EU Pets, utterly ridiculous!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
DaveNZ
MVP
Pet Score:10803
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us
EU Pets, utterly ridiculous!

Post by DaveNZ » January 3rd, 2016, 7:15 am

Yeah, just whinging here, but it's so imbalanced to let EU players get 2 extra pets and have them compete with us (total pet count). Sort it out Blizzard, add the 2 pets in like you did with Lurki... The Gurky and Lurky murloc pets on EU, unobtainable on US servers.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Re: EU Pets, utterly ridiculous!

Post by Shingetsu » January 3rd, 2016, 7:13 pm

To be fair Gurky is unavailable for most EU people, too.
And Lurky is super expansive, because it's kind of limited supply.
Also look at all those asian event reward pets.
I'd rather make them no more pets available to only 1 region then making even more of them.

DaveNZ
MVP
Pet Score:10803
Realm:Khaz'goroth-us

Post by DaveNZ » January 4th, 2016, 1:21 am

As for expensive pets, people who collected Murky are fine with that. What we aren't fine with, is extra pets available to other regions, who then "compete" against those they have the advantage over. The Chinese region has a few extra over even the EU yes, but we don't see China mixed in with the rest on sites like this one (the biggest/best as far as I know) and all other pet fan sites.

I'd rather they give everyone access to all regions pets, but still keep them as exclusive as they are now. Serious pet collectors are ok with expensive, hard to get pets. It just does my head in to put 110% in, and still see the EU people here 2 pets ahead of me.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13661
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » January 6th, 2016, 2:20 pm

As an EU player, Gurky is not a pet I am EVER going to have, to the extent that it might as well not be available to me.

And Lurky wasn't just released for the hell of it, he was an apology for a very legitimate stuff-up on Blizzards part, which affected a large part of the player base. It was never a case of "oh lets just give EU a pet to make US jealous".

Even though I'm slightly obsessive in my pet collecting, pets that are available in other regions but not mine, like the China pets, don't really bother me (though I certainly wouldn't turn them down!).