[ENDED] Madja's 7th Raffle [Any Region]

Share pet collecting news and advice.
N0083rp00f
Pet Score:12806
Realm:Proudmoore-us
Re: Madja's 7th Raffle [Any Region]

Post by N0083rp00f » January 3rd, 2016, 11:19 am

I sure as heck am not this active on the threads, usually being a lurker at best.

This is hard since it wasn't that great a year.
WoW - Finally got serious about pets :lol:
RealLife - Survived a rollover after hitting black ice last January

WoW - Get some of those [censored] mount / pet achieves.
RealLife - Spend a bit more time with the nieces and nephews. Get my consulting business off the ground and leave the ranks of employee [yes I know that is nuts]

Lolfixheal
Pet Score:11928
Realm:Bronze Dragonflight-eu

Post by Lolfixheal » January 3rd, 2016, 1:29 pm

My greatest accomplishment if we stay pet-related would probably be having the life energy to pick leveling again. In MoP I made my own route and system of leveling, but after many months of straight 1½ hour pet dailies EVERY DAY, I gave it a break. I picked up my slack in 2015, especially when I saw improvements from Blizzard such as the pet event for 6 days with 200% XP. Its insanely much, helps those who hasn't stored up treats aswell and it keeps your sanity since its not EVERY day.

I hope for 2016 and with Legion that we get QoL improvements to battle pet scene. I think we can't escape the fact that every expansion we will just see a +100 pets and not many other changes. The system itself is build upon simplicity and ease of use. That means fixed level 25, fixed qualities and 6 ability slots. So I really don't think we will see anything in that regard. Pet breeding for WoD was scraped aswell, so I dont think we will get something deeper or newer with Legion. So atleast QoL improvements to help existing players managing their 750 pets collections and new collectors aswell. Its alot of work either way! :)

Faolin
Pet Score:3225
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Faolin » January 3rd, 2016, 3:27 pm

My WoW achievement for 2015:

Got my Challenge mode staff and armor set now ^_^

My hope for 2016 is to get back into Mythic raiding in Legion. My guild fell apart this year, so I hope I can find an awesome group of friends again once Legion comes out.

Fahra
Pet Score:5102
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Fahra » January 4th, 2016, 6:26 pm

Hello again! Thank you for yet another fun contest =)

In 2015 I:
Survived 2 surgeries (four semesters of surgeries in a row! Can I please stop breaking my own record? XD ).
Maintained a GPA above 3.75.
Found an amazing guild.
Published my second book.

In 2016 I:
Hope to finish writing three books.
Will publish my third book.
Am looking forward to raiding with my new guild!

And, as ever...must collect moar pets!!!

Looking forward to reading other peoples' responses!
Like mythology? Check out my blog at mythdancer.blogspot.com, where I have a weekly discussion about everything from Mesopotamia to the pandaren religion!

Infernis
Pet Score:9266
BattleTag®:Infernis#2883
Realm:Draenor-eu

Post by Infernis » January 4th, 2016, 9:16 pm

In Life:

I have discovered a new shop - it's called Thomas Pink. They sell colourful socks in this shop which have really turned my life around. I was never willing to experiment with socks before (mainly sticking to black but sometimes buying some grey ones as well when i was feeling wild) but now I have various socks with various patterns which have MORE THAN ONE COLOUR. It truly is an amazing experience and I can recommend it to everybody.

In WoW:

I decided to finally become a casual - thus stopped hardcore raiding and focusing fully on farming mounts/pets/toys/tabards/achivemants and etc.

Shaniel
Pet Score:6508
Realm:Pozzo dell'Eternità-eu

Post by Shaniel » January 5th, 2016, 10:13 am

Accomplished in 2015
in real life: find and buy a new home
in game: 730 unique pets (although reached 3 days ago... :D )

Hopes for 2016:
in real life: graduating CCNA and get a new job
in game: finding back my friend

Topaz
Pet Score:4045
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Topaz » January 5th, 2016, 2:18 pm

Accomplished in 2015
Game: Got bot Mountacular and So. Many. Pets. (now sitting at 669 pets)
RL: Got accepted to the school I wanted to.

Cubcho
Pet Score:8939
Realm:Area 52-us

Post by Cubcho » January 5th, 2016, 8:47 pm

i started playing wow less than a year ago so the whole of last year was new and exciting and big; best of all was finding a great guild and learning how to raid and seeing my own progress. highlight of last year was getting a guardian cub pet!
for next year i hope to catch up on lots of the last expansions that i missed and expand my pet/mount collection!

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » January 6th, 2016, 7:05 am

2015 WoW accomplishment: The RNG favoured me and I finally got the Fiery Warhorse Reins, after farming Karazhan on over 20 characters for almost a year.

Planned WoW accomplishment for 2016: Level a lot of low level chars to at least 90 before Legion comes around for maximum Artifact weapon coverage!

Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us

Post by Khorah » January 6th, 2016, 9:57 am

Madja wrote:Hi all and happy new year!
Following the feedback from my last raffle, I plan to hold an in-game get-together for the roll.
I was thinking of starting it around 9.30 PM CET with the roll being performed at 9.45. Hopefully this would allow any US players to join, if they feel like it.

Please let me know, if you would be interested in attending!
How about if we just wanna hop on and give you a /hug for doing all of these really cool raffles?? ;)

Evilpat
Pet Score:4399
Realm:Boulderfist-us

Post by Evilpat » January 6th, 2016, 10:34 am

In game: Obtained my 600th unique pet.

For 2016 I hope to move to a new city and start a new career.

Maylea
Pet Score:8510
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Maylea » January 6th, 2016, 11:09 am

Thank Madja for another awesome raffle!

Let's see 2015: I took a more casual approach to WOW. I stopped raiding with my guild and now focused on getting my ever growing pet collection even larger.

In 2016: I plan on getting my nerdie points (achievements) up and possibly working my toy and mount collections.

Felixinseattle
Pet Score:5857
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Felixinseattle » January 6th, 2016, 3:05 pm

My biggest accomplishment in 2015 is making it to 2016 after a fire took my wife and 2 baby daughters. I started playing WOW as a way to help escape some of the pain. It has been, possibly, a life saver for me. In game I have gotten my main past ilvl 715 in less than one year and collected over 500 pets.

Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu

Post by Madja » January 6th, 2016, 6:50 pm

Felixinseattle wrote:My biggest accomplishment in 2015 is making it to 2016 after a fire took my wife and 2 baby daughters. I started playing WOW as a way to help escape some of the pain.
Man... I can't even find words to express how sorry I am to hear that. That is just devastating. I hope you know that this community will always be there for you, if you're feeling down and need to talk to someone!

Have a virtual hug from me. I'm so glad that you've made it to 2016!
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Tinibree
Top Rater
Pet Score:10490
BattleTag®:Tinibree#1983
Realm:Shadowsong-us

Post by Tinibree » January 8th, 2016, 3:31 am

My biggest accomplishment from 2015 was probably NaNoWriMo, being sick the first week, and pulling an 8K day the final day with minutes to spare.

Goals for 2016, write more and not fail my first semester of college.

Lena975

Post by Lena975 » January 8th, 2016, 2:34 pm

Git into the top 4 pet collectors on every realm I'm on. Woot! Now to do pet clean up get my missing pets, brawler, tournament, raf, etc and then move on to mounts.

Rl would probably be getting healthier. Bad that it took an er visit and a couple of days in the hospital but hey whatever is clever right?

Good luck all and ty for running this!

Adumbledore
Top Rater
Pet Score:9248
BattleTag®:ADumbledore#1672
Realm:Kil'jaeden-us

Post by Adumbledore » January 10th, 2016, 10:21 am

My greatest WoW accomplishment in 2015 was definitely getting all of my pets up to level 25. That took FOREVER. lol.

In 2016, I hope to acquire as many different transmog looks as I can for when the new transmog system comes out.

Visit my pet battle blog: http://petpersuasion.wordpress.com/

Sam918
Pet Score:5780
BattleTag®:sam#19744
Realm:Echo Isles-us

Post by Sam918 » January 10th, 2016, 10:36 am

in wow, i started collecting mounts and pets. am up to 729 pets and 248 mounts.

Fahra
Pet Score:5102
Realm:Bronzebeard-us

Post by Fahra » January 12th, 2016, 2:43 pm

Tinibree wrote:My biggest accomplishment from 2015 was probably NaNoWriMo, being sick the first week, and pulling an 8K day the final day with minutes to spare.

Goals for 2016, write more and not fail my first semester of college.
Woohoo, another NaNoWriMo person! Congrats on finishing it. I feel your pain, my first NaNoWriMo I started a week late. Completing the challenge was hard, but in some ways it felt so much sweeter because of my circumstances.
I wish you the best of luck this year!

(I'm not sure what you plan to do with your book. If you'd like to go the self-publishing route, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have - it's what I did. Battletag is Natasha#1870. Feel free to hit me up!)
Like mythology? Check out my blog at mythdancer.blogspot.com, where I have a weekly discussion about everything from Mesopotamia to the pandaren religion!

Gráinne
Pet Score:13284
Realm:Magtheridon-eu

Post by Gráinne » January 13th, 2016, 1:17 am

I'll stick to pets, since enough happened there.

My accomplishment for 2015 was shaping my roster of pets.

In March, I had about 550 unique pets and 920 pets in total. An awful lot of it was a mess of rabbits, snakes (Why'd it have to be Snakes?), squirrels, of various qualities and breeds and levels, left over from chasing Zookeeper.

Over the course of a few months, I examined all pets by moveset, obtaining or keeping what I considered the best breed of each, capturing, stoning, levelling. Where there are many species with the same moveset, I kept the best, but also a spread of other stats for each moveset.

I now have 685 unique level 25 Blues with the stats I want on each. It was a long grind, and sometimes tedious, but I'm a bit sad that I have no reason to go out into the world and find more. (But NO, I'm not going to release and start again! :P)

In 2016, I'm going to get Trainer.

This promises to be a more tedious grind than the roster development, and without the satisfaction and the pleasure of flying all round Azeroth revisiting the places I love, but I'm already halfway there, so my resolution is to do at least the 10 wins quest each week, which will get me there by year's end!