HotS Winter event

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu
HotS Winter event

Post by Graven » December 28th, 2015, 7:00 pm

It might be a bit late, but thought I would post this as a heads-up for anyone else who doesn't have [pet]Graves[/pet] yet.

Heroes of the Storm's version of Winter Veil is currently on, and gives you a free 4-day stimpack (double xp) for playing 15 games, and a 10-day stimpack for playing 50 games during the event. Along with the stimpack that you get for reaching player level 10, this should be a big help towards earning that sweet pet.

Not sure when the event ends, but if it's the same as WoW's you have until Saturday morning.

Dakaf
MVP
Pet Score:6003
BattleTag®:Dakaf#1332
Realm:Dawnbringer-us

Re: HotS Winter event

Post by Dakaf » December 29th, 2015, 5:55 pm

From the HotS site:
Update: Greatfather Winter has declared that Winter Veil will conclude on January 12, 2016.
A few games a day will go a long way to getting you graves. The stimpacks are awesome for experience. Also, if you're grouped with someone on your friends list, you get an additional 50% experience.

I only play the vs. AI right now, but groups are quick, and games are generally in the 15 minute range. If you prefer to play solo, click the vs. AI, and in the bottom left corner, check the box that offers AI teammates. This game can be paused at any time. I use this mode when I am learning the heroes and honestly, when waiting for pizza delivery. :lol:
<Kings and Queens> Alliance on Dawnbringer
-pet collecting OCD

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » December 29th, 2015, 6:43 pm

Dakaf wrote:From the HotS site:
Update: Greatfather Winter has declared that Winter Veil will conclude on January 12, 2016.
A few games a day will go a long way to getting you graves. The stimpacks are awesome for experience. Also, if you're grouped with someone on your friends list, you get an additional 50% experience.

I only play the vs. AI right now, but groups are quick, and games are generally in the 15 minute range. If you prefer to play solo, click the vs. AI, and in the bottom left corner, check the box that offers AI teammates. This game can be paused at any time. I use this mode when I am learning the heroes and honestly, when waiting for pizza delivery. :lol:
You can PAUSE it? You mean...I didn't HAVE to get kicked out of my almost won game because a customer came into the office and I had to shove my laptop under the desk???? Must...Find...Pause....
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » December 30th, 2015, 6:51 am

You can pause it if you're playing offline (against computer AI).

Souji
Pet Score:4346
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Souji » December 30th, 2015, 9:34 pm

I got graves back at launch, but if you're looking to grind it out I have a few suggestions. This is advice for people, like me, who aren't really fans of this genre, but just want to grind out Graves with as little pain as possible (for you and the other players).

So, my advice is simple - play LiLi against other humans. Why LiLI? First, she's a healer. So all you have to do is pick someone who looks like they know what to do and follow them around. And all her heals are smart heals - you don't have to target anything. So follow someone around and mash buttons when you can and you're at least minimally useful. The only thing she has that you even can target is the dragon, and that's your least useful spell anyway.

Why against other humans? Simple - the xp is a lot better. Your xp is based on the level you reach, with a bonus for winning, and playing against humans gives more per level. Also, you tend to reach a higher level against other humans, so it's more efficient both ways. And don't ever give up on a game - taking the extra two minutes and gaining another level or two is always worth it.

Hootstwo
Top Rater
Pet Score:4328
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Hootstwo » December 31st, 2015, 9:49 am

Don't recall who posted it on here but bless them for doing it - You can AFK in training mode and still get experience. Took me about 2 days of AFK to get to level 20 from level 4 (where I'd thrown in the towel playing it otherwise). You need to check about every 15 minutes or so and restarted another game.

Thank goodness for this strategy otherwise I'd never have Graves!