to play. I'm not sure where the enjoyment comes in with Heroes of the Storm. Basically it is nothing but complete chaos. Run into battle, try and fight while watching a bunch of craziness go on, die unexpectedly without warning, respawn and repeat...hate it. Basically I wasted $4 on a stimpack because I played 2 games and said "to hell with this, I have pets to level"...argh
I hate it.. I have done two matches since DING 20.. I even, somehow, evaded helping someone in getting Cho'gal..

I hate it almost as much as I hate LoL.. I probably hate it as much ad DotA 2, but cannot say for sure, since I never managed to get past 4th tutorial map..

Noxiish
Pet Score:8643
Realm:Garrosh-us

Post by Noxiish » January 15th, 2016, 3:28 am

Peanutty wrote:I didn't know about the whole AFK/training mode method so very glad to have seen this info posted and explained, as I'd pretty much figured Graves was unobtainable for me since I didn't want to play with other people (and ruin their games with my cluelessness). I've stayed within training mode and play about 50% of the match rather than AFKing completely - it's pretty easy that way to get wins.
Just to say! There is a difference between training games and VS AI games. As far as I know, VS AI awards more exp per game, but Training might not have the same daily exp cap. Not sure, just remember it being brought up. I would recommend going for the VS AI games.
Last edited by Noxiish on January 21st, 2016, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Prohorde
Pet Score:4482
BattleTag®:Armenius#1788
Realm:Wildhammer-us

Post by Prohorde » January 16th, 2016, 5:11 am

Solstice Arena, ( from Steam Client )

it has been out so much longer than HoTs, but if you take a look at how solstice plays you'll notice that hots is just a suped up hack of the original.... u know.... like....

do i wanna buy cocoa puffs?

or

do i wanna buy cocoa roos??

both games are free to play but solstice came first and may have poorer graphics but both games are the same

Waffleiron
Pet Score:6812
Realm:Nazjatar-us

Post by Waffleiron » January 16th, 2016, 11:12 am

I will admit i afk'd training the whole way and immediately uninstalled once getting graves. Just an awful awful game. I understand why blizz does these promotions but man what a terrible game.

Aeonesti
MVP
Pet Score:5120
BattleTag®:Ducky#1198
Realm:Icecrown-us

Post by Aeonesti » January 19th, 2016, 9:30 am

<shrugs> I like this game. I think people would do a lot better playing with friends. it cuts down on the "run in and die because no one is backing me up" frustration. I played a LOT of AI matches with friends and we had a total blast. I love the team leveling mechanic instead of the individual last kill leveling in other MOBAs. I could feel like I was contributing even if I was playing Brightwing and slamming the heal button every time it was off cool down or I was on Sylvanus and running off to do the map objective instead of towers.

I definitely think that anyone looking to level up should contact others in the same boat, hop on a voice chat like TS or Vent, and play for a couple hours. You might make a new friend or two who are just as into pet collecting as you.
~Aeonesti - Goblin Priest - Peons No More - Icecrown/Malygos~

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » January 20th, 2016, 7:24 am

I agree with Aeonesti, this game can be a lot of fun if you don't go into it thinking "oh no, forced to play for a pet". Some of the chars are great to play and once you get to know the objectives it's good fun. :)
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13640
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » January 21st, 2016, 4:33 am

Cyberninja wrote:Does anyone else HATE this game? I actually paid the $4 for a one week stimpack when I was level 6. I got to level 8 and I tried to force myself to play. I'm not sure where the enjoyment comes in with Heroes of the Storm. Basically it is nothing but complete chaos. Run into battle, try and fight while watching a bunch of craziness go on, die unexpectedly without warning, respawn and repeat...hate it. Basically I wasted $4 on a stimpack because I played 2 games and said "to hell with this, I have pets to level"...argh
I started off hating this game, after grinding to level 20 for Graves had mellowed out a little to where I only dislike it a lot.

Ril
Top Rater
Pet Score:10049
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Ril » March 19th, 2016, 9:14 pm

does afk training have to be with leoric too? asking since i don't have him, gold is low, and i wont spend money on it.

(edit: sorry for necro, but it is kinda relevant)

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » March 20th, 2016, 11:33 am

On training mode, AFK is not restricted to Leoric. It's the AI matches that require your avatar to be active, and that's where Leoric makes things easier, as he remains active. AI matches give more XP,

That doesn't mean I'm advocating going AFK for Graves, but it is the answer to your question.
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3