[ENDED] Madja's Six Friendly Raffle - Charity Edition

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Madja
MVP
Pet Score:8947
Realm:Argent Dawn-eu
[ENDED] Madja's Six Friendly Raffle - Charity Edition

Post by Madja » December 10th, 2015, 11:38 pm

With a ton of birthday presents, Christmas gifts, subscription renewals and game sales I really shouldn't be doing another raffle right now, but seeing how there's a timed opportunity for charity I'll be doing it anyways ^^ Unfortunately this means that the January raffles will have fairly small prizes.

I've been looking to get some feedback on how you'd like my raffles to be, so I figured I'd make this one a win-win-win kind of thing. A win for Make-a-Wish because they get money, a win for you because you get a pet and a win for me because I get useful information :D

So... let's get to it.

The prize for this raffle will be a bunch of Brightpaws
For every 10 entries I will give away a Brightpaw - with a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10! So this is probably your best shot at winning something in my raffles :)

How to enter:

Please answer the following survey and post it to this thread. You will then be assigned a number. Multiple /rolls will be performed in-game once the raffle is over. The winners will be whoever were assigned the numbers rolled.
(Only one prize per entry)
Raffle feedback:

Prizes:

Would you prefer that the prizes be only pet related or would you like to see things such as mounts or TCG toys as well?

Would you prefer to see bigger prizes in longer raffles or to have smaller prizes in short raffles? Maybe a mix of both?

How would you feel if some raffles had region specific prizes? (Mainly Collector's Editions)

Activity:

Some people are unable to post screenshots - either because of post count or they don't know how to. Would you prefer that there be no raffles requiring screenshots?

It's important to me that the raffle be open to anyone, but it might to be fun to do some creative things. How would you like it if you were required to create something in order to gain entry? (This could be poems, drawings, songs - you name it! (please do!))

Some might not want to do anything special in order to enter. Would you prefer a raffle that simply required you to reply to the thread for entry?

I've tried a few different activities for my raffles so far. This includes trivia, screenshots, games and creating a pet. Which kind did you enjoy the most? Are there any type that you do not want to see again?

Would you prefer that activities always be pet related? Other subjects might be lore, toys, mounts etc. It would always be Warcraft related, though!

Some raffles require people to perform a certain challenge or achievement in order to enter. What are you feelings on this?

Misc.:

Would you be interested in joining in-game me for the /roll and, possibly hang out a bit, if this was made a possibility? (EU server)

Are you okay with the currently fairly loose restrictions on entry or would you prefer to see harsher rules in order to prevent double entry?

It was suggested to me that I post about my raffles on the WoW forums. This would most likely bring a great amount of people to the site, but would also reduce your chance of winning. How are your feelings on this?

Any other comments that you wish to make to my raffle? Things that I have forgotten about?
EDIT: It would probably be good if you could do something to make your answers stand out. Either put it in bold or underline it, or seperate it by an empty line. Anything that will make it easier to read! :) Thanks!

Rules:

To be qualified for entry your account must have been created prior to September 2015 or have at least 10 posts.

Only one entry per person.

All entries must be submitted by Thursday, December 24th, at 10 PM CET.
Hopefully I will then be able to give you a nice Brightpaw on Boxing Day :)

Good luck all!
Last edited by Madja on December 24th, 2015, 5:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Screenshot Upload Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15596

Madja
MVP

Re: Madja's Six Friendly Raffle - Charity Edition (Any regio

Post by Madja » December 10th, 2015, 11:39 pm

Entries so far:

#1 Faolin
#2 Salus
#3 Paladance
#4 Kalium
#5 Maylea
#6 Lynara
#7 Peterc
#8 Vialupin
#9 Merana
#10 Milotha
#11 Thatasrail
#12 Shingetsu
#13 Darolyn
#14 Vakeetah
#15 Infernis
#16 Az190
#17 Saviya
#18 Iibis
#19 Evilpat
#20 Lexicon
#21 Muddgrayfox
#22 Topaz
#23 Foxxon
#24 Malekith
#25 Selae
Last edited by Madja on December 23rd, 2015, 5:59 pm, edited 21 times in total.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Faolin
Pet Score:3225
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Faolin » December 11th, 2015, 1:43 am

Raffle feedback:

Prizes:

Would you prefer that the prizes be only pet related or would you like to see things such as mounts or TCG toys as well?
I personally like the pet related prizes :3 But I wouldn't tell someone to not get together with the community and not to be generous enough to give out any prize they'd like!

Would you prefer to see bigger prizes in longer raffles or to have smaller prizes in short raffles?
Maybe a mix of both? A mix up is never bad!

How would you feel if some raffles had region specific prizes? (Mainly Collector's Editions)
I'd be bummed if they weren't US, but having a give away at all, regardless of region, is pretty awesome :)

Activity:

Some people are unable to post screenshots - either because of post count or they don't know how to. Would you prefer that there be no raffles requiring screenshots?
I think they're fun! I'm enjoying seeing the mini-me screenshots from other people so far :P So I would like to see them stick around!

It's important to me that the raffle be open to anyone, but it might to be fun to do some creative things. How would you like it if you were required to create something in order to gain entry? (This could be poems, drawings, songs - you name it! (please do!)) -
Oh gosh, I'm not that creative. But I do like the idea of having to do something in game! I really liked the idea of the mini-me event. I'd love to see more things like that :)

Some might not want to do anything special in order to enter. Would you prefer a raffle that simply required you to reply to the thread for entry?
Doesn't seem as fun as providing a task for us to do. Especially since the prizes are wicked! Make us work for it! Haha.

I've tried a few different activities for my raffles so far. This includes trivia, screenshots, games and creating a pet. Which kind did you enjoy the most? Are there any type that you do not want to see again?
I haven't been around too long, so I've only participated in a few. I loved both (countering the above poster's pet, and the Mini-me screenshot). I think the mini-me one was more fun as it let us get a bit more creative!

Would you prefer that activities always be pet related? Other subjects might be lore, toys, mounts etc. It would always be Warcraft related, though!
OOoooooOoooh, I would like activities with lore and mounts!

Some raffles require people to perform a certain challenge or achievement in order to enter. What are you feelings on this? Love it!

Misc.:

Would you be interested in joining in-game me for the /roll and, possibly hang out a bit, if this was made a possibility? (EU server)
I'd really like to get together with other like-minded people! Might be hard with timezones to organize these in game (So I would hope winners wouldn't be based on who could be there in-game at the time) but I would like it.

Are you okay with the currently fairly loose restrictions on entry or would you prefer to see harsher rules in order to prevent double entry?
I didn't know it was an issue. But I would hope everyone would play fair and that the head of the contest would try to make it as fair as possible!

It was suggested to me that I post about my raffles on the WoW forums. This would most likely bring a great amount of people to the site, but would also reduce your chance of winning. How are your feelings on this?
People on the Pet forums don't know about Warcraftpets yet? Haha, but really, the more the merrier :)

Any other comments that you wish to make to my raffle? Things that I have forgotten about?
As a new person, I don't think so! But hopefully with more time being here, I'll be able to give more feedback eventually!

I hope I did this correctly, as I would LOVE a Brightpaw on boxing day! Good luck to all the entrants!

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » December 11th, 2015, 2:09 am

Faolin wrote:

I'd really like to get together with other like-minded people! Might be hard with timezones to organize these in game (So I would hope winners wouldn't be based on who could be there in-game at the time) but I would like it.
Don't worry, the winners would not be picked purely among those present! I would still use the list posted on the forums. It would simply be an opportunity for the community to get together for a small chat and some fun :)

Faolin wrote: Are you okay with the currently fairly loose restrictions on entry or would you prefer to see harsher rules in order to prevent double entry?
I didn't know it was an issue. But I would hope everyone would play fair and that the head of the contest would try to make it as fair as possible!
I don't think it is an issue. That's what great about the community here - everyone seem so honest :) But just in case anyone is worried that it is an issue then I'd be willing to listen to suggestions on how to prevent it!

Thanks for the feedback! :)
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Deviantelf
Pet Score:12827
BattleTag®:Deviantelf#1836
Realm:Dalaran-us

Post by Deviantelf » December 11th, 2015, 3:28 am

*** Don't count me for the raffle, I've already got Brightpaw! *** But wanted to give feedback.

Raffle feedback:

Prizes:

Would you prefer that the prizes be only pet related or would you like to see things such as mounts or TCG toys as well? I think it's awesome to have any prize, a lot of pet collectors I know in game also collect mounts and would like TCG stuff (toys/pets/whatever) but don't want to/can't/have better priorities than to pay for it.

Would you prefer to see bigger prizes in longer raffles or to have smaller prizes in short raffles? Maybe a mix of both?
I think the mix is idea, but I think more effort for the big prizes is fair.

I feel you're giving stuffs away, even if it's out of my region, it's awesome you're doing it.
Activity:

I don't think it's unreasonable to learn how to post a screen shot, especially with free trusted hosting like Imgur. I feel I could go either way on requiring them, like if you've enough posts too, then do so... but even so a person can post a link to an image (like on Imgur).

It's important to me that the raffle be open to anyone, but it might to be fun to do some creative things. How would you like it if you were required to create something in order to gain entry? (This could be poems, drawings, songs - you name it! (please do!))Well, it's still open to anyone who wants to participate! Anyone could give it a go, even if it's not great.

Some might not want to do anything special in order to enter. Would you prefer a raffle that simply required you to reply to the thread for entry? While giving away stuff is super nice, it seems more fun when there's at least a "answer this question" at least... even if it's a simple one.

I've thought the variety is fun, even if I don't want to put the effort in! I can't say there's anything I wouldn't want to see again.

I do feel like the activities should be pet related.

Some raffles require people to perform a certain challenge or achievement in order to enter. What are you feelings on this?
I feel it's your raffle, however unless it's a pet related achievement, I don't really like the idea.
Misc.:

Would you be interested in joining in-game me for the /roll and, possibly hang out a bit, if this was made a possibility? (EU server) I would if I were on EU!!!

Are you okay with the currently fairly loose restrictions on entry or would you prefer to see harsher rules in order to prevent double entry? It's hard because some like my husband rarely post (doesn't have much time, would rather play the game, but has an account). I think your first couple raffles he was disappointed at the time (account by x date) but didn't feel it was unreasonable. I feel an account here for X days, viewable on Armory is reasonable.

Meh, while I'd love to have stuff, it's awesome seeing someone get it, I don't mind.

Ultimately I feel like you're the one giving things away and taking time to do so! Whatever you do is awesome. If I never get anything, you're still awesome! And made several people happy! Did I mention you're awesome? Cause you are.

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Salus » December 11th, 2015, 6:24 am

Raffle feedback:

Prizes:
Personally, I have no preference. In my experience, pet people tend to collect mounts as well (although not vice-versa)
I like monthly, just feels right.

This doesn't bother me at all.
Activity:
This last one especially has had a lot of creative screenshots. I continue to enjoy looking through that thread. I'd even like to see videos/gifs.
It's important to me that the raffle be open to anyone, but it might to be fun to do some creative things. How would you like it if you were required to create something in order to gain entry? (This could be poems, drawings, songs - you name it! (please do!))
That would be interesting, it would probably make me less likely to participate. But I'd like to see the results.
I think that's not useful now, but if you open up to the Wow Forums crowd, you might want to switch to something like that. The sheer volume will get overwhelming at a certain number of people (maybe 1000). I don't know if you have anything planned for Christmas, but you could try a 48 hour raffle that's just active for the day (all 24 hours Xmas day from Japan to Hawaii)
I think this month's is my favorite so far (I've only been participating maybe the last couple months), I've really enjoyed the screenshots.
Same as above, pet collectors seem to collect many things.

This is not a problem.
Misc.:
N/A
I don't see it as a problem

I don't think the forum format will be enough to handle that number of people. You might consider a website or something? Email address or Battletag might become a requirement.

I feel like (sorry if I'm reading into this too much) you're worried about the vocal minority. I know it's the Internet, and sometimes those are the only people you hear, but you're doing a raffle. You are spending your own time and money to do something nice for the community. I don't think you should have to apologize for that.

You sure are swell to do these raffles.

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » December 11th, 2015, 7:24 am

Thanks for the feedback and the kind words both of you!
Salus wrote:Any other comments that you wish to make to my raffle? Things that I have forgotten about?
I feel like (sorry if I'm reading into this too much) you're worried about the vocal minority. I know it's the Internet, and sometimes those are the only people you hear, but you're doing a raffle. You are spending your own time and money to do something nice for the community. I don't think you should have to apologize for that.
Don't worry! I'm certainly not worried about anything! :) I just want the raffles to be as fun as they can be :D I've only heard good things about them so far (who wouldn't think free stuff is good!), but if I can make them even better then I'd love to do that :)

My goal with doing the raffles is to do something to bring this lovely community together and make some people happy. It's also a nice way for me to talk community too :D
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » December 11th, 2015, 9:49 am

Hi! I'm not familiar with all your raffles, but nevertheless, thank you for that wonderful project!

• The variety doesn't bother me, though I'm afraid that in this case you will be no longer allowed to use these fora as your broadcast channel. :( I'd like to also see a permission to set the reward type priority.
  • I think that the prizes' size can vary as long as they're generous in quantity. According to this, I don't mind if you give yourself some time to make things up! ;)
  • As long as things are balanced (each(?) region has their prizes) it's fine. Just don't make the separate raffles because the fun itself is also important -- for everyone!
  • As one of the contenders suggested, images can be uploaded into the external websites. I need to add that both this forum and Imgur have a very restricted file size, resulting in the diminished quality of pictures. But that isn't something that we can't deal with! :)
  • I'd like that, but I'd be afraid that the technical side of them will be much harder than the screenshots' part. Songs, videos or drawings usually do require some tools (both hard and soft) and not all people are familiar with them or have them at their home. For example, my scanner is out of order. :P There is also a language factor about the writing activities.
  • Dependably. I wouldn't mind if it happens once in a blue moon, but as a habit -- besides the rivalisation -- it'd also get old quickly… and simply be too absorbing to you with moderating them or something. ^^ I also actually like to browse the entries!
  • I've joined only one raffle, so I can't give you a detailed answer. But from what I've browsed, I'd enjoy all of them.
  • I'd make them related to the rewards (or rewards to the raffle, actually?), though of course mounts and pets can be combined even if you do provide pets only. Still, please see the answer to the very first question.
  • I don't have a good feeling about this. I automatically make some very wrong associations with the current ingame tier. :roll:
  • Sure! I have a DK bank alt on Emerald Dream, so we could even fly above the Azeroth! At least as long as you're patient enough to endure my moans about the AH wilderness here. :lol:
  • I'd say that only your experience can tell it -- currently they may be even looser, but when you notice any abuse you should react to that and become a "bad policeman". ;)
  • I don't see the EU forums actually such livid enough! ;) But being serious, while I respect the people just like me, I'm afraid that the raffles would be also noticed by the gold traders or other… erm… you do probably know what I mean. ^^
    I also can't deny the opinion that this website has already been acknowledged in the WoW forums so your threads are noticed aswell.
  • I wonder if other people can help you with maintaining that project. Of course in a way that wouldn't cause clarity problems. ;)

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Kalium
Top Rater

Post by Kalium » December 11th, 2015, 10:19 am

Raffle feedback:

Prizes:

- I prefer pets. Having said that, as my collection has grown it is becoming harder to find pets I currently don't have and would enjoy filling out other collections as well.

- I like raffles to be a mix. However, smaller prizes may entice fewer people as the prizes may not be as coveted.

- I like the idea. Again it may split the number of entries you have so I wouldn't do it often... yearly at most.

Activity:

- Screenshots should not be a big deal for people in this day and age. With all the free hosting sites available it's just a non-issue.

- As long as it's clearly defined as either a raffle or competition. It could be interesting to see drawings/ sonnets/ interpretive dances/ poems/ short stories/ pics of RL pets... the possibilities are endless.

- Prefer, no. Since you are taking the time to do these raffles, you should get at least some entertainment out of it. I don't feel it's too much to ask for people to express themselves.

- I really liked the idea of creating a themed pet. All can be fun but around the holidays it can be hectic to juggle in an entry that requires screenshots/ pics... or anything that can't be completed when you come across it the first time.

- I enjoy all the above and if the raffles expand into toys and mounts it makes little sense for the activity to revolve solely around pets.

- Depends on the challenge... taking a selfie while downing a mythic progression boss or while capturing a flag in AB would hold very little interest for me. If it was take a screenshot in Nagrand with a waterfall in the frame... sure I can do that.

Misc.:

- On a US server here. I would be interested but I would need plenty of notice to make a scheduled rendezvous. One reason I do not raid is because I can't maintain a set schedule.

- Since this is for fun I would just make a note of anyone cheating and disqualify them behind the scenes... if you told them they could possibly make a new account and try to cheat again.

- Lol, I never win anyway. I say it's a fun in games the more the merrier... however, I do like our community and it does get toxic on the official forums so I wouldn't for that reason alone.

- Thank you for taking the time to do this and for all of your generosity.

*** I already own Brightpaw but I would gladly gift it to my wife if I won :D ***

Maylea
Pet Score:8471
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Maylea » December 11th, 2015, 1:07 pm

Prizes:

Would you prefer that the prizes be only pet related or would you like to see things such as mounts or TCG toys as well? I am a collector in all senses. There are of course mounts and toys I will desire.

Would you prefer to see bigger prizes in longer raffles or to have smaller prizes in short raffles? Maybe a mix of both? I like the mixture of both

How would you feel if some raffles had region specific prizes? (Mainly Collector's Editions) I like the prizes being available to all regions

Activity:

Some people are unable to post screenshots - either because of post count or they don't know how to. Would you prefer that there be no raffles requiring screenshots? I think the screenshots are fun!

It's important to me that the raffle be open to anyone, but it might to be fun to do some creative things. How would you like it if you were required to create something in order to gain entry? (This could be poems, drawings, songs - you name it! (please do!)) I know I'm not a fan of this idea. I don't think I would be creative enough.

Some might not want to do anything special in order to enter. Would you prefer a raffle that simply required you to reply to the thread for entry? I think that would make the entries I little too easy.

I've tried a few different activities for my raffles so far. This includes trivia, screenshots, games and creating a pet. Which kind did you enjoy the most? Are there any type that you do not want to see again? I like the screenshots the best. To be honest this is only my second raffle. I can't believe I have been missing these chances.

Would you prefer that activities always be pet related? Other subjects might be lore, toys, mounts etc. It would always be Warcraft related, though! I like the idea of other items (ie toys and mounts)

Some raffles require people to perform a certain challenge or achievement in order to enter. What are you feelings on this? I guess it would depend on the challenge. /wink

Misc.:

Would you be interested in joining in-game me for the /roll and, possibly hang out a bit, if this was made a possibility? (EU server) I would have to make a character on the EU server. But that could be fun.

Are you okay with the currently fairly loose restrictions on entry or would you prefer to see harsher rules in order to prevent double entry? I think you have been pretty fair.

It was suggested to me that I post about my raffles on the WoW forums. This would most likely bring a great amount of people to the site, but would also reduce your chance of winning. How are your feelings on this? The true pet collectors should be the ones that are awarded.

Any other comments that you wish to make to my raffle? Things that I have forgotten about? You have been so nice in taking your personal time to do the raffles. Thank You!!

Lynara
Pet Score:10888
Realm:Thunderhorn-eu

Post by Lynara » December 11th, 2015, 2:27 pm

Raffle feedback:

Prizes:

I collect pets, toys and mounts, so for me that would be amazing, but I also think it would detract from what this community is about: PETS! <3

I think anything at all is fun and nice, and bigger prizes of course attract more people - maybe a mix?

I don't see why not :) It is something fun and nice to enter, but if I don't qualify it's no big deal

Activity:

I hate posting screenshots, but I love seeing other peoples'. If the prize is good enough I overcome this hate...

Sounds fun! :)

No, that sounds boring :(

I thought the pet-counter battle thing game was my favourite. Nothing has been un-fun!

Also sounds fun, especially if the prize isn't a pet

Seems fair

Misc.:

Yes! :) I think it would be nice to have a social aspect maybe? I could bring cake.

I never even thought about double entry :( That is rubbish if people do that, but it seems like a lot of policing. Maybe a ban if they get caught?

More people = good. It's about community, not prizes, right?

Any other comments that you wish to make to my raffle? Things that I have forgotten about

These raffles have been fun (the ones I've taken part in anyway) - thank you so much for doing them

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Post by Peterc » December 11th, 2015, 4:08 pm

As many have said these are great events and as they are free to enter then what you do is entirely up to you. Having said that these are my honest comments;

Raffle feedback:

Prizes:

ANSWER: I feel they should be Pet related - this is warcraftpets.com after all :)

ANSWER: Mix of both but prefer the raffles not to overlap

ANSWER: No problem to me - make it clear what region and idealy balance it out over say a year so everyone gets equal chance

Activity:

ANSWER: Yes

ANSWER: Not keen on this idea

ANSWER: Some should be like that but most should require some activity

ANSWER: I enjoyed the triva one

ANSWER: I feel they should be Pet related - this is warcraftpets.com after all :)

ANSWER: As long as they are things everyone can do I am in favour

Misc.:

ANSWER: Not realy interested in this tbh

ANSWER: Yes and ensuring people who already have the item cannot enter

ANSWER: I feel these should be 'rewards' for serious pet collectors not used to get general players to the sight.

ANSWER: No thank you.

Peterc

Madja
MVP

Post by Madja » December 11th, 2015, 4:39 pm

Thanks for the new feedback guys! It's much appreciated :)

Peterc wrote:Would you prefer that the prizes be only pet related or would you like to see things such as mounts or TCG toys as well?
ANSWER: prefer the raffles not to overlap
I agree. I definitely don't plan on doing overlaps in the future! Unfortunately I had to do this one now in order to make sure the money goes to charity.
Screenshot Upload Guide:

Vialupin
Pet Score:5299
Realm:Misha-us

Post by Vialupin » December 12th, 2015, 9:51 am

Prizes:
I love pets! I would always prefer pets. That being said, I understand that some pet collectors also collect other things so it’s understandable to have additional prizes.

I think a mix makes it more interesting.

I’m happy you even do these great raffles. If you want to make region specific prizes, do it! :D

Activity:

I don’t think all should require screenshots, but it adds a fun element to the raffle so I like having some screenshots to look at.

As I said above, I like when the raffles have a fun element to them. I think doing something in the game is probably the best bet.

I think a mix of things is good. Some screenshots, some reply to thread, some answering questions.

I enjoy the ones needing screenshots personally.

Since this is Warcraftpets. I think pet related is the best.

I think as long as the challenge or achievement is pretty easily done its fine.
Misc.:

If I was on an EU server I would ;)

Loose restrictions work for me!

I enjoy the small pet community, but I can understand if you want to start attracting more people. I think this is another decision that is pretty much up to you!

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » December 12th, 2015, 10:07 am

Prizes:

I think they should be pet related, because of the website. But if you're giving away more items like with the other raffle going on right now, maybe a few items that aren't explicitly pet related can't hurt.

I personally like shorter raffles. But long raffles with big prizes might give more people incentive to participate.

I don't really like region specific prizes, seeing how everybody playing on a Blizzard server can sign up on the website. It might also lead to more diverse entries, depending on the raffle (screenshots for example).

Activity:

I like screenshot raffles, it's a great way to show off creativity and look at other's ideas as well! I think it's easily explained how screenshots can be posted on the website, and as far as I know, most of the default screenshots the game takes for you have a smaller data size than the limitation on the upload for the forum on warcraftpets.

I love contests that require people to come up with something creative! Story contests especially.

No way! Wowhead does those already sometimes and I don't find them very appealing at all. It's so much more fun to actually do something creative one way or another to participate in a contest than just post something random.

I absolutely loved your trivia contest! The questions were awesome :D I'd love to see more of those.
I also like screenshot contests because it's fun to look at people's picks for what pets to show off, the set up of the picture, and their transmogs!

If you hold a lot of raffles I don't think it's bad to shake things up a little by having other topics than pets. Warcraft has lots of stuff going on after all, so a different topic can only add other types of fun to the raffle!

I don't mind them very much, as long as the achievements aren't very hard, or require a large number of people to complete. It can be difficult or at least very tedious to manually check every entry if the achievement criteria has been met.

Misc.:

Absolutely! But only if it's in a zone without PvP.

I think the rules are okay. I didn't think it's common for a lot of people to have more than one account on warcraftpets?

That could be both good and bad. Bad because there's a lot of people on the forums that enjoy going out of their way just to be rude to other people. But perhaps the "General" forum is a bad indicator of the overall forum posters!

Thanks for holding all these raffles! They're great fun to participate in!

Milotha
Top Rater
Pet Score:5471
BattleTag®:milotha#1158
Realm:Silver Hand-us

Post by Milotha » December 13th, 2015, 3:57 pm

I would prefer pets, but mounts would be acceptable too.

Mix would be good

That would be fine with me

Activity:

I don't know how to post screen shots, perhaps some instructions in the raffle? Raffles with screen shots are fine.

Creative things are fine too.

No

I am fine as long as no real world info or no monetary donations etc

Other wow activities would be fine

As long as the challenge isn't raid related or group content related. I think alot of us solo players do the pet thing.

Misc.:

My time table is crazy as I play on US from EU timezone due to overseas move.

Meh. Whatever is easier for you.

No Wow forums please.

Thanks for running these contests!!!
Last edited by Milotha on December 19th, 2015, 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thatasrail
Pet Score:13077
Realm:Stormrage-us

Post by Thatasrail » December 13th, 2015, 4:36 pm

Prizes:

I think that, for most serious collectors, pet prizes would eventually lose their luster, so mounts and toys could bring in more interested people to the raffles.

Why not both and a mix of both? (As in, giving out one smaller prize in some of the big raffles as a secondary prize. The big prize goes to the /roll, small one goes to whatever post you liked the most)

I'm perfectly fine with it.

Activity:

I have no problems with asking for screenshots. Everyone has the chance to earn the right to post and learn how to post them, so asking for screenshots sounds quite fair.

A bit nervous (can't stop thinking about people judging my writing), but perfectly ok.
As for suggestions... I don't know, Haiku contests? Pet creation based on a theme/person/character/book/series/etc.? Best Jamie Hyneman impersonation?

Not really. Having some entry barrier, even if it isn't a particularly difficult one, is a good thing. An answer to a simple/quick question, or a small thought effort (like your last raffle) helps differentiate between the people who could benefit from it and have a modicum of interest from the ones that would just post "gimme pet nao" and run away on the offchance they could add a number to their pet collection.

I rather like creative activities; they're immensely fun to do, at least to me. There's no raffle category I dislike.

Non-pet related activities would be great, variety and choice are rarely ever a problem.

This is an excellent idea. Effort should be rewarded proportionately; if I don't want to PvP seriously, I should not receive the same rewards as a Gladiator, and so on.

Misc.:

I'd love to, but, being on an US server, I don't think I can make it.

I'd prefer the harsher rules. Double entry on these contests feels... dishonest. Everyone should have the same chances.

I'd recommend posting about the raffles only on the Pet Battle forum, where people might make better use of the pets.

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » December 13th, 2015, 7:18 pm

Raffle feedback:

Prizes:

Q: Would you prefer that the prizes be only pet related or would you like to see things such as mounts or TCG toys as well?
A: Personally I'm mostly interested in pets, but also collect toys. Mounts not so much. But I'm fine with either - it's your time and money you invest so it's up to you really.

Q: Would you prefer to see bigger prizes in longer raffles or to have smaller prizes in short raffles? Maybe a mix of both?
A: A mix of both would probably be interesting.

Q: How would you feel if some raffles had region specific prizes? (Mainly Collector's Editions)
That's actually a pretty neat idea for people who can't afford the CE otherwise or did not play at the time those were available.

Activity:

Q: Some people are unable to post screenshots - either because of post count or they don't know how to. Would you prefer that there be no raffles requiring screenshots?
A: I don't mind posting screenshots. It's not that hard after all.

Q: It's important to me that the raffle be open to anyone, but it might to be fun to do some creative things. How would you like it if you were required to create something in order to gain entry? (This could be poems, drawings, songs - you name it! (please do!))
A: I'm fine with this. I'm not the biggest artist myself so I would probably skip some raffles if I feel that I couldn't produce something "worthy" the entry tho.

Q: Some might not want to do anything special in order to enter. Would you prefer a raffle that simply required you to reply to the thread for entry?
A: That would be pretty boring to be honest. I really like looking at the other screenshots and check out the ideas of the other posters.

Q: I've tried a few different activities for my raffles so far. This includes trivia, screenshots, games and creating a pet. Which kind did you enjoy the most? Are there any type that you do not want to see again?
A: I really liked the screenshot-raffles so far. As I said earlier, I like checking out the ideas others had in mind.

Q: Would you prefer that activities always be pet related? Other subjects might be lore, toys, mounts etc. It would always be Warcraft related, though!
A: I'm not a big lore pro - but other than that I'm open to everything I guess.

Q: Some raffles require people to perform a certain challenge or achievement in order to enter. What are you feelings on this?
A: Not sure what kind of achievement this might be. But might be a good idea for bigger/longer raffles, maybe?

Misc.:

Q: Would you be interested in joining in-game me for the /roll and, possibly hang out a bit, if this was made a possibility? (EU server)
A: Might be a bit hard to coordinate. But sure, why not?

Q: Are you okay with the currently fairly loose restrictions on entry or would you prefer to see harsher rules in order to prevent double entry?
A: I'm fine with it.

Q: It was suggested to me that I post about my raffles on the WoW forums. This would most likely bring a great amount of people to the site, but would also reduce your chance of winning. How are your feelings on this?
A: Hm... not sure about it. There are pros and cons. The bigger "competitions" is not a big deal though.

Q: Any other comments that you wish to make to my raffle? Things that I have forgotten about?
A: Thanks for hosting them in the first place!

Hope this feedback helps!
Hope you and your family have nice holidays!

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » December 14th, 2015, 11:58 am

I already have Brightpaw but wanted to give feedback. Please count me as one of the entries to "boost" the number of prizes if you like, but I do not need the pet. Thanks!

Raffle feedback:

Prizes:

I'd love to see some of the toys and mounts. Just make sure it's okay with the admins here, I know that in trades, someone HAS to receive a pet-related item, I don't know about giveaways.

A mix, all dependent on your generosity, of course. ;)

I'd be sad if I couldn't enter, but happy for those that could, I think you should giveaway what you can afford and feel comfortable giving away, and if that's a CE that's region specific, that's up to you. You're gifting the community.

Activity:

It's not that difficult, from what I've heard (I haven't tried), and having to think a bit instead of just dropping your name in a hat makes things more interactive...and it's REALLY easy to get to the post count you need to be able to post screenshots.

Everyone has some sort of creative talent...why not a haiku contest? That shouldn't take too much brain power. ;)

Only for a short, small raffle. I like having to work a bit for the bigger payout

I've only participated in the pet-counter one, and now this one, so I really can't answer this question helpfully.

I know the most about pets, so personally...but hey, there's Google!

That would be cool. Like...collect one of each color of warpstalkers. Or something.

Misc.:

I play US, but I would have loved to. :)

I hope the people who enter are honest enough to not do double entry....how would you even accomplish that here? ON the WoW forums, you could log into different characters, I guess, but here? I don't think dishonestly, so I don't even know how I would go about scamming a giveaway.

Hmmm.....I say keep the pet related ones here, and expand other ones?

Thanks Madja! You're amazing!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » December 14th, 2015, 3:59 pm

Raffle feedback:

Prizes:
Personally, I like pets a lot, but not so keen on mounts. Besides, we're in Warcraftpets, not Warcraftmounts after all... :p
However, for that very same reason, it's very likely that many people here will have the pets they want/need, so widening the prize spectrum is a good possibility.

There's room for both, and how/when to do them is entirely up to you! So a mix of both, sometimes standard stuff, other times some special edition raffles.

Certainly wouldn't mind. As with the previous question, the choice is mostly yours, and having some special edition raffles with extra-rare stuff is welcome, regardless of region restrictions.

Activity:
I don't mind the requirements, plus I think screenshots can be more fun to do, and to look at, than text.

Definitely would love it! Keeps things more interesting, and at least requires a bit of effort from those participating - which is still a fraction of what you're putting in, Madja! :)

As said above, I like doing "stuff", and I believe it promotes community involvement. Just posting whatever is certainly uninteresting.

I like creating pets a lot, but I understand not everyone does. In any case, variety equals fun, and you shouldn't be afraid to suggest activities no matter how crazy they may be. Even if you missed the mark somewhat with a certain theme, it'd be entertaining to see what people can come up with :lol:

I prefer pets, definitely - but as before, keeping things fresh may require different sorts of activities. I certainly welcome different challenges :)

Depends on how complicated those achievements are. Would be kind of ironic to deem screenshots or participating in forum games too hard, and then require some Mythic meta-achievement :p
That said, currently there isn't so much to do in-game, so it's still interesting to get people out there.

Misc.:
Since I play on EU servers, I sure would like to pop along, and get together with other pet enthusiasts for a bit. My playing patterns are a bit strange depending on my RL schedules, but if the time is good for me, count me in! ;)

Hmm... well, obviously the sight from the organizing side differs from the one on the participating side. I don't know if there are double entries (shame on abusers, if there are) but probably making tons of restrictions would make managing it all that much harder. Going through the trouble of organizing a raffle and then having to chase people around to ensure they play by the rules is not fun, it's a full-time job! :p

In my humble opinion, Warcraftpets is one rare redux in the whole internet, with a good, non-toxic community; so I think we can safely keep going with relatively loose restrictions, only taking action if things get somehow ugly (a situation that nobody wants here)

Well, I don't know. At least in the WoW-EU forums, the pet community seems relatively small, and most people I know from there are already part of Warcraftpets. Now, if you're thinking about posting in General Discussion or something like that, that'd likely bring more people to Warcraftpets, but - would they really be pet enthusiasts? I'm guessing not.

Maybe I have trust issues, but for a comparison, I think of it as doing a giveaway on Trade channel, instead of in guild chat. If I were in your position, making such a huge effort to make other like-minded collectors happy, the last thing I'd want to see would be my beloved pets being put for sale on AH by some heartless guys who joined just for some quick free coin.

The only comment I can add is that you're awesome, and that your kindness is larger than Draenor! (that sure sounded dumb... :p)
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!