Share pet collecting news and advice.
Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us
Rarity Stone Drops - WOD

Post by Darolyn » November 17th, 2015, 12:24 pm

Hey...

I cannot recall ever seeing a battle stone (to rarify pets) dropping in Draenor. Do they? Or is it all about the charms to buy them?

I'm trying to level some pets, and want to do so where I have the best chance of getting stones. Is that Pandaria now?

I should know this....
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Re: Rarity Stone Drops - WOD

Post by Quintessence » November 17th, 2015, 12:31 pm

If you're looking for rarity battlestones, the best drop source is still the Pandaria trainer bags IMO. None of the Draenor trainers drop stones, and instead reward Pet Charms that you can use to purchase battlestones.

On the other hand, wild battles in Draenor still have a small chance of dropping a rarity battlestone. I received one just the other day; an unexpected but pleasant surprise.
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » November 17th, 2015, 6:48 pm

During my grind in Frostfire Ridge for the 2000 fights, got 20 or so Beast Battle Stones, and 2 of the sellable universal Battle-Stones. I guess that amounts to an statistical 1% for family-specific and 0.1% for the universal, which is by no means high, but very much the same as in other areas in the wild.

As Quintessence says above, you won't get them from Draenor trainers (you get Charms, that you can then trade for the stones) but you should have decent luck with the Pandaria ones, and Beasts of Fable.
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!

Darolyn
Pet Score:5488
BattleTag®:Thaliana#1794
Realm:Kael'thas-us

Post by Darolyn » November 17th, 2015, 6:59 pm

I haven't seen a single one yet, but then again, I battled enough to get all the wild pets in the breeds I wanted, and that was about it.

My 2000 fights are mostly from pre-nerf birds, and Squirt on Sunday. I still have 200 fights to go, but I think those will be accomplished in my garrison fighting hallow's end wild pets. ;)

Thanks for the info!
Thaliana#1794 - My WoW account has 50 toons, so I would so greatly appreciate people creating toons on Kael'Thas or Ghostlands to trade with me. <3