Battle Pet Tamers: Eastern Kingdoms

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us
Battle Pet Tamers: Eastern Kingdoms

Post by Mathew013 » December 18th, 2012, 7:49 pm

Anyone else NOT able to get this daily anymore?

I used to do both Battle Pet Tamers: Eastern Kingdoms, AND Battle Pet Tamers: Kalimdor. But for the last 2 weeks, all I can get is the Kalimdor one.

I've beaten all the trainers, got all the achieves, yadda yadda and so forth. Also, every trainer in EK WILL give me a daily quest, so doesn't that mean I've beat them all, therefore Battle Pet Tamers: Eastern Kingdoms SHOULD be available?

Yes, I've submitted a ticket, and 2 days later I get a cryptic reply to check Wowhead. Mhmm, 'kay, thanks - that didn't help.
Am I missing anything here?

Rhett
Pet Score:4243
Realm:Mazrigos-eu

Re: Battle Pet Tamers: Eastern Kingdoms

Post by Rhett » December 18th, 2012, 9:08 pm

As of my faction change (Horde > Alliance) - all of my tamer quests have gone buggy.
Originally - I could only get Outlands on my Horde - ok, makes sense somewhat, I hadn't yet defeated Major Payne.
Then my alliance finally got Major Payne, Cata zones, Pandaria zones, and all Spirit Tamers...
Next I could ONLY get Northrend, Cata, and Pandaria Tamer chains.. on my horde.
*Now* all of my tamer quests are missing on every single character (account I know..).

In all - I have not been able to do a single pet tamer chain through my main, alliance char - I've had to get a Horde to grab what was there.
And I have NOT found E.Kingdoms or Kalimdor once since my faction change; Outlands and above once.

2 attempts at help awarded me with:
1. "When you change factions some quests reset..." - Since I already knew that, and stated that, that was of no help.
2. "GM are not permitted to offer quest tips or cheats... Here is a list of websites we use for information..." - Since I in no way asked about tips or cheats, but rather tried getting help on confirming it IS a bug.. that was no help.

What have I tried...
1. Obtaining the quests on Horde and Alliance.
2. Knocking the chains back in by leveling a new pet on a new character.
3. Looking for solutions online and found no results (yet) with others having this issue.

And it's been approx the same amount of time as you, two weeks.
I hope a reset will fix this.. I can only go to SOME tamers manually (Outlands had no dailies for me without the chain daily) and I lose out on gold, XP, and a satchel this way.

Sorry my post provided no solutions - but was meant rather to say you aren't alone in the whole thing. :cry:

Mathew013
MVP
Pet Score:3694
Realm:Ghostlands-us

Post by Mathew013 » December 18th, 2012, 10:05 pm

Thanks for the reply, Rhett.

It's funny you mention faction-swapping, I did that recently, but missing the EK continent daily was an issue BEFORE the swap.
I don't know if it's compounded the problem or what.

So, I've ran the entire chain with my main, started at the gal with the snakes outside of Goldshire, and progressed through every single trainer in the EK. Strangely, I did get 3 versions of "Return to Audrey Burnhep." eventually - I ended up with these 3 quests all at the same time!

End result is I lose out on nabbing a sack per day, and the ability to battle the 5 trainers twice (for the xp).

Only thing I can think of is to battle every single trainer (even the horde ones) with one character (which will mean getting the quest from a horde toon, and completing it on my ally toon).

The irritating part is, this doesn't seem like it's my 'fault'. Having read the reply to my ticket gave me the impression that it was.

Gromagrim
Pet Score:12896
Realm:Silvermoon-eu

Post by Gromagrim » December 19th, 2012, 9:45 am

I'm Alliance main, but I have a level 80 Horde on a pvp server, and I've found a lot of possible bugs.

Currently my main has done the whole quest chain and does all the tamers daily. The horde has completed the kalimdor chain but nothing more.

When I completed the outland/northrend chain, I got two completes each time, as I had both alliance and horde versions in my log, but only for the general tamers, not the master tamer quest.

Now, I'll occasionally get the original 'beat all tamers' quests again when I'm in orgrimmar, I'm not complaining because it's an extra bag each time it happens, and I can complete the quests on any character (the Orc trainer pops up for me to hand it in - quite strange when I'm a Dwarf!)

Rhett
Pet Score:4243
Realm:Mazrigos-eu

Post by Rhett » December 19th, 2012, 11:07 am

Can safely say that as of reset..
2 Alliance / 2 Horde - and not a single one has quest to be obtained. Eastern Kingdoms, Kalimdor, Outlands, Northrend, Cataclysm, Pandaria - every single one is missing. :cry:

Oldguy
Pet Score:2077
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Oldguy » December 20th, 2012, 3:34 pm

I'm still kind of a 'newbie,' but I expected that Blizzard, Wowhead, and all the rest of the Battle-pet related content on sites (including this one!) would be able to tell me where I can find the Battle Pet Trainer in Arathi Highlands. I have a quest listed, but cannot locate a map with a 'dot' or any info on how to do the quest.

This is absurd. Every topic post I've clicked on at Blizzard's forums related to Battle Pet Trainers/Eastern Kingdoms has resulted in a "Error 404 - Page not found!" And, it's Blizzard's forums for a product they created. Wowhead has no section at all on Eastern Kingdoms that I could find. Nothing on a Trainer in Arathi Highlands! I have tried for several hours in a variety of places, but I can't find any information on how to find and compete against that trainer. :?

Erian
Pet Score:2435
Realm:Kil'jaeden-eu

Post by Erian » December 20th, 2012, 3:39 pm

My memory might fail me but ... I don't think there is a trainer in Arathi? :D

The [url=http://www.bubblesofmischief.com/2012/07/19/pet-tamers/]Bubble of Mischief-Website[/url] helped me finding all those trainers - especially after the first time when you don't have a quest to follow anymore.
Via "Pet Battles" you can find all contintents with all their tamers. To locate them on the map just use wowhead with their name. :)

Hellomynameis
Pet Score:2162
Realm:Shattered Hand-eu

Post by Hellomynameis » December 20th, 2012, 6:30 pm

Oldguy wrote:tell me where I can find the Battle Pet Trainer in Arathi Highlands. I have a quest listed, but cannot locate a map with a 'dot' or any info on how to do the quest.
He is alliance only, and is located in that alliance camp in the dump in the middle-ish of the map. He should be close to the flight path.

All this is just taken from memory, so I hope you find him. :)

Oldguy
Pet Score:2077
Realm:Malfurion-us

Post by Oldguy » December 20th, 2012, 7:59 pm

In reply to a portion of my own topic which I posted earlier today, I have to clarify a mistake I made.

Reference: When I said "...the Battle Pet Trainer in Arathi Highlands. I have a quest listed, but cannot locate a map with a 'dot' or any info on how to do the quest."

I found out that for that particular quest all I had to do was merely capture a pet from each of the Eastern Kingdom zones listed. I guess I was confused by the quest's title, which included the words "Pet Tamer." I had been looking for a Pet Tamer! Geeesh. Sorry, but at this moment I don't recall the exact name of the quest. Anyway, that issue is solved.

Thanks for your replies. Much appreciated!

Cymre
MVP
Pet Score:13607
Realm:Dath'Remar-us

Post by Cymre » October 11th, 2013, 10:10 pm

Erian wrote:My memory might fail me but ... I don't think there is a trainer in Arathi? :D

The [url=http://www.bubblesofmischief.com/2012/07/19/pet-tamers/]Bubble of Mischief-Website[/url] helped me finding all those trainers - especially after the first time when you don't have a quest to follow anymore.
Via "Pet Battles" you can find all contintents with all their tamers. To locate them on the map just use wowhead with their name. :)
Thx for the link Erian. I just noticed some traffic from this topic today.
You've prompted me to go back and update this 'Starter pet battle' post to reflect the latest changes (mainly images) since it was written :)
Blogger, YouTuber and Pet Tamer

Catar
Realm:Doomhammer-us

Post by Catar » February 12th, 2016, 1:31 pm

i dont know what to do i have over 600 pets do my dailies in garrison alot of 25lvl decided i was goin to do achievment but i find no quest even went back to goldshire cant find any . i dont know where to start .

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » February 12th, 2016, 3:23 pm

Catar wrote:i dont know what to do i have over 600 pets do my dailies in garrison alot of 25lvl decided i was goin to do achievment but i find no quest even went back to goldshire cant find any . i dont know where to start .
Maybe you left the quest mid-way through. You should check your achievement progress, see which ones you completed, and then just continue from there.

EDIT: From Armory, assuming you're [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/doomhammer/Catar/achievement#15117:a6603]this Catar from Doomhammer-US[/url] then you've done two, last one being Old MacDonald (in Westfall). Try talking to him to see if he gives you the follow-up quest, otherwise check Lindsay in Redridge.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Catar

Post by Catar » February 12th, 2016, 3:33 pm

ty vakeetah ill try that

Ranok
MVP
Pet Score:13632
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Ranok » February 12th, 2016, 3:51 pm

Catar wrote:i dont know what to do i have over 600 pets do my dailies in garrison alot of 25lvl decided i was goin to do achievment but i find no quest even went back to goldshire cant find any . i dont know where to start .
This quest is account-wide and isn't a daily, if any of your characters ever did it in the past you can't get it again. Check to see if your account shows it as completed:

/run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(31902)) (for Alliance)

/run print(IsQuestFlaggedCompleted(31903)) (for Horde)

It's made even more confusing by having essentially the same quest for both Alliance and Horde but with different Quest ID's and completing it for one faction locks you out of getting it again on the other. All my Alliance guys show that they've done it, the Horde ones show they haven't, but neither can get the quest again.

OP that started this thread was back in 2012, quest may have been a Daily then and gotten changed.

Catar

Post by Catar » February 12th, 2016, 6:44 pm

ty vakeetah u were right very smart of u when back to old mcdonald he gave me quest then went to linsay and so on ty again

Catar

Post by Catar » February 12th, 2016, 6:45 pm

and i am catar in doomhammer

Catar

Post by Catar » February 12th, 2016, 6:46 pm

im happy happy happy :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » February 12th, 2016, 7:09 pm

Catar wrote:ty vakeetah u were right very smart of u when back to old mcdonald he gave me quest then went to linsay and so on ty again
Glad that it worked, but I really can't take credit for anything :p We have these sorts of question pop up in the EU forums from time to time, so I sort of defaulted to achievement checking (which I first learnt from Grainne) :)

Personally, since this is a common issue, I think Blizzard should have added a copy of the quest chain to the Pet Trainers in major cities (Orgrimmar and Stormwind) to pick up where you left... but that's besides the point.

Glad that it worked, and that you're on your way to dominating the achievement! :D
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!