Tranquil Mech Yeti

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us
Tranquil Mech Yeti

Post by Jazeel » November 21st, 2015, 7:34 pm

just gave away one of these to someone who told me the recipe is now unavailable, i was wondering are there any other unavailable pet recipes and if so, do we need " i can make ya one" type of chat column.

Deviantelf
Pet Score:12827
BattleTag®:Deviantelf#1836
Realm:Dalaran-us

Re: Tranquil Mech Yeti

Post by Deviantelf » November 21st, 2015, 10:48 pm

Good idea!

The pet itself can be in a Blingtron 5000 gift package. I dropped one today and opened the package and there it was. I already had one (don't remember where I got it, but I cannot make them) so it went to my husband. Yay!

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » November 22nd, 2015, 9:06 am

I'll go to winterspring on one of my lowbie engineers and check out if I end up learning the schematic at some point and will report back.

Edit: Yep, it's gone.
But I can craft them on another char, if people are looking for them.
Last edited by Merana on November 22nd, 2015, 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13928
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 22nd, 2015, 9:23 am

Jazeel wrote:i was wondering are there any other unavailable pet recipes and if so, do we need " i can make ya one" type of chat column.
The Tranquil Mechanical Yeti is the only one that I can think of that's had the [url=http://www.wowhead.com/quest=8798/a-yeti-of-your-own]original source quest[/url] removed, and an alternate way to obtain it was never provided.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Danica
Pet Score:8331
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Danica » November 22nd, 2015, 9:39 am

When Blizzard revamped 1-60 in Cataclysm, the quest for this schematic was removed. (Umi still gives you Yeti-related quests, but the follow up for engineers only wasn't carried over during the revamp. See Quintessence's link above.)

As Deviantelf said, you can get the pet through the Blingtron package, or you can find a person who learned the recipe prior to Cataclysm.The mats required can be a little time consuming to farm, so I suspect you'd have a good chance at finding someone who will make it for you on your server for little to no cost if you provide the mats.