Easy RAF pets this weekend

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Laraven
Pet Score:7886
BattleTag®:LaRaven#1620
Realm:Korgath-us
Re: Easy RAF pets this weekend

Post by Laraven » November 27th, 2015, 10:59 am

I'm a bit confused how this works. I understand RaF and that you need to buy the game plus 2 months for the new account. But with these new accounts are they going to be useless? Or can I give them to my kids? If so, will they be able to play at the same time as me? Or no because it's on same account?

Also, just to be clear. I do not have gold in game, so each pet will cost 35$ cash?

Thanks!

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 27th, 2015, 11:25 am

Laraven wrote:But with these new accounts are they going to be useless? Or can I give them to my kids? If so, will they be able to play at the same time as me? Or no because it's on same account?

Also, just to be clear. I do not have gold in game, so each pet will cost 35$ cash?
The accounts don't have to be useless if you don't want them to be. I think you can log into your main account while your kids log into your second account (the RAF one) -- someone please correct me if I'm wrong!

However, since the RAF accounts are under your Bnet, I believe you cannot participate in certain activities simultaneously on multiple accounts (Pet Battles being one of them).

This is all assuming, though, that you've elected to RAF *yourself* and add more accounts to *your* Bnet. This isn't a mandatory practice and you can RAF entirely separate Bnets instead. Either way works, but most collectors find it easier to just have all the accounts (main and RAF'ed) under one Bnet.

And yes, $35 for one RAF pet (there are four pets in total) during the WoW Battlechest sale. (Normally $50 for one RAF pet when WoW is not on sale.) If you're lucky and find a store that sells discounted game time game cards, you could bring that price down even lower.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Jerebear
Pet Score:13370
Realm:Llane-us

Post by Jerebear » November 27th, 2015, 11:31 am

Does anyone know if those accounts are easily delete-able later? Once I'm done, I don't really have any use for them and I am sure my OCD will hate seeing them available, cluttering up my account list (I know silly on my part...but I am weird).
Carry Pet Experience Reference Guide:
http://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8829

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » November 27th, 2015, 11:50 am

Jerebear wrote:Does anyone know if those accounts are easily delete-able later?
You can't delete them, but if you create a second Bnet account and contact Billing and Account Services, Blizzard might be able to move the unused RAF WoW licenses to your second Bnet account. Relevant [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17084399713#6]Customer Support thread here[/url].
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Icymaiden
MVP
Pet Score:10960
BattleTag®:Dragonmaiden#1782
Realm:Gnomeregan-us

Post by Icymaiden » November 27th, 2015, 1:51 pm

In the past I have gifted this low priced game to my email. Then I use it later on. You get an email with a code that you can use for whoever you want. Just thought I would throw it out there so you won't have to wait for the sale when they come out with one you don't have now.

Labyrinthe
MVP

Post by Labyrinthe » November 27th, 2015, 7:01 pm

Quintessence wrote:
You can't delete them, but if you create a second Bnet account and contact Billing and Account Services, Blizzard might be able to move the unused RAF WoW licenses to your second Bnet account. Relevant [url=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/17084399713#6]Customer Support thread here[/url].
That's not entirely accurate. You can have Blizzard delete them for you, but it's not an easy process. You have to email privacy@blizzard.com (this can't be done through the ticket system), explain to them that you're trying to delete some licenses, and then they ask for a whole bunch of information that you either mail in or fax to confirm it's you and what you want done.

Labyrinthe
MVP

Post by Labyrinthe » November 28th, 2015, 10:41 pm

Monkeygreen wrote:
Quintessence wrote:
I opened a ticket requesting just this two days ago (because apparently 9 WoW accounts is the max you can have on one Battle.net account...I know, I know, don't judge...). This was the ticket and response:

My ticket: So, I suspect that this will seem like an odd request, but could you please delete accounts WoW7, WoW8 and WoW9 from my Battle.net account? They are unused and I would like to RAF myself to get the last two rewards, but I am at the maximum number of WoW accounts I can have on a single Battle.net account. I understand that this action won't be reversible and that I will lose access to the game licenses and any characters that are attached to those accounts.

The response: Game Master Cayzard here to address your Account Deletion concerns. I do apologize for the trouble this has caused you, and want you to know I'm going to do everything I can to get you the best and most accurate answer we can provide for this situation.

WoW7, WoW8, and WoW9 are all fully licensed versions of the game. We're only able to remove Starter Edition. If you're looking to free up space or RAF yourself you'd need to start a 2nd Battle.net account and either transfer these WoW licenses to it or just use the 2nd account for Recruit-A-Friend.

I went with starting a second battle.net to RaF so I could get the two piggies. I'm never going to use the accounts on it, so it's not a worry I won't have any pets/mounts/looms on them.
That's their standard response until you bother them about it repeatedly. You can have licenses removed from a battle.net account but you have to talk to privacy@blizzard.com, fill our their list of demands, and send in some identification. I'm in the process now for myself as I had too many accounts to do any more RAFing without starting a new battle.net.

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » November 28th, 2015, 11:31 pm

I hope i can use the RAF on the same Battle Net account for my Rogue turkey shooting.....

I have created rogues of all races and assembled them in central positions to shoot them up tomorrow :)
I have all Alliance Classes just outside Stormwind. And BElf in Silvermoon.
If anyone needs these : Buruan#1287

Beave
Pet Score:4259
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Beave » November 29th, 2015, 1:46 am

I'm looking to sign some people up so I can get the RaF pets and mounts. If you're considering a 2nd account (has to be a unique bnet account I think unless you're referring yourself) I'll gift you the battle chest while it's $5. You pay for the first month, and I'll give you gold (up to 40k) to buy a token with. Or you can pay for two months and I'll just give you the gold, but my objective here is the mount or pet so you have to agree to sub for two months.

You can roll a toon and level on any server you choose, no obligation to play with me.

Buruan
Pet Score:11735
Realm:Eitrigg-us

Post by Buruan » November 30th, 2015, 12:48 pm

Buruan wrote:I hope i can use the RAF on the same Battle Net account for my Rogue turkey shooting.....

I have created rogues of all races and assembled them in central positions to shoot them up tomorrow :)
I have all Alliance Classes just outside Stormwind. And BElf in Silvermoon.
If anyone needs these : Buruan#1287
Quoting myself.... Sad.

This did indeed work.
I created Rogues of every Alliance and Horde making, moved them to Central locations outside Stormwind and Orgrimmar and set up a turkey shooting gallery.... Pilgrim Achievement done.

Worgen was a bit of pain as you cant (legitimately) leave before doing all the starter quests, the rest were easy. Heirloom mount FTW.

Ziboo
MVP
Pet Score:11204
Realm:Wyrmrest Accord-us

Post by Ziboo » November 30th, 2015, 6:58 pm

Thanks for the RAF reminder/tips. I did add two accounts, but holding off activating until 2016 maybe do a bit of multiboxing for a couple months!

Good to know nine accounts under one Battle Net is the max. I'm at six so there is still room. I wish they'd let you at least name them. (Don't use, etc.,), as Wow1, wow2, etc., is a PiA. My main two have different names, but the new ones with WoW 1.... are ugh.

They should allow for an account removal to be a bit easier than fingerprints and a blood sample, especially aux accounts that have lowbie or no characters; no gold; heirlooms, etc., or anything of worth.

Solana
Top Rater

Post by Solana » December 1st, 2015, 5:14 pm

Thanks for pointing this out - I totally capitalized on this idea :D

Danneris
Pet Score:10985
BattleTag®:Danneris#1602
Realm:Barthilas-us

Post by Danneris » December 1st, 2015, 6:38 pm

Thanks for this thread. Activated 3 accounts yesterday and got to spend some of my garrison gold that has piled up over the expac.
3 Pets for $5 each and 3 months free game time on my main account. (Plus just shy of 240k gold for WoW Tokens)
Bargain. - Only problem is waiting a week to get the pets.

Telsek
MVP
Pet Score:10560
Realm:Khaz Modan-us

Post by Telsek » December 2nd, 2015, 1:40 pm

Danneris wrote:Thanks for this thread. Activated 3 accounts yesterday and got to spend some of my garrison gold that has piled up over the expac.
3 Pets for $5 each and 3 months free game time on my main account. (Plus just shy of 240k gold for WoW Tokens)
Bargain. - Only problem is waiting a week to get the pets.

I'm confused: Earlier in the thread, the cost of the pets is quoted as $50 each. How did you get them for $5 each? Ahh.. nevermind. I think I understand. Your in game gold gave you a break on how much RL cash you had to spend.

Graven
Pet Score:5307
Realm:Terenas-eu

Post by Graven » December 2nd, 2015, 1:44 pm

Also, it's possible to gift the WoW Battlechest to someone else, or to yourself for use at a later date.
Could anyone clarify this for me? I bought an extra battlechest account last time they were on sale, but I forgot to specify an email to gift it to so it automatically went onto my Bnet list. Can I RAF to that account, or does it have to be separate somehow from my main WoW account?

Going to try to do it using just the game tokens but it's expensive on EU servers - 60-65k gold per token. Purely out of interest, how much are the tokens going for on US servers atm?

Studmuffyn
Pet Score:13112
Realm:Vek'nilash-us

Post by Studmuffyn » December 2nd, 2015, 1:53 pm

forgive my ignorance, you can mail a token to another account? Or are you just sending that account money and buying it ?

Colar
Pet Score:3979
Realm:Emerald Dream-us

Post by Colar » December 2nd, 2015, 4:16 pm

I want to get this but it sounds like I have to buy individual BC set to get each pet? That is 4x $5 BC set (while on sale) plus another $120 for 4x2 months subscription to get all 4 pets and more?

Also when I use RAF, how can I send it in a way so it'd be registered to the same account 4x? Like WoW1, WoW2, WoW3, etc so I don't need to make multiple email addresses?

Been meaning to play with multiboxing for a bit and 5 boxes (4 new account plus this old one) should be able to blow through some quests. 5 locks, mass fear and lots of dots

Toppy
Pet Score:13192
Realm:Doomhammer-eu

Post by Toppy » December 2nd, 2015, 5:08 pm

I might have missed this, but how long did it take to get the ingame message to choose reward after setting up and paying for two months sub ?

Quintessence
Site Admin

Post by Quintessence » December 2nd, 2015, 6:25 pm

Graven wrote:Could anyone clarify this for me? I bought an extra battlechest account last time they were on sale, but I forgot to specify an email to gift it to so it automatically went onto my Bnet list. Can I RAF to that account, or does it have to be separate somehow from my main WoW account?

Going to try to do it using just the game tokens but it's expensive on EU servers - 60-65k gold per token. Purely out of interest, how much are the tokens going for on US servers atm?
Not sure. From what I remember, the Battlechest license has to be applied to an account. I'm unsure if it automatically becomes active upon purchasing and being added to a Bnet.

WoW Tokens are going for roughly ~36k to ~38k gold.

Studmuffyn wrote:forgive my ignorance, you can mail a token to another account? Or are you just sending that account money and buying it ?
Haven't used the Token method myself, but I don't think you can trade/mail the Token between accounts. Anyone that's used this method to purchase game time for a RAF account, please share your experience!

Colar wrote:I want to get this but it sounds like I have to buy individual BC set to get each pet?

Also when I use RAF, how can I send it in a way so it'd be registered to the same account 4x? Like WoW1, WoW2, WoW3, etc so I don't need to make multiple email addresses?
Correct. You'll need one Battlechest per RAF account (one pet or mount reward per successful RAF'ed account).

You can RAF yourself so that all the RAF licences are under one Bnet by sending the RAF invite to your email address that you use for your main Bnet.

The invite will prompt you about whether or not you currently have a Bnet account. If you select the option that says something along the lines of, "I already have a Battle.net account" the RAF account will be opened under your current Bnet.

Toppy wrote:I might have missed this, but how long did it take to get the ingame message to choose reward after setting up and paying for two months sub ?
It takes 7 days from the time two months worth of game time was applied and registered to an eligible RAF account.