OOPS Journal is Full!!

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Waveryn
Pet Score:13678
Realm:Madoran-us
OOPS Journal is Full!!

Post by Waveryn » December 15th, 2012, 12:35 am

I had no clue there was a limit and am wondering how this happens when it says you can have 3 of each and I still have tons of grey ones in the list I have not even collected yet. I did just sell off some extra spring rabbits and sinister squashlings, had like 6 of each.
Anyone else run into this and what to do, I have many with 3 rares, hate to have to throw some of them away, but if I am at 650 and still about 100 -150 possible to collect something has to make room.
Wave

Albain
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Re: OOPS Journal is Full!!

Post by Albain » December 15th, 2012, 2:05 am

I suggest crating up all but one of your rares that you can, and stuffing them in your bank, if you really, really want to keep them. Then you still have them, but you get a lot of spaces free on your journal. Mail them to an alt, and stuff them in -their- banks. Squirrel away all your duplicates you want to keep on a dozen different alts. Space, /and/ keeping your pets!

Edit: Crateing? Crating?

Waflob
Pet Score:4117
Realm:Earthen Ring-eu

Post by Waflob » December 15th, 2012, 9:33 am

I'm not sure if this has been fixed, but therre was a bug pre 5.1 where you could have 499 pets and it you would not be able to capture a pet, because apparently, you were full. This was also when there were less than 3 of that pet in there as well.

Something about boundary conditions was wrong - annoying as hell, tbh

Waveryn

Post by Waveryn » December 17th, 2012, 8:03 am

Thanks, I crated a bunch of mostly vendor pets, had multiples since I have so many toons. Sadly you can not crate pets won in battles it seems and some others, I got excited and saw the inscription/taloring Kites real cheap and bought 3 of each to only find out later they can not battle and can also not be crated only released, now that stinks. :cry:
Wave

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 17th, 2012, 11:11 am

Yea, when the big merger happened I had dozens and dozens of duplicate vendor/holiday pets. They don't go for anything on the AH and I can't bring myself to "destroy" them.

They all sit on a pet alt now, just hanging out.

Waveryn

Post by Waveryn » December 17th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Talmar wrote:Yea, when the big merger happened I had dozens and dozens of duplicate vendor/holiday pets. They don't go for anything on the AH and I can't bring myself to "destroy" them.

Is the pet alt on a different realm? All my alts have the same pet list as my main.
Wave

Talmar
MVP
Pet Score:12575
Realm:Sentinels-us

Post by Talmar » December 17th, 2012, 4:55 pm

What I did was cage them all and now they all sit on an alt in her bags.

Waveryn

Post by Waveryn » December 18th, 2012, 7:09 am

Talmar wrote:What I did was cage them all and now they all sit on an alt in her bags.
Thank You Talmar, Thats pretty much what I am doing, a lobie alt is filling his bank with my caged ones. Maybe Blizz will give us more space or make a separate tab that holds vanity/non battle pets so they do not count in our battle Journal.
Wave

Puluz
Pet Score:10206
Realm:Darksorrow-eu

Post by Puluz » December 18th, 2012, 11:05 am

Talmar wrote:Yea, when the big merger happened I had dozens and dozens of duplicate vendor/holiday pets. They don't go for anything on the AH and I can't bring myself to "destroy" them.

sounds very familiar... :D

Zaelo
Pet Score:5086
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Zaelo » December 18th, 2012, 1:03 pm

Yeah there's what 536 unique pets?
You can have max what, 600 now?
You can have maximum 3 of one pet, but nowhere close to the 1608 pet slots you'd need to have 3 of each

Waveryn

Post by Waveryn » December 19th, 2012, 6:33 am

Zaelo wrote:Yeah there's what 536 unique pets?
You can have max what, 600 now?
You can have maximum 3 of one pet, but nowhere close to the 1608 pet slots you'd need to have 3 of each
It is a bummer, I started releasing a bunch of rares last night when a sand storm finally hit and I was grabbing up silithid hatchlings and hit the 650 full mark again. Wish I saw there was a cap before I spent so much time trying for 3 rares of many pets just because I was in the zone and did not like coming back. Live and learn I guess. :D Did get 3 rares of these LoL and 4 old raid pets last evening so a good night for me.
Wave