My Favourite PVP Team (Yes Graves is in it)

Discuss pet battles, strategy and theorycrafting.
Sikstallion
Pet Score:8775
BattleTag®:Sikstallion#1984
Realm:Barthilas-us
My Favourite PVP Team (Yes Graves is in it)

Post by Sikstallion » November 15th, 2015, 7:50 pm

Hey Guys,

Thought I place another post this one on PVP Pet Battles. This team really gives challengers a run for their money. At the moment I have about a 95% (there and abouts) win rate with this group.

The aim is to do AS MUCH damage to the backline pets as possible. In most cases you will only need to use the first two pets. The third pet is only a backup incase things get hairy.

I have also included a video below if you would like to watch.

Pets:

Pet 1: Graves (Need to attain Level 20 in HoTs)
Ability 1: Skull Toss
Ability 2: Bone Storm
Ability 3: Grave

Pet 2: Fragment of Anger (Drop from Reliquary of the Lost in Black Temple)
Ability 1: SpiritfireBolt
Ability 2: Spiritfire Beam
Ability 3: Soulrush

Pet 3: Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling (Created from Engineering)
Ability 1: Breath
Ability 2: Thunderbolt
Ability 3: Decoy

Standard Sequence is as follows (note you may have to use your best judgement depending on what ability your opponent throws at you):

Start with Graves,
1. Use Grave ability
2. Use Bone Storm
3. Switch to Fragment of Anger
4. Use Soulrush
4. Use Spiritfire Beam
5. Switch to Graves
6. Repeat steps 1 to 5

If their pets are not dead then they should be close to death. Send in your Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling, use a Thunderbolt and then Decoy and Breath them to death.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tC48NcJFd8

Cheers,
Sik

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Re: My Favourite PVP Team (Yes Graves is in it)

Post by Tekulve2012 » November 16th, 2015, 4:26 am

If you play at least 10 pvp battles, you will either face the top tier strong team posted above or one that subs the FoA for Foss Hatch..the FoA choice is better because it handles the opposing team's mpd

As a counter, I suggest:
Nightshade sprout-s/s lash/darkness or nat.ward/blind
Fragment of Anger-seethe/sf beam/soulrush
Alpine foxling-p/b-flurry/crouch/dazzdance

The dazzling dance on your FoA devastates the mpd..make sure to use crouch when you think the beast racial will be activated and the undead die fast...most opp.will start with Graves so the nightshade can blind for 2 turns so you have options..this team has to be well played and you will win or at least make them sweat. If you get a stun or timely blind vs an undead then your chances are solid

The h/h bone serpent is another great 3rd pet option but I have nice results with the foxling..
Some also like the Fjord worg pup-p/p with the same moves as the foxling but I stand by the slightly healthier and faster foxling

Misstic
MVP
Pet Score:6356
Realm:Illidan-us

Post by Misstic » November 16th, 2015, 7:27 am

Thank you. That team comp is AWESOME! It makes the 20 hours I spent of my life playing Heros to get Graves a little more worth it!! :-)

Matalin

Post by Matalin » November 17th, 2015, 4:29 pm

Now that pet week is over and many of the weaker comps are no longer around I'm going to give this a try for 50 battles. Will post the results later.

Vakeetah
Top Rater
Pet Score:9677
Realm:Dragonblight-eu

Post by Vakeetah » November 17th, 2015, 5:04 pm

Not a lot of merit to using an AoE team with three of the strongest pets in game, to be honest. The fact that its strategy can be summarised in a cast-sequence -independently of what the opponent does- and still win with just 2/3 pets should be a clear indication of the kind of team this is.

AoE attacks have overall higher dps than single targets to start with (with split AoE being an even worse offender) and there are very few means to protect or heal the backline. The only way of beating it is a tailor-made counter (abusing things like [ability]Blinding Poison[/ability] or [ability]Sanstorm[/ability]) but generalist teams stand no chance against its superior damage.

Surely, it's easy wins, but it's also tons of frustration for the opponent (particularly for newer tamers) so finding "fun" in it is almost sadistic :p
- Thanks to Paladance for the sig!