Brace yourselves, Snowy Owl is coming.

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu
Brace yourselves, Snowy Owl is coming.

Post by Paladance » December 20th, 2015, 5:55 am

[pet]Snowy Owl[/pet]
Breeds: P/B (1384/273/305), S/B (1384/257/322), B/B (1400/260/309)

I'm never sure when exactly it starts to appear -- if there is a fixed date, a date picked up each year according to specific calendar or just the longest night is chosen.

Myself, I was told that winter usually starts with 22nd Dec; it probably depends on the country (not counting the leap years and hemispheres :P) as I've seen the 21st Dec as common date aswell.

Anyway, it's soon. Good luck! Don't forget about Grand Master Trixxy who is here too. :)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Brace yourselves, Snowy Owl is coming.

Post by Quintessence » December 20th, 2015, 11:54 am

Paladance wrote: I'm never sure when exactly it starts to appear -- if there is a fixed date, a date picked up each year according to specific calendar or just the longest night is chosen.
Best way I determine when it will start spawning: Google search "when does winter start [XX year] northern hemisphere" and the result should be at the very top of the results page. :)

For 2015 the Snowy Owl should start spawning December 21!
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » December 20th, 2015, 4:43 pm

woo! last pet I need to catch a different breed of, I've been waiting for this!

Basic100s
Pet Score:2540
Realm:Wildhammer-us

Post by Basic100s » December 21st, 2015, 12:07 pm

Snowy owl is up right now, just captured my first one

Wildhammer-US

Cardee
Top Rater
Pet Score:13784
Realm:Lightbringer-us

Post by Cardee » December 21st, 2015, 8:18 pm

I was fortunate enough to catch a snowy owl in my preferred breed two winters ago, back when I didn't even know about breeds. Last winter I never saw any wild snowy owls, and every time I went into Winterspring, people are talking about hunting for them. Maybe this year I'll get lucky. I just want to go wild snowy owl-watching. xD

N0083rp00f
Pet Score:12512
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by N0083rp00f » December 28th, 2015, 2:27 pm

Might as well chime in.

I spent an hour or two the previous evening hunting down any and all critters and the only feather I saw were of the tin variety.
This morning I got up early enough and found two withing 5 minute, of poor quality, and then nothing for the hour following.

This pet is of the annoying to find variety due to shared spawn and being spread over such a large zone.

Saviya
Pet Score:11609
BattleTag®:Saviya#1875
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Saviya » December 28th, 2015, 2:31 pm

My best suggestions is realm hopping. My home realm, Hyjal, is high pop and was swarming with people. I hopped to Quel'thalas and found the breed I wanted as well as 4 more for friends within 10 minutes, and that included waiting for them to get to me. Happy hunting!

GrosBonda
Pet Score:10429
BattleTag®:Grosbonda#1406
Realm:Arygos-us

Post by GrosBonda » December 29th, 2015, 1:55 pm

Saviya wrote:My best suggestions is realm hopping. My home realm, Hyjal, is high pop and was swarming with people. I hopped to Quel'thalas and found the breed I wanted as well as 4 more for friends within 10 minutes, and that included waiting for them to get to me. Happy hunting!
agree that's the best way to invest the time on....

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 21st, 2016, 1:31 am

I guess I can gently bump this, considering that there is nothing new to add. :)

Welcome back, Snowy Owl!

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 22nd, 2016, 7:27 am

Hi,

Draka was over run by militants and religious anythings in the Winterspring area, yesterday.

I'll get it later, probably late at night, when the goon'ery an d folks saying they will pay 10K if you find one and let them have it ... for me, the whole of the quest is done with the exception of that stupid, worthless and I'll likely never use it again, Pet Owl! With some poor/old stats, I bet!
Last edited by Uduwudu on December 24th, 2016, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Edmuir
Pet Score:4542
Realm:Nesingwary-us

Post by Edmuir » December 22nd, 2016, 5:58 pm

Other than completionists, is there really any reason to get more than one? I just gave it a precursory glance and in a world of Teroclaw & Yellow Moths, I'm not seeing a home for this beautiful model. Took me about 3 complete circuits through Winterspring (Nessingwary) at various times of day yesterday to find the single spawn late last night. Caged it and I'm just not seeing much of a reason to go back for the other 2 breeds.

Also, Draka, cool. One of my friends talked me into rolling a hordie there.

Uduwudu
Pet Score:11571
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Uduwudu » December 22nd, 2016, 6:32 pm

Edmuir wrote: ... I'm not seeing a home for this beautiful model. ...

It probably is an updated model from the past, which would be nice, but in the end, this is just a game of pretty toys for you and I and the girls and ladies?

... weird ... if you ask me!
Edmuir wrote: ...
Also, Draka, cool. One of my friends talked me into rolling a hordie there.
Uduwudu/Hipgnosis/Moshkita/Khontarkhoz and Canaxis and my friend with Chongie. Level 25 guild that was left off the map when the owner quit the game, and my Shammie was the next in line in Achievements, and got the guild by default. It was Level 15 at that time, and we took it to the top. Doesn't seem to be that important today I guess.

As for getting the pet, I do not chase this in the American servers ... I do it on the Brazilian servers (4 hour difference) and they have less than half the number of players in America and it is a lot easier to grab something like the Minfernal that was just horrible 6 months ago. (It's been changed since). The Snowy Owl completes the whole achievement for me. And I get to brush up no meu portugues que eu esqueci!

FAIT ACOMPLI! Merry Christmas to me, it seems