Pet Limit

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Dirkie
Pet Score:5479
BattleTag®:dirk#1435
Realm:Frostwolf-us
Pet Limit

Post by Dirkie » July 29th, 2015, 1:04 pm

Haven't been in-game for a while just wondering if the pet limit is still 1000?

Peterc
Pet Score:5382
Realm:Outland-eu

Re: Pet Limit

Post by Peterc » July 29th, 2015, 1:47 pm

Yep (been bouncing up against it for ages).

I still believe it should be increased to cover all the new pets added.

Peterc

Post by Guest » July 30th, 2015, 8:33 am

Peterc wrote:Yep (been bouncing up against it for ages).

I still believe it should be increased to cover all the new pets added.

Peterc
Agreed with you.

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » July 30th, 2015, 2:45 pm

Yeah, I think the limit of 1000 is more than fine. I have 728 unique pets and 60-something duplicates. Nobody *needs* 2 or 3 of each pet, do they? :ugeek:

Kiella
Pet Score:13796
BattleTag®:Elena#1284
Realm:Zul'jin-us

Post by Kiella » July 30th, 2015, 3:03 pm

Melmo wrote:Yeah, I think the limit of 1000 is more than fine. I have 728 unique pets and 60-something duplicates. Nobody *needs* 2 or 3 of each pet, do they? :ugeek:
With different breeds and skins on many pets, there are definite reasons to have more than one. Plus, for those of us that sell or trade pets, it is much more convenient to keep duplicates in the pet tab where they are accessible on any character/realm than in the bank. I'm not currently pushing right up against the limit, but at around 920-930 pets it's been enough on my mind that I've released pets I would have otherwise kept had it not been as close. Next expansion I can definitely see it becoming an issue if it's not raised.

Peterc

Post by Peterc » July 30th, 2015, 3:08 pm

How many pets were there when the limit was set? How many are there now?

This imo is the relevant information

Peterc

Kiella

Post by Kiella » July 30th, 2015, 3:47 pm

Peterc wrote:How many pets were there when the limit was set? How many are there now?

This imo is the relevant information

Peterc
I was curious, so I decided to see if I could find the answers. According to [url=http://www.engadget.com/2013/08/09/patch-5-4-ptr-pet-cap-raised-to-1-000/]Engadget[/url], there were 580 pets available before the limit was raised to 1000 in patch 5.4, which according to [url=http://www.warcraftpets.com/news/pet-collection-limit-increased-to-1000-in-5-4/]WCP[/url], added another 33 pets.

So, 613 pets were available when the limit was set. And there are now 752 pets in game (753 with Brewfest).

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » July 30th, 2015, 5:58 pm

For me, personally, the current limit is more than fine. I don't do duplicates (except for an extra Pandaren Water Spirit and Chrominius from back in the Celestial Tournament days) so I know I'm not in any danger of getting near the limit.

I do understand how people who like to have different breeds/skins might find it an issue though.
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Dolem
Pet Score:3139
BattleTag®:orcslayer#1209
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Dolem » November 11th, 2015, 12:51 am

Really believe that they should raise it. Why allow three pets of each but then not allow you to actually get them? So heres two choices for blizz. Either remove the limit (It would still only let you have three of each,) for a total of 2265 Remember they just added 3 new pets for Halloween,and that would be 2269 counting Brewfest. OR just allow one pet of each and be done with it. I prefer that they stay with the original concept and allow the pet battler to own 3 of each.
Last edited by Dolem on November 11th, 2015, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paladance
Pet Score:12412
Realm:Burning Legion-eu

Post by Paladance » November 11th, 2015, 5:11 am

How about a quest chain / currency exchange / achievement (new content, yaaay!)
that would let you progressively raise the cap by every 500 slots up to 3k?
With this, only people being actually into battling/trade could have it expanded, so there wouldn't be an argument about wasting the space. :P
Compare it with bank and guild bank tabs for gold etc.

I have compiled community knowledge & data about pet battle abilities!
https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19507

Dolem
Pet Score:3139
BattleTag®:orcslayer#1209
Realm:Draka-us

Post by Dolem » November 11th, 2015, 12:59 pm

Paladance wrote:How about a quest chain / currency exchange / achievement (new content, yaaay!)
that would let you progressively raise the cap by every 500 slots up to 3k?
With this, only people being actually into battling/trade could have it expanded, so there wouldn't be an argument about wasting the space. :P
Compare it with bank and guild bank tabs for gold etc.
This is an AWESOME Idea! If there are just so few of us that pet battle, then make it ours and no one elses (until they join us or not...) same way with fishing, Archeology, and first aid if you don't do it it doesn't show.

Charlott
Top Rater
Pet Score:11193
Realm:Mal'Ganis-us

Post by Charlott » November 13th, 2015, 12:14 am

I'm up at 1002 (when things are not sitting in the bank); 2 are "character specific" argent gruntling types.
Every time they add a pet, I have to choose which wild pet to set free :cry:

- Different breeds (mostly for when/if they add in pet breeding! Also some for strats. Dueled a guildie yesterday... his preferred team was 3x sunflowers lol).
- Hubby's journal is full of pets that he caught & leveled to 25, then realized BREEDS were a thing. So he went back for the better breed, but after having put so much work into the first one, he didn't wanna just release it.
- I have 11 sinister squashlings. If I cage them, I can never put them back in the journal, and that's reason enough for me to keep them learned, lol.
- Different skins.
- No longer obtainable pets (spirit of competition types).
- Moving pets between servers.
- Helping friends/family get caged pets leveled. /sigh *i will never be done leveling*

Jazeel
Pet Score:9583
Realm:Saurfang-us

Post by Jazeel » November 14th, 2015, 9:42 am

i disagree, who really needs every breed skin etc. gawd your only goma make yourself insane, theres so many pets as it is, limit stops folk going crazier than they already are, pet collecting is a mania.

Kiella

Post by Kiella » November 14th, 2015, 1:58 pm

Jazeel wrote:i disagree, who really needs every breed skin etc. gawd your only goma make yourself insane, theres so many pets as it is, limit stops folk going crazier than they already are, pet collecting is a mania.
No, what makes me insane is trying to decide which of my pets I'll have to abandon if they don't increase the pet limit :p

But seriously, it would be impossible I believe even now to have every breed and skin. What many of us want is simply the option, given the variety out there, to have two breeds of a single pet where useful (for example, sometimes slightly more speed is useful, sometimes you'd prefer more power- based on either the opponent or the build you select).

And, less seriously, for those of us that kept some pets in both sexes based on the promise at the end of last expansion of breeding, I would personally strongly prefer not to have to abandon these "extra" pets since I've already put in the time and effort to level them all. I will if I have to, but that's certainly not enjoyable gameplay. Unless there is some serious technical constraint, I don't see why they wouldn't just increase the limit before the next expansion. Even if it's only some small percentage of us that need this, it will make a big difference to us and won't harm anyone else (no one here is asking for additional rewards for these multiples, just not to have to abandon them).

Gracin
Pet Score:3449

Post by Gracin » November 14th, 2015, 8:13 pm

I don't understand why those player's who don't feel that they need a larger pet limit, are actually AGAINST it. It doesn't effect them in anyway for the overall limit to increase, because the 1000 limit likely won't ever be an issue for them for another two expansions.

However, it does effect those of us who do enjoy collecting multiple skin/breeds. And while the skins may not hold value in battle, I can not that just in the case of the Tiny Terrors that it is useful to have two different breeds of one pet, and without the difference in values between the two breeds, the strategy doesn't work.

I'm not sure if those that don't need the limit increased, believe they are "helping" those who need it. Do the lot of you think that we want out options to be limited, and for us to have to make a choice about what pets to cage away or delete all together? Do you think we cause ourselves too much stress trying to collect skins/breeds? Which do you believe causes us more stress, spending time collecting what we want, or having to choose to get rid of something we sunk time into?

Understand, I'm not even to 700 unique pets yet, and it's almost assured that I will never get them all. However, I sunk several days into playing a game I have no interest in to get a pet, and have spent several hundred dollars, and will spend more to get other pets as well. At the end of the day it was my choice, and I'm perfectly okay with the choice I made. I don't enjoy seeing members of our community, not support a rather simple request of feature that a group of us want/need and won't affect them in any way. Rather they stand back and make judgments against those of us that do support this increase. Does't sound like a very good community support system to me...

Peterc

Post by Peterc » November 15th, 2015, 7:15 am

I agree with Gracin 100% .

With the new transmog system a similar process for pet collecting would allow people to collect as many pets as they want - within the current limit of 3 per pet (with some set to 1 only).

Peterc

Merana
Pet Score:10003
Realm:Aman'Thul-eu

Post by Merana » November 15th, 2015, 8:34 am

While I disagree with the limit being removed entirely, I do think an increase to at least 1500 or 2000 is absolutely in order at this point. Legion will only bring more pets and not maxing out the limit even if you have only a few duplicates will get even harder.

Chaosspawned
Pet Score:4548
Realm:Thunderhorn-us

Post by Chaosspawned » November 15th, 2015, 11:08 am

I think the limit needs to go up about 500 to deal with new and last expansions. I am not for unlimited because of AH. I like to browse pets for ones I am missing but sometimes I end up with pages and pages of vendor pets to go through. Some people post pages of common pets for next to nothing and just make browsing harder. Styx on Dragonblight comes to mind (I am on 5 realms total just to get an nicer market, just play play on one). He posts 50 or so of same pet again and again. For many, many pets. I cringe to think of him having unlimited pets.

Gracin
Pet Score:3449

Post by Gracin » November 15th, 2015, 2:13 pm

Chaosspawned wrote:I think the limit needs to go up about 500 to deal with new and last expansions. I am not for unlimited because of AH. I like to browse pets for ones I am missing but sometimes I end up with pages and pages of vendor pets to go through. Some people post pages of common pets for next to nothing and just make browsing harder. Styx on Dragonblight comes to mind (I am on 5 realms total just to get an nicer market, just play play on one). He posts 50 or so of same pet again and again. For many, many pets. I cringe to think of him having unlimited pets.

His tactics won't differ with unlimited space because 1) he's just selling caged pets which the limit doesn't effect him and 2) nobody is asking for the three pet limit to be removed, which still he isn't using this so it doesn't matter.

The problem with just increasing it by 500, or even 1000 is even at just 1500 limit if you have just two(keep in mind the limit is 3) of each pet currently available you are actually treading on the limit again. At 2000 limit, that gets us away from any problems this expansion, but you can almost count on another 40-70 pets added for Legion. And then we are back here again asking for more space. I'm not saying it has to be a no limit situation, but it definitely needs to be high enough to accommodate 3 of every current pet, plus three of the next two/three expansions worth of pets. Rough math from that, plus wiggle room for another expansion gives us a limit of 3000.