Overwatch promotional pet - Baby Winston

Share pet collecting news and advice.
Khorah
Pet Score:11506
BattleTag®:Khorah#1833
Realm:Medivh-us
Re: Overwatch promotional pet - Baby Winston

Post by Khorah » November 7th, 2015, 4:00 pm

Quintessence wrote:Confirmed today -- Overwatch Origins edition will have a bonus WoW pet (Baby Winston).

Update:
  • Normal version of Overwatch will cost $39.99
  • Origins Edition will cost $59.99
[*]Collector's Edition $129.99 on Amazon :shock:

Was thinking about the CE.. but man, I dunno if I am willing to jump at $130 :cry:

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » November 7th, 2015, 4:07 pm

Khorah wrote: Update:
  • Normal version of Overwatch will cost $39.99
  • Origins Edition will cost $59.99
[*]Collector's Edition $129.99 on Amazon :shock:

Was thinking about the CE.. but man, I dunno if I am willing to jump at $130 :cry:
Yeah, definitely not for me. I don't care about the statue, it will just collect dust anyhow. $60 is more than I want to spend but I will because it's not just a pet, it's wings for Diablo too ;)

Shingetsu
Pet Score:4288
Realm:Mal'Ganis-eu

Post by Shingetsu » November 7th, 2015, 6:00 pm

Khorah wrote:Was thinking about the CE.. but man, I dunno if I am willing to jump at $130 :cry:
If you want the pet, the "Origins"-Version is enough. The CE adds a bronze statue-thingie and a soundtrack or something like that.

Index
Pet Score:12739
Realm:Azjol-Nerub-eu

Post by Index » November 11th, 2015, 7:36 am

Much like a few others have said, it's a downer that this pet is tied to a purchase of a game I'll likely never ever play, would much rather it was available separately as a $20 purchase kinda thing...

That said, I'll still end up paying for it, it's a pet after all :P

Dalandius
Pet Score:13133
Realm:Earthen Ring-us

Post by Dalandius » November 11th, 2015, 10:04 am

Index wrote:Much like a few others have said, it's a downer that this pet is tied to a purchase of a game I'll likely never ever play, would much rather it was available separately as a $20 purchase kinda thing...

That said, I'll still end up paying for it, it's a pet after all :P

Yes I too wish I could buy the pet without having to get the game. The pet is a nice bonus if you where going to get the game but rather pricey way to get one pet if your not interested in the game :(

Axarien
MVP
Pet Score:5571
Realm:Kel'Thuzad-us

Post by Axarien » November 11th, 2015, 7:16 pm

I am very bummed that there is no Mac version.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » November 11th, 2015, 7:25 pm

My only difficulty is in deciding whether or not I want to get the CE. I love the Blizzard soundtracks, and am really interested in learning more about the lore on these new characters.

edit: I'd also rather have a Genji statue over Soldier: 76. :/

Desi
Pet Score:5590
Realm:Dragonblight-us

Post by Desi » November 12th, 2015, 12:40 am

After watching the Blizzcon panels on Overwatch, and seeing how blizzard has added their touch to an FPS, I've warmed to trying out this game.

Mehetabel
Top Rater
Pet Score:13557
Realm:Lightbringer-eu

Post by Mehetabel » November 12th, 2015, 9:32 am

Arcana wrote:I am very bummed that there is no Mac version.
Agreed. :( Blizzard's loyalty to Mac owners is what's kept me loyal to their games over the years, even though I can play other games via Bootcamp. I'm not going to be happy if they are ending their Mac-friendly policies. :?
Come join us in the WarcraftPets In-Game Community (EU)! Request invite here: https://www.warcraftpets.com/community/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18420

Tekulve2012
Pet Score:4376
BattleTag®:kingsfoiler#1479
Realm:Sisters of Elune-us

Post by Tekulve2012 » November 12th, 2015, 11:06 am

Well,
I have shelled out money for a pet when it was worth it..such as Murkalot. I paid the money when I knew it was going to be a great battler.There are apes in the game that battle well so it has potential.

I let the treasure goblin slip by since it didn't seem to be a super stellar battler. I'm very interested in knowing this pet's move set and stats.

Aurae
Top Rater
Pet Score:10919
Realm:Ravencrest-us

Post by Aurae » November 12th, 2015, 7:02 pm

Because data mining exists to ruin any potential of surprise.
http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=103159/baby-winston

Quintessence
Site Admin
Pet Score:13896
Realm:Proudmoore-us

Post by Quintessence » November 17th, 2015, 2:22 pm

Can anyone that purchased Overwatch Origins confirm whether or not Baby Winston is now available in-game with Patch 6.2.3?
Feel free to browse through my pet collecting blog: http://wowpetaddiction.blogspot.com

Neolarva
Top Rater
Pet Score:13728
Realm:Les Sentinelles-eu

Post by Neolarva » November 18th, 2015, 5:02 am

Quintessence wrote:Can anyone that purchased Overwatch Origins confirm whether or not Baby Winston is now available in-game with Patch 6.2.3?
I purchased the Overwatch Origins a week ago, and today I didn't get the pet. Maybe we'll have to wait until the game is live.

Fythra
Pet Score:12907
Realm:Madoran-us

Post by Fythra » November 18th, 2015, 10:34 am

Sadly, this is another pet I won't be getting. I'm not paying a lot of money for a game I won't play just to get the pet. I like the Overwatch characters and the story idea but I'm one of those that can't play FPS games. I get motion sickness. And to be honest, it's not a genre I really enjoy either.

Gwenolyn
MVP
Pet Score:5462
BattleTag®:Gwenolyn#1245
Realm:Aerie Peak-us

Post by Gwenolyn » November 23rd, 2015, 5:48 pm

Morlis wrote:I am a little bummed by this, I am getting tired of paying for games I just know I won't play.

1) I am horrible at "Twitchy" games that if your speed and accuracy aren't spot on you'll never amount to much.
2) I generally don't care for PVP of any sort, and Overwatch is going to be team based PVP.

What I would like to see is just an option to buy the pet without the game. Say 20 or 25 bucks to just get the pet.

I will shell out the cash though just like every other devoted pet fan... :roll:

I thought the same. But my husband got into the stress beta this weekend, and the game was totally awesome!!! I don't like first person shooters, but this one was great. I'm def going to play. Blizz makes a good game.

Same with MOBAs and HotS. Thought I'd hate it, but it's fun. Keep going Blizz... next make a family dungeon crawler so I can play with my little gamers!! (I think they read my mind ;) )

Nid
Pet Score:13544
Realm:Stormscale-eu

Post by Nid » November 26th, 2015, 3:18 am

My cunning plan, buy Overwatch for my son this Christmas, but sneakily try to tie it to my account so I got the pet.

We played the beta together and he said he didn't like it...oh well

Melmo
MVP
Pet Score:11046
BattleTag®:Melmo#1842
Realm:Whisperwind-us

Post by Melmo » December 5th, 2015, 9:22 am

Gwenolyn wrote: I thought the same. But my husband got into the stress beta this weekend, and the game was totally awesome!!! I don't like first person shooters, but this one was great. I'm def going to play. Blizz makes a good game.

Same with MOBAs and HotS. Thought I'd hate it, but it's fun. Keep going Blizz... next make a family dungeon crawler so I can play with my little gamers!! (I think they read my mind ;) )
I am a HotS player for life, lol. As for Overwatch I enjoyed the practice session (Tracer is adorable ^_^) but I don't know about a FPS on the computer, it was difficult for me to move around and get my aiming good enough to the point I didn't die immediately. Are there any tips you can give me? I kinda want to try it on the console, but it's just so much easier to preorder digitally for computer. Oh what to do? :/

Salus
Pet Score:8751
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Salus » December 5th, 2015, 9:42 am

Melmo wrote:but I don't know about a FPS on the computer
WHAT?!? A mouse is what makes FPS games fun and challenging!

Quakecon highlights for your viewing pleasure: [url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRMn1tj5-Nc[/url]

Faolin
Pet Score:3225
Realm:Hyjal-us

Post by Faolin » December 6th, 2015, 2:47 pm

I tried Overwatch at Blizzcon and it was a lot of fun! Will likely be playing Mercy and D.va. The wings for Diablo are really cool, and of course, Baby Winston is a total cutie!